Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Iwebema

Member
  • Posts

    1,145
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Iwebema

  1. My only surprise is its taken until October to sign him. I assume he couldn't secure guaranteed championship football.
  2. Okoli can see a pass but just doesnt have the technical ability to execute consistently. O'hora seems to not understand he needs to pass to leicester players 😅
  3. Classic, what a prime Martin ball goal to concede.
  4. Fulham U21s playing with a similar intensity to a team of Jordan Ayews
  5. Its bang on the money, even if we take our chances, we will gift the opposition even better ones time and again. We are the masters of our own downfall, I actually think its harder to be this bad than do well with this team.
  6. The football is more dangerous around our box than it is in the opposition box. Multiple games now we break through the opposition press, we almost outnumber them defence v attack, and then we ponder, take our time, pass backwards and all the opposition do is filter back making it 10 times harder to create a clear chance. Ive seen alot of people say we just need to take our chances, which yes in a 1 off incident is fine, when hes done this everywhere hes gone, has a back catalogue spanning 3 previous clubs where hes had the same results on repeat, chances are its probably him and his tactics causing this. Its so easy to play against its an absolute dream for these opposition managers, you know exactly what to do, sit in and just wait for the inevitable mistake, theres so much evidence of how to beat him its embarrassing that anyone would even appoint him. My expectations when he came in were low, but I still thought just through the quality of players we would have at our disposal, we could find a way, but hes even shitter than I expected, which is actually incredible. Quite fitting that should the sale of the club go through their last appointment was the worst of them all.
  7. It will end, its only heading in one direction, we all know it, just the jokers above him wont clock until about december.
  8. Absolutely, that 2nd half was genuinely awful, like I say it wasnt just a case of we need to take our chances, we gave them many opportunities to win it, all of them because of the style of play. The most annoying thing is he did this at Rangers, Southampton and Swansea. Im just sat here like "what did we think was gonna happen, how much evidence did we need" and then I remember who owns the club. Anyway, I need a beer 😅
  9. This is Russell Martin, yes we need to take our chances, but they would be saying the same, the amount of chances we gave then from our own high risk stupid football. Its the same everywhere he goes, he hasnt changed, he cant change, 4 shambolic games already and its mid September.
  10. Its just a case of when, not if. His football is fundamentally flawed, every single person in football can see it apart from 3 people, Rudkin, Top and himself.
  11. Just the masters of our own downfall, which comes with Russell martin, should be 3 up, playing way too casually, it was absolutely inevitable they would score from one of our defenders passing the ball to their striker. This football is fundamentally flawed.
  12. Some nice passages of play, but everytime we break through the press, we slow it down and let Barnsley get back. Should be out of sight really, needlessly keeping it close
  13. Unless theres an angle I have missed, thats extremely harsh. They have been kicking lumps out of us though
  14. I just cant believe Faes is playing for us again.
  15. I think someone claimed to be ITK and said a few weeks ago they heard he was interested. And then I think its just the coincidence of him selling up at Chelsea within 24 hours of the EOI window, plus his links to Citibank. So nothing credible, just educated speculation.
  16. Fofana, kante, drinkwater, chillwell, kdh...we basically are. Can they buy Luke Thomas please 🙏
  17. Its a well balanced article. I think theres elements to it which are essentially calling for calm considering the overhaul. For what its worth I have heard from people who work at Seagrave that Martin has done alot of good work on the culture. But ultimately it doesnt matter if the results and performances dont improve and become consistent, considering he has actually been allowed to build a team and 90% of the bad eggs are gone, he needs to get it right quickly.
  18. I maintain its mad Rudkin is able to walk around leicester, can you imagine him doing this in say France, he wouldn't be able to leave his home. Again not that Im condoning it, but he has been such a huge part of the downfall, clearly completely incompetent, constantly getting promotions for unprecedented levels of failure and people just shake their head. Hes very very lucky.
  19. We would of won 4-1 with more possession....
  20. It doesnt help that hes done this at every club, its not like hes a new manager or a manager on the up in his career, he is just playing out his standard approach thats followed him for years.
  21. There will be no back up plan, if they didnt have one for Cifuentes theres absolutely no chance theres one in place here, it wont have even crossed their minds this wont work out. I think lose the next 2 and they might start to consider contemplating theyve made another dreadful decision.
  22. The saddest part is literally none of us are surprised one bit. You cant underestimate how incompetent Rudkin and Top are
  23. I can't see him being sacked any time soon, that said there have been murmurings that the idiots in charge are shocked at how badly its started and we are in a desperate position. As always it would be a manager out of work if they don't give it to Hourihane. That would likely lead to a shortlist of Rob Edwards Challinor Mckenna Scott Parker Gerrard Given Mckenna and Challinor are out for personal reasons, I dont think Mckenna would come anyway. I would put money on Edwards or Parker being top of the list.
  24. I can also see similar, probably Chaplin for BDR and Braybrooke for Page. One thing is hes been so vocal about the lack of experience being the reason for yesterday, lock in the older players.
  25. Its such a shame, there were some shoots of positivity after Plymouth, it wasnt the perfect game by any means, but it was a step in the right direction and we are all aware that the turn over of players and culture will take some time. I know foxestalk (like most fan forums) has a tendency to be a bit dramatic, but I think its fair to say yesterday was a huge red flag and the reaction to it is extremely valid, good teams in transition lose it happens, but they dont lose like that, at home following a largely positive week. If we had almost any other manager in charge, I think we would still be worried, and we may be more forgiving, but we dont and we have a manager who has had results, performances like this everywhere he has been, theres nothing we can point to in his history that says this is an anomaly that is part of the process, this is what we all were worried about when he was appointed. For what its worth I thought his interview through the Leicester channel was better than the radio leicester one (it still wasnt good). But you dont have to search hard to find him having the same ones and Southampton and Rangers. He has to know this is his last chance in football, get next week wrong and hes done, whilst I doubt we will sack him because we like to wait until the situation has gone past being recoverable before we act, he is now fighting for his football managerial career, there isnt an ownership/DOF in world football that will touch him after this, well maybe the guys that run OH Lueven 😅 Sorry long post, I just woke up a bit sad, I was hoping he could prove us all wrong after all it feels like this is it for the club unless we get a buyer, but its looking like its going to play out exactly as we all feared.
×
×
  • Create New...