Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
longy

Joe Hamill

So what do you think of this Lad ??? personally i think he has a bright future and has played well for reserves ... i think hes 3 goals in 2 game or something like that ... I hope CL will play him a bit this season so we can all see what the lad is capable of....

Well in CL good signing in my eyes!

Keep The Faith!

I agree. He looks very good. For the future he looks brilliant but i also believe he should be playing now!

I think Levein needs to give him a chance. Said it many times already and i reckon because he has the urge to play well he is much better than Sylla who think for some idiotic reason he is better than this division (by the way he plays!)

I'm noticing that people are starting to turn on Sylla. Is he really that bad?

Just my IMO. I saw him the first few games and he looked ok but recently his work rate isnt up there. Im not sure if its an injury or not in which case he shouldnt be playing at all but he seems like he doesnt want to play! I heard the radio commentary for past few games and i only here his name for negative points like fouls etc.

Hopefully it has been injuries and he proves me wrong!

I think Levein's opinion of Hamill being one for the future and not featuring much this season has changed. He's played twice for the first team now and he's only been here a few weeks, I don't think he'll be a regular but I think he'll get a fair few appearances, I think Levein might just have been playing down the signing a bit as he knows Hamill is young and a bit of a confidence player and lots of expectations wouldn't be good for him.

Reading the Scottish web sites you get the impression he's an artist rather than a bull terrier and the secret therefore is to play to his strengths.

The system should appreciate the guy for what he is - a guy who creates space and havoc by beating people, someone with the vision to create goals and a knack of scoring them, too.

One of the eternal problems for cultured footballers is that people forever want them to be what they're not and they can waste lots of energy trying to oblige then not have the speed of foot or speed of mind to quite do what they're good at.

And yet with the rottweilers, no-one really expects them to be cultured. Funny that.

Of course, Hammill needs to have nuisance value when he's not got the ball but the really important part of his game is creating and scoring goals. Scholes is the prime example of a top quality player whose talents are diminished by having to help out in an ordinary midfield.

How many goals, how many assists is the question to ask over time when assesing Hammil's value.

If he's not made to waste his energy, he'll be a valuable asset.

This is another reason why crowding everyone into our penalty box to defend set plays is daft. It wastes the energy of people who are often lousy defenders anyway.

Overwork dulls the senses. Only a few truly ouitstanding athletes (often with slow heartbeats) have the ability to effectively cover the whole pitch - people like Brian Robson, Roy Keane in his day, Alan Smith as time will prove and a few more.

Others - and Hammond is another who should misdirect his energy - need to concentrate on doing their job and doing it well. Split seconds are vital in football and you want find those split second if you're knackered either mentally or physically..

I'd pick him ahead of Mo (Sylla) - I think Williams has done OK - and does look as if he might get a goal soon. My midfield would be Hughes, Gudjonsson, Williams and HAMILL (I saw him for Hearts last season and he looks a great prospect - amazing he played 70 times for them and was still only in their Academy !). The only place for Tiatto now is either on the bench or at Left Back.

I saw Hamill for Hearts last year and he was great. Should be in our team NOW.

Hamill seems to be a tidy player, who retains the ball well and seems to have a decent left foot on him. He also seems to be comfortable with the ball at his feet accompanied with good close control. This is based on what I've seen against Bury and Hull when he's played.

I think Levein needs to give him a chance. Said it many times already and i reckon because he has the urge to play well he is much better than Sylla who think for some idiotic reason he is better than this division (by the way he plays!)

Sylla should spend an hour or two with Humey if he wants to learn about attitude.

Archived