Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Nervous Feeling

It's exciting, appointing Hiddink would show how ambitious our owners are. Sacking Pearson was probably their biggest and controversial decision since they've arrived at the club. So far most of there decisions have worked.

Quite contradictory?

They've done well to invest their brand into a well-known club, and gain extra admirers from Asia and their devotion to the club in the press etc.

But their decision/s is based on the manager; and without a manager, their reputation is quite tarnished (despite our 'rise').

As discussed in the "total overhaul" thread, im not particularly nervous at all.

Obviously losing Pearson has created some uncertainty, but I think we are adding players to the squad that will improve the squad well, and if we get a good manager in of the likes of Hiddink, i see no reason why we wont build on last season and improve. If Nigel Pearson was still manager, no one would question the money being spent EVEN if he wasnt responsible for the signings. It would be interpreted as the board showing their continued commitment to the club, about how Leicester were looking to "kick on" and improve on last season.

Its only AFTER the sacking that these things are interpreted as boom or bust spending, that the owners are reckless and that all the good work will be undone.

There is nothing to suggest a new manager will come here and rip everything up. Hes working with a good squad AND with the finances to improve it if he wants. A new managers dream.

I just think theres a lot of needless scaremongering going on right now. I dont for one moment think the club is on the brink of implosion as some would have us believe. I actually think the club will move forwards, not backwards.

As discussed in the "total overhaul" thread, im not particularly nervous at all.

Obviously losing Pearson has created some uncertainty, but I think we are adding players to the squad that will improve the squad well, and if we get a good manager in of the likes of Hiddink, i see no reason why we wont build on last season and improve. If Nigel Pearson was still manager, no one would question the money being spent EVEN if he wasnt responsible for the signings. It would be interpreted as the board showing their continued commitment to the club, about how Leicester were looking to "kick on" and improve on last season.

Its only AFTER the sacking that these things are interpreted as boom or bust spending, that the owners are reckless and that all the good work will be undone.

There is nothing to suggest a new manager will come here and rip everything up. Hes working with a good squad AND with the finances to improve it if he wants. A new managers dream.

I just think theres a lot of needless scaremongering going on right now. I dont for one moment think the club is on the brink of implosion as some would have us believe. I actually think the club will move forwards, not backwards.

Yeah you could be right. Just feel like we all had a fairly clear vision under Pearson and now that could change, positively or negatively. Supporting this club does this to your nerves after a while lol

Archived