Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cisono

Hughes Not a Good Spectator

It would have been a bit more helpful if you'd actually put a link to the video interview...

Incidentally, it was difficult for me to test properly if that link works properly or not. I did test it and, for me, it works! (possibly due to the fact that I already have the file cached on my PC)

Glad they wrote that down in text, as I cannot make out hardly anything he is saying in the video interview

(I only get the last 3 or 4 words!!!). Is it just me?!!? :rolleyes:

I have very little problems, I could even understand Rab C Nesbitt when it was on, but I suspect it's genetic!

From: http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~709350,00.html

There was some good news to report regarding the fitness of Stephen Hughes.

Levein added: "Stephen is back in full training and is on the right track. He went through his first real match situation on Monday since he has recovered from his injury.

"He also trained on Friday, but it is a bit early to play him in the reserve game against Palace.

"Stephen is going to train all week and providing he gets no setbacks then I will be considering him for the weekend.

"He is a quality player and from my point of view we have missed him. He's not kicked a ball for us this season and I think, arguably, towards the end of last season he was our best player."

I have very little problems, I could even understand Rab C Nesbitt when it was on, but I suspect it's genetic!

I don't know what you mean genetic here, but I was fine after I adjusted my expectations of what he "should" sound like. :P

Why didnt he tell the truth and say its been great to sit back, do nothing and still get paid 5 grand a week?-lol

I know what you think... I'd like to have that money in my bank account too!!! :cool:

But I don't think that would be the full truth, in his case.

I have talked to him briefly a few times over the last few months. He seemed really depressed about not playing and every time there was even a minor setback. Hardly smiled at all. He only ever smiled when I wished him all the best and to be back to playing soon.

Come on Stephen!!! :thumbup:

I don't know what you mean genetic here, but I was fine after I adjusted my expectations of what he "should" sound like. :P

I have an 'ear' for the accent, but I am of Scottish descent you see. One of our sales reps is from Glasgow, and his accent is particularly tame, but people here reckon they "can't understand a bloody word"!

I have talked to him briefly a few times over the last few months. He seemed really depressed about not playing and every time there was even a minor setback. Hardly smiled at all. He only ever smiled when I wished him all the best and to be back to playing soon.

So you've spoken to him in real life but you can't understand his interview? :S

I have an 'ear' for the accent, but I am of Scottish descent you see. One of our sales reps is from Glasgow, and his accent is particularly tame, but people here reckon they "can't understand a bloody word"!

Ah, so a question of both "nature" and "nurture" ... You have both in your favour there. No wonder!!!

When I was in Stirling a few years back, I had to change my car tyres. Went to a garage and this 15-year-old was speaking at length to me. I couldn't understand a word ... that is, in trying to understand him, I was mostly guessing.

So I had to use a lot of "So you are saying that I would be better off changing all the tyres?" directed towards the older guy, whose accent was a little bit more "standard". He would then confirm or whatever.

An English friend (also somewhat puzzled) was looking on (mostly laughing).

I did get my tyres in the end. Luckily :)

Archived