Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Katy

Away season tickets!

Well said in a Devils Advocate fashion.

Personally I'm fed up of the non ST holders whingeing about stuff. Okay I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford a season ticket and go away a lot but that has not always been the case.

What pisses me off is the 7,000 loyal supporters who turn up for away matches at cup quarter final stage but are not seen for love nor money at places like Burnley or Blackpool.

People who put the money in early deserve to get some benefits including priority on away matches.

Good point, fully agreed on that.

7,000 at Blackburn, 250 at Burnley 4 days earlier. Can't really defend that.

Fair points Lisa & Hullcox.

On the other hand, my hypothetical example would be this: a member (or any non ST holder for that matter) could go to every single away game during a particular season, which costs an average of £30 per game (and that's on the low end if you bear in mind ticket cost, travel expenses, programme and/or food/beverages). Now calculate that over 23 away games in this division: 23 x 30 = £690.

So a member/non ST holder could easily spend twice the amount of a home ST but yet s/he will still receive no benefits in the allocation of away tickets the following season. I know my example isn't going to be common, but you get my drift.

It's certainly not a case of "non-ST holders whigeing about stuff" as Hullcox put it. In my example I went to 11 away games last season, which averages out to £330 (probably more)- which is about the same as a cheap season ticket at the WS.

Yes the ST holders fork out their cash up front which is fair enough, but in theory it could be the case that ST holder X (who never goes to away games) will get priority over non-ST holder Y (who goes to 12-15 away games per season, which cost more than a home ST) when it comes to one of the 'glamour' away games.

I'm not saying it's fair or right, just pointing out the different perspective from a non-ST view.

As mentioned earlier this was something we put forward to the club previously, but the club had various concerns about it & decided not to proceed with it.

We believe there is a requirement for this however 8 have it on our issues list to raise again prior to next season

Fair points Lisa & Hullcox.

On the other hand, my hypothetical example would be this: a member (or any non ST holder for that matter) could go to every single away game during a particular season, which costs an average of £30 per game (and that's on the low end if you bear in mind ticket cost, travel expenses, programme and/or food/beverages). Now calculate that over 23 away games in this division: 23 x 30 = £690.

So a member/non ST holder could easily spend twice the amount of a home ST but yet s/he will still receive no benefits in the allocation of away tickets the following season. I know my example isn't going to be common, but you get my drift.

It's certainly not a case of "non-ST holders whigeing about stuff" as Hullcox put it. In my example I went to 11 away games last season, which averages out to £330 (probably more)- which is about the same as a cheap season ticket at the WS.

Yes the ST holders fork out their cash up front which is fair enough, but in theory it could be the case that ST holder X (who never goes to away games) will get priority over non-ST holder Y (who goes to 12-15 away games per season, which cost more than a home ST) when it comes to one of the 'glamour' away games.

I'm not saying it's fair or right, just pointing out the different perspective from a non-ST view.

If you're intending to go to all or as many matches as possible, then surely a home season ticket would be the way to go anyway? If you can't afford the initial lump sum there are other ways around it, such as credit cards with 0% introductory offers, and if you can't get a credit card, then there's loans? Surely the interest paid would still make a ST cheaper than paying on a match by match basis?

Archived