Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Some one to complain to

If I didn't end up on this group, I would probably have taken the slippery slope down towards politics, such is my nature. :ph34r:

Ooh, you don't really want to go there, take it from me! ;)

Congratulations on your election. I'm sure you'll do a good job representing me and the rest of F1! :thumbup:

Ooh, you don't really want to go there, take it from me! ;)

Congratulations on your election. I'm sure you'll do a good job representing me and the rest of F1! :thumbup:

:o

Cheers!

Good luck to all those wanting to make city a better place to have fun.

So we have this and foxes trust, the administration consortium (who now own the club), plus the supporters club. How many other organisations are there, to help the club?

Some questions for Lisa, or any of the others in supporter organisations, what is your prime objective, and how will you go about getting it done? Plus, what power do you have?

How will you decide on a decision. Will it be a secret ballot, or will you ask the fans? How many fans will you accept as a decision? How would you make sure all city fans know what your asking?

Finally, if the majority of fans ask for something, and your organisation think it has too many holes, will you go forth with it?

The very best of luck!!

Lisa i sit in F1 so could you pease advise leicester city F.C to get catering staff that can speak bloody English!!! On Saturday i asked for a Lager and the foreign bloke serving me gave me a packet of Smarties.

I think that since the club contracted out the catering, the staff might be independent of the club itself. Although I could be wrong.

Lisa i sit in F1 so could you pease advise leicester city F.C to get catering staff that can speak bloody English!!! On Saturday i asked for a Lager and the foreign bloke serving me gave me a packet of Smarties.

I think thats more a case of understanding English as opposed to speaking it

Its called cheap foreign labour, king. You would think they could afford quality staff considering the prices they charge.

Why would you wana pay £2.80 for a 3% pint of sewage water ;) The amount of sewage water left in the concorse is unreal, which supports my theory thats its rubbish. Sort it out Lisa, folk are unhappy here ;)

Get some dry white wine king, its the healthiest alcohol around, and its 11.5%. :) virtually sugar free.

Good luck to all those wanting to make city a better place to have fun.

So we have this and foxes trust, the administration consortium (who now own the club), plus the supporters club. How many other organisations are there, to help the club?

Some questions for Lisa, or any of the others in supporter organisations, what is your prime objective, and how will you go about getting it done? Plus, what power do you have?

How will you decide on a decision. Will it be a secret ballot, or will you ask the fans? How many fans will you accept as a decision? How would you make sure all city fans know what your asking?

Finally, if the majority of fans ask for something, and your organisation think it has too many holes, will you go forth with it?

The very best of luck!!

The role of the consultative has been explained elsewhere. Only time will tell as to how much power we will have over decision making at the club. As I understand it, there will be the opportunity to canvass opinion on issues, for which I intend to use the forums, although there could be times when this will not be possible.

The Club also has a list of email addresses which could be used to get a wider view, as with the suggestion to move the Crewe home game several weeks back. There may be times when the club wants to gauge fans opinions on matters that cannot be publicly divulged. From what I've seen of the other members, they are an intelligent bunch, who have a fair bit of common sense. I think that between us we can come to an agreement on issues like this.

The likelihood of the majority of fans wanting something the members of this group doesn't agree with would be small. If it was going to be something that was detrimental to the Club, then no we wouldn't go for it. As long as we had a decent explanation as to why not, of course.

I think that since the club contracted out the catering, the staff might be independent of the club itself. Although I could be wrong.

The concourse catering staff are independant of the club, but its down to the club to bring in a good service. Bloody hell Lisa, you`ve alot to knowledge yourself with. Expect to lose some football veiwing from now on, fans will interupt it regular. The worse city do, the more you`ll get complaints, no matter how triviel the complaints are.

Only time will tell as to how much power we will have over decision making at the club. As I understand it, there will be the opportunity to canvass opinion on issues, for which I intend to use the forums, although there could be times when this will not be possible.

The Club also has a list of email addresses which could be used to get a wider view, as with the suggestion to move the Crewe home game several weeks back. There may be times when the club wants to gauge fans opinions on matters that cannot be publicly divulged. From what I've seen of the other members, they are an intelligent bunch, who have a fair bit of common sense. I think that between us we can come to an agreement on issues like this.

The likelihood of the majority of fans wanting something the members of this group doesn't agree with would be small. If it was going to be something that was detrimental to the Club, then no we wouldn't go for it. As long as we had a decent explanation as to why not, of course.

How much power do you have now? Are you confident of getting all opinions that wana take part? That could be 28,000.

Arnt you 100% open to the fans then?

So you wont always listen then agree with the majority of the fans, just because you think it might be wrong. What is then the point in asking them/representing them, you might aswell just be a politician ;)

May i suggest you do what the majority of fans want, isnt that what you would want? If you disagree with the majority, i`d advise you to change your seating accomodation, as you`ll receive very unwanted disgust, and that is not good for the club.

How much power do you have now? Are you confident of getting all opinions that wana take part? That could be 28,000.

Arnt you 100% open to the fans then?

So you wont always listen then agree with the majority of the fans, just because you think it might be wrong. What is then the point in asking them/representing them, you might aswell just be a politician ;)

May i suggest you do what the majority of fans want, isnt that what you would want? If you disagree with the majority, i`d advise you to change your seating accomodation, as you`ll receive very unwanted disgust, and that is not good for the club.

Did you not read my piece properly? There will be times when we can't ask around for everyone's opinions but whenever we can, we will try to get as many opinions as possible. I fully intend on using the web, but I can't speak for anyone else.

This is a two way arrangement as well; if people don't tell us what they think, then we can't be expected to consider their opinions can we, or act for them.

Noone ever said we'd represent the views of all City fans. All the club want is to have some fan-input into the club, and unfortunately it is not logistically possible to ask what everyone thinks all of the time. The olf Fans Forum wasn't working either. I'm just thankful I've got the chance to tell the club what I think, and it doesn't stop you or anyone else contacting them directly yourself anyway.

As I've said before, I can't see that many times when the entire group will disagree with something that the majority of fans want. The only time I've ever seen the fans so aganst a proposal was the Fosse/City debate, and that time we all had a say, not a select few.

We live in a democracy, but there still has to be representatives to make decisions, or form a part in that process. If not, we would be living in anarchy.

There will be times when we can't ask around for everyone's opinions but whenever we can, we will try to get as many opinions as possible. I fully intend on using the web, but I can't speak for anyone else.

Noone ever said we'd represent the views of all City fans. All the club want is to have some fan-input into the club, and unfortunately it is not logistically possible to ask what everyone thinks all of the time. The olf Fans Forum wasn't working either. I'm just thankful I've got the chance to tell the club what I think, and it doesn't stop you or anyone else contacting them directly yourself anyway.

We live in a democracy, but there still has to be representatives to make decisions, or form a part in that process. If not, we would be living in anarchy.

We need an organisation that can hear EVERY view. My concern is that, if you put forward a view, that you think represents the majority, but it isnt, then you will probably make things worse.

I`d suggest one of the reasons why alot of people dont bother contacting their club, is because they dont feel they`ll be listened to. The club represent a style that doesnt adhere to their own individual circumstances. For instance, the club could quite easily sell food and drink at respectable prices, but they want our money. Its not in their best interests to charge sensible prices, but its a huge complaint from the fans. How are you, for instance going to get the club to encourage the private food and drink outlets to charge less?

I suggest you work out the clubs policy on financial restraints, before asking them to please the fans concerns over that side of things. They will not listen to you, when its their job to charge the fees they charge, if you want them to put the prices down for things like admission prices etc.

How much power do you have now?

We need an organisation that can hear EVERY view. My concern is that, if you put forward a view, that you think represents the majority, but it isnt, then you will probably make things worse.

I`d suggest one of the reasons why alot of people dont bother contacting their club, is because they dont feel they`ll be listened to. The club represent a style that doesnt adhere to their own individual circumstances. For instance, the club could quite easily sell food and drink at respectable prices, but they want our money. Its not in their best interests to charge sensible prices, but its a huge complaint from the fans. How are you, for instance going to get the club to encourage the private food and drink outlets to charge less?

I suggest you work out the clubs policy on financial restraints, before asking them to please the fans concerns over that side of things. They will not listen to you, when its their job to charge the fees they charge, if you want them to put the prices down for things like admission prices etc.

How much power do you have now?

Firstly, the club contracted out the matchday catering. I would need to get this confirmed, but I suspect that the firm who has the contract dictates the price, as they are the ones who are paying for the food and drink in the first place. If this is the case, then I'm not sure how much City can dictate to them what to charge. From what I can gather, whether done in-house, or by a contractor, matchday food sales do not make that much difference to the amount of money the club is taking in.

Secondly, how can you have every fans view represented? Are you suggesting that instead of a small core of different people, the Club in future sends out mailshots to everyone (remember not everyone has access to the web). "Dear Fan, we would like to hear your comments regarding matchday catering....." How many fans do you think will respond? How much do you think this will cost? Wouldn't the money be better spent elsewhere?

I suggest you find out what the percentage of respondees was for the last survey sent out by the club. I suspect it is low. This then begs the question, does the club really need to ask every single fan for his or her opinion?

As for "the clubs policy on financial restraints", does the club have one? What the hell is a "policy on financial restraints" anyway? Sounds like you've put some words together for the sake of it there.

I would need to get this confirmed, but I suspect that the firm who has the contract dictates the price, as they are the ones who are paying for the food and drink in the first place. If this is the case, then I'm not sure how much City can dictate to them what to charge.

Secondly, how can you have every fans view represented? Are you suggesting that instead of a small core of different people, the Club in future sends out mailshots to everyone (remember not everyone has access to the web). "Dear Fan, we would like to hear your comments regarding matchday catering....." How many fans do you think will respond? How much do you think this will cost? Wouldn't the money be better spent elsewhere?

This then begs the question, does the club really need to ask every single fan for his or her opinion?

As for "the clubs policy on financial restraints", does the club have one? What the hell is a "policy on financial restraints" anyway? Sounds like you've put some words together for the sake of it there.

The club obviously make money on the catering, whether it be a percentage, or an initial fee. They also buy and sell their own food and drink for the corporate areas. Why they need to hire a private firm that will charge even more, is beyond me.

Ask them about that Lisa please?

We can have every fans view that wants it represented, thats potentially 30,000 views.

I know a simple way to gauge fans views, all of them that wana give it. It would cost pennies.

If the club want to be seen to respect every single punter that buys a ticket, then they should WANT to ask every fan their opinion. Yes they need to ask, and it is not difficult. The clubs employees are very quick to tell their employers. It is slack thinking of the employers to let their employees have it cushie. If we want the best possible fun at filbert way, we need to make sure that those who work for us, do their jobs to the best of their ability.

Of course the club have financial restraints. Every business in the world has them. Their policy is what they consider is a viable application to spend money to run our club.

Lisa, i dont waste my time here, i care about our club, i wana see us win the prem. I know its a tuffy, but i have the dream. We can do it, but we ALL need to have the same policy of thought, or a martin o`neil or abramavich.

Were 11% down on attendance. Whos fault is it? Why is this the case? We have a better squad of players, than this time last season, and we have better results than last season so far.

Are fringe fans just not interested, or is our marketing people not doing their job properly?

The club obviously make money on the catering, whether it be a percentage, or an initial fee. They also buy and sell their own food and drink for the corporate areas. Why they need to hire a private firm that will charge even more, is beyond me.

Ask them about that Lisa please?

This was raised at an open meeting or Fans Forum meeting last year, I can't remember which. I can't find any minutes on this, I'm sure the FT will be able to supply the background on this.

We can have every fans view that wants it represented, thats potentially 30,000 views.

I know a simple way to gauge fans views, all of them that wana give it. It would cost pennies.

Questionnaire results

15% return rate is very disappointing. It was free to return the form as well. So given that it would cost about 10-30 minutes of your time to read through and complete, plus the effort of putting your answers into a post box, not all fans do want to give their views.

Note that 60% of those who responded were happy with the matchday catering.

If the club want to be seen to respect every single punter that buys a ticket, then they should WANT to ask every fan their opinion. Yes they need to ask, and it is not difficult. The clubs employees are very quick to tell their employers. It is slack thinking of the employers to let their employees have it cushie. If we want the best possible fun at filbert way, we need to make sure that those who work for us, do their jobs to the best of their ability.

Of course they want everyone's opinions, why do you think they send out the above questionnaire? Why do you think they held Open Meetings? Why does TD go on RL and take questions from the fans on there?

Of course the club have financial restraints. Every business in the world has them. Their policy is what they consider is a viable application to spend money to run our club.

Lisa, i dont waste my time here, i care about our club, i wana see us win the prem. I know its a tuffy, but i have the dream. We can do it, but we ALL need to have the same policy of thought, or a martin o`neil or abramavich.

You don't run a business, and I am making an assumption here, but I suspect you do not have a commercial role wherever it is you work. Football at this level is a business. The Board of Directors run this, not the Fans Consultative Group. We can tell them how the business is affecting the way we are treated, how it affects our matchday experience, but we can't have a say in the running of the club as our motivations may not be in the best interests of the club itself.

Were 11% down on attendance. Whos fault is it? Why is this the case? We have a better squad of players, than this time last season, and we have better results than last season so far.

Are fringe fans just not interested, or is our marketing people not doing their job properly?

Attendances fell throughout the 4 divisions for the first time since the fornmation of the Premiership. Already indications are that attendances have again dropped so far this seaon, not just at Leicester City. To be honest, I can see why people aren't interested. For every one of us who wants (yes, wants) to experience the hard times so that we can appreciate the good, there are 10 maybe 20 fans who think we're off our heads, and could spend their time and money elsewhere.

I'd love to see the WS full, and the atmosphere rocking, but there aren't many grounds that have that at the moment.

There are far too many other issues surrounding ticket pricing etc, I've put my feelings across elsewhere so won't repeat them. Either way, it is beyond the control of 12 fans to sort out.

15% return rate is very disappointing. It was free to return the form as well. So given that it would cost about 10-30 minutes of your time to read through and complete, plus the effort of putting your answers into a post box, not all fans do want to give their views.

Note that 60% of those who responded were happy with the matchday catering.

Of course they want everyone's opinions, why do you think they send out the above questionnaire? Why do you think they held Open Meetings? Why does TD go on RL and take questions from the fans on there?

You don't run a business, and I am making an assumption here, but I suspect you do not have a commercial role wherever it is you work. Football at this level is a business. The Board of Directors run this, not the Fans Consultative Group. We can tell them how the business is affecting the way we are treated, how it affects our matchday experience, but we can't have a say in the running of the club as our motivations may not be in the best interests of the club itself.

I'd love to see the WS full, and the atmosphere rocking, but there aren't many grounds that have that at the moment.

I would suggest the 19,000 V sheff wed wana give their views, but it depends what the club ask them, as to what they wana say. It is quite possible too, that some just couldnt give their opinion for whatever reason, like me, i didnt even know the questionaire existed, let alone get one to answer. Some just dont think the club will give a flying anyway. Alot of fans have been shat on from a great height, so they`ll just ignore the suits, who they dont consider give a sh!t anyway.

But fair play to the club for doing this, even though it wasted a few quid more than they needed to? When was it produced?

60% of 5,982 roughly 3,600 people, out of 19,000 who currently go, 20%. Even if all 19,000 who went saturday expressed their view on catering, do you think more than 50% would like it, i dont. Most dont bother with the catering, most of those that do, dont feel its up to scratch from what i hear, but they have little choice but to use it, YUK!! ;) I would only buy there if i was desperate or drunk.

Percentage wise, about how much of fans views has the club put into practise? What have the club changed because of the questionaire, which to me didnt ask hard questions, but little things they probably need to ask.

We collectively have the MAJOR say on running the club, not those who dot the i`s and cross the t`s, US.

And if our motivation to financially support OUR club, give physical sweat and tears to do so isnt qualification as to know how are club should be run, who the hell is??? Which "suit" at the club, has ever given personal finace where he or she hadnt either receieved it from club funs first and foremost, or has a contract to get it back at such n such a date?

NOT ONE fan like us has ever been given a reasurance of the financial wealth weve put towards our club.

This is one thing i hate about club spokesman, they say we have lower attendences, and its the same elsewhere. So what, get off ya arses and encourage the one million people living in and around Leicestershire to part company with their hard earned, thats what we pay you to do. Do something, but get our stadium rocking to the tune of more wins.

I would suggest the 19,000 V sheff wed wana give their views, but it depends what the club ask them, as to what they wana say. It is quite possible too, that some just couldnt give their opinion for whatever reason, like me, i didnt even know the questionaire existed, let alone get one to answer. Some just dont think the club will give a flying anyway. Alot of fans have been shat on from a great height, so they`ll just ignore the suits, who they dont consider give a sh!t anyway.

But fair play to the club for doing this, even though it wasted a few quid more than they needed to? When was it produced?

60% of 5,982 roughly 3,600 people, out of 19,000 who currently go, 20%. Even if all 19,000 who went saturday expressed their view on catering, do you think more than 50% would like it, i dont. Most dont bother with the catering, most of those that do, dont feel its up to scratch from what i hear, but they have little choice but to use it, YUK!! ;) I would only buy there if i was desperate or drunk.

Percentage wise, about how much of fans views has the club put into practise? What have the club changed because of the questionaire, which to me didnt ask hard questions, but little things they probably need to ask.

We collectively have the MAJOR say on running the club, not those who dot the i`s and cross the t`s, US.

And if our motivation to financially support OUR club, give physical sweat and tears to do so isnt qualification as to know how are club should be run, who the hell is??? Which "suit" at the club, has ever given personal finace where he or she hadnt either receieved it from club funs first and foremost, or has a contract to get it back at such n such a date?

NOT ONE fan like us has ever been given a reasurance of the financial wealth weve put towards our club.

This is one thing i hate about club spokesman, they say we have lower attendences, and its the same elsewhere. So what, get off ya arses and encourage the one million people living in and around Leicestershire to part company with their hard earned, thats what we pay you to do. Do something, but get our stadium rocking to the tune of more wins.

Everyone has the ability to complain. You don't have to go through myself or the 11 other members, you can complain directly to the club you know. You're guessing at how many people don't like the catering, but if that many people felt strongly that it was that poor, the club would have noticed long before now. You don't have to eat at the football, many fans don't bother.

Whilst I would love to think we, the fans, were running the club, at the end of the day we don't. It is a business. We are not qualified to run a business. The idea of getting a consultative committee together is to run some of those business ideas to the fans and gauge some opinion. In turn we need to be the eyes and ears, and let them know what people are thinking who don't not feel they can approach the club directly. It is not, in the bigger picture, a position of power though.

I can take your views regarding catering on board, I'll make a note, and get it added to the agenda and raise them at the next meeting along with the comments I've already been PM'd with, but when I have to argue against 60% of approx. 6k who are statistically a majority and think things are fine, then you see what we are up against. I would appreciate it if you didn't try and complicate the issues by trying to make out we should be 'bigger' than we actually are, and belittling the fact that some of us are willing to give it a go, the Club included.

Archived