Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Some one to complain to

<h3 class="headline">LCFC Fans Consultative Committee </h3>

The LCFC Fans Consultative Committee members are pictured below.

Their locations on matchdays within the Walkers Stadium are as follows:

0,,10274%7E2740701,00.jpg

Supporter Relations Manager Pete Jones said: "One of the promises the club has made this season is to set up a working group of supporters and club staff to consider a more pro-active fan consultation to include improving matchday atmosphere and entertainment."

The committee will form one part of the consultation process with fans.

Committee members are available on match days if anyone wants to express a point of view.

Jones added: "They will maintain regular contact with me to ensure supporters concerns are dealt with quickly and efficiently."

top totty lol

I think that since the club contracted out the catering, the staff might be independent of the club itself. Although I could be wrong.

Lindlay Catering are responsible for the recruitment of the catering staff, not the club

They attended the last (non-open style) Fans Forum of season 04-05 & those present were able to quiz them on various topics.

This exact issue was raised by the Trust having had similar experience of the words tea & coffee not being understood in the East Stand. Lindlay's confirmed this was not acceptable & said they were carrying out a more careful selection process now.

It does need raising at the FCC, so it can again be fed onto Lindlay.

Answering all Lush's points would take hours & be far too long a post.

So I'll do a few posts covwering elements of his points.

Firstly - have you ever tried to analyse 19,000 people's opinions? - How long do you think it would take & how much would it cost to do it? - You are being totally unrealistic to expect this.

The survey the club carried out was comprehensive. 15% response is actually quite high for a survey, it is more typically nearer 5%.

It took us numerous hours just to re-key all the findings on our website, here's the links to the full survey results

Parts 1- 8 http://www.foxestrust.com/html/modules.php...article&sid=416

(follow the links contained within)

Part 9 http://www.foxestrust.com/html/modules.php...article&sid=420

Part 10 http://www.foxestrust.com/html/modules.php...article&sid=422

Part 11 http://www.foxestrust.com/html/modules.php...article&sid=426

You cannot say the club haven't asked.

The survey was issued at the end of the 2003-04 season. All Season Ticket holders received a copy, it was issued in the programme. We carried several stories about its existance on our website at the time urging fans to complete it & giving details of how you could request a copy to take part.

Not sure why you weren't aware?

Good luck to all those wanting to make city a better place to have fun.

So we have this and foxes trust, the administration consortium (who now own the club), plus the supporters club. How many other organisations are there, to help the club?

Some questions for Lisa, or any of the others in supporter organisations, what is your prime objective, and how will you go about getting it done? Plus, what power do you have?

How will you decide on a decision. Will it be a secret ballot, or will you ask the fans? How many fans will you accept as a decision? How would you make sure all city fans know what your asking?

Finally, if the majority of fans ask for something, and your organisation think it has too many holes, will you go forth with it?

The very best of luck!!

To answer from a Trust perspective - we have fingers in nearly all the organisations you mention.

Fans Consultative Committee - Alan Digby represents us

Consortium now = Shareholders, Ian Bason (as Chairman) + 1 other FT board members attends shareholder meetings

LCFC Board meetings - Our Observer Henry Doyle attends

Community Group Meeting - John Adcock represents us

We also hold one to one meetings between Tim Davies & Ian Bason who are in regular contact

Our prime objectives have been published since we first set up & are available on this link

http://www.foxestrust.com/html/modules.php...=showpage&pid=2

We use all of the above to communicate with the club, it depends on the issue as to which person within LCFC we talk to. Being involved in all these levels & obviously sharing information across the Trust board means we are able to get views over effectively in many ways.

Power - day to day this sits with Tim Davies, who has to have board approval for some decisions. We talk to Tim (& many others) to influence. This doesn't mean we can get instant results, but we don't give up after an initial knock back.

Here are 3 examples

1) We were consulted on the appointment of the next manager following Micky Adams departure. We read all the message boards to gauge fans opinion, researched all the track records of the potential candidiates (& published those details on our website) & gave our views to the club over several conversations. We mentioned Craig Levein's name to the club (we can't say he wasn't already under consideration, we don't know) but we named him after the club had mentioned to us about 30+ candidates.

2) We had given our views about the performance of key individuals within the club to all the clubs Directors over the last 2 years. We made it very clear how fans did not respect Paul Mace & the growing hostility to his marketing methods, while questioning performance over such things as the Pepsi MAx tournament. He has departed

3) The format of the Fans Consultative Commitee matches exactly what the Trust proposed back in June 2003, including availability on match days & publishing photos.

No we haven't got power, but we do have significant influence

Trust decisions are mainly taken by the Trust board (having all been democratically elected by members). On certain key issues we carry out e-mail surveys, in the vast majority of cases to members only, altho we did open a recent one up to all fans via message boards. The results of those surveys we then use as a guide. In the vast majority of cases the survey results have not given a clear cut answer, so the board then has to interpret & make the final decision.

The Trust board is carrying out this work while all having full time work, so to expect us to ask every fan is not possible, neither could we afford to spend members annual fees paying for postage for non-members to answer questions. That would clearly be the wrong use of funds.

Our style of survey is normally multi choice for ease of answer, most seem to be able to answer ok this way.

However there are occasions when the Trust board will be asked for a viewpoint by the club on an idea, which will not go to general public knowledge. Some 'ideas' have been dropped following our reaction to them. Others have progressed to be fully launched.

We expect the FCC to be used for this type of sounding board. You have to accept the judgement of those who are representing you. If not, why not put yourself forward for the FCC next year or join the Trust (if you haven't already) & become active yourself.

As an example, if the vast majority of fans think the club should buy a £5m striker, the Trust would not back the idea. As a shareholder we get a monthly financial status report & therefore have a good handle on the ongoing financial position of the club (which most fans don't). We make a judgement on an issue by issue basis

I would suggest the 19,000 V sheff wed wana give their views, but it depends what the club ask them, as to what they wana say. It is quite possible too, that some just couldnt give their opinion for whatever reason, like me, i didnt even know the questionaire existed, let alone get one to answer. Some just dont think the club will give a flying anyway. Alot of fans have been shat on from a great height, so they`ll just ignore the suits, who they dont consider give a sh!t anyway.

If you are thinking of years past, we can understand your feelings, but that isn't true of the current board & Chief Exec in particular. Through the Trust network we are aware of how many other clubs are ran & very few (if any) Chief Execs or Chairman make themselves readily available to any fan.

That doesn't mean that our Chief Exec will agree with you, but he will listen.

Stating things like "Alot of fans have been shat on from a great height" is easy to claim, but in what way?

60% of 5,982 roughly 3,600 people, out of 19,000 who currently go, 20%. Even if all 19,000 who went saturday expressed their view on catering, do you think more than 50% would like it, i dont. Most dont bother with the catering, most of those that do, dont feel its up to scratch from what i hear, but they have little choice but to use it, YUK!! ;) I would only buy there if i was desperate or drunk..

That is a vast assumption on your part, you are falling into the trap that your view is everybody's. One thing we have learnt from running the Trust is to carefully consider a situation from all angles before making a stance.

Which "suit" at the club, has ever given personal finace where he or she hadnt either receieved it from club funs first and foremost, or has a contract to get it back at such n such a date?..

You are now spouting total bollocks. Their are 40 shareholders, all put money into the club. A few are via businesses, but the vast majority is from their own money. We have met the vast majority of shareholders & some are very proud that a lifetimes work has generated enough money so they can put some money into the club (to help save it) & don't want any return. No dividends have been paid out to shareholders.

We can tell you that some went to great personal financial risk to plough money in, so if they read what you have put it would be deeply insulting. Did you put £10 into the Trust's coffers, & be one of over 3,000 fans who helped save the club?

For information only one of the current board had previously been a director of the club, so had no previous financial gain from the club. Bar the Chief Exec, no board member is paid either, so your comments on getting the money back is plain nonsense.

This is one thing i hate about club spokesman, they say we have lower attendences, and its the same elsewhere. So what, get off ya arses and encourage the one million people living in and around Leicestershire to part company with their hard earned, thats what we pay you to do. Do something, but get our stadium rocking to the tune of more wins.

What way would you encourage fans to get off arses then - what's your magic answer?

Any sound marketing tips you can provide we will gladly suggest to the club!

The board gives the football manager a budget, its his job to get the wins. You cannot build a new squad & expect to be top of the division within weeks.

Sorry can't spend anymore time answering your questions tonight, there are another 19,000 fans to consider!

You're guessing at how many people don't like the catering, but if that many people felt strongly that it was that poor, the club would have noticed long before now.

Whilst I would love to think we, the fans, were running the club, at the end of the day we don't. It is a business. We are not qualified to run a business. The idea of getting a consultative committee together is to run some of those business ideas to the fans and gauge some opinion. In turn we need to be the eyes and ears, and let them know what people are thinking who don't not feel they can approach the club directly. It is not, in the bigger picture, a position of power though.

I can take your views regarding catering on board, I'll make a note, and get it added to the agenda and raise them at the next meeting along with the comments I've already been PM'd with, but when I have to argue against 60% of approx. 6k who are statistically a majority and think things are fine, then you see what we are up against. I would appreciate it if you didn't try and complicate the issues by trying to make out we should be 'bigger' than we actually are, and belittling the fact that some of us are willing to give it a go, the Club included.

Yes im guessing, but its an educated guess, and like i told you, some or alot of people dont complain, because they dont feel they`ll be heard, bit like voting at an election.

Who do you think knows more about how best to run our club, you or any single individual who gets paid to?

So your just a go between. You`ll jot down questions and opinions from fans, give em to the club, then report back? Havnt we already got that?

I would appreciate it if you didnt assume im trying to complicate things :rolleyes: your there for fans to ask you questions, that is what ive done, i feel for the benefit of the fans and future prospects of our club. If you cannot support the fans as wee need to be, then maybe we need someone who can, i hope you can.

The problem i have is that i dont trust all the words and actions of those who get paid to run our club, they naturally have an agenda to earn first and foremost.

I wish you guys all the luck possible, you`ll most certainly need it. Please dont feel accussed of not knowing what to do/how to respond to a question as an attack, its perfectly natural that you may not have an answer. The clubs earners will not give you carte blanche to all the answers, only what they want you to know. I guess deep down you and everyone else knows that.

Firstly - have you ever tried to analyse 19,000 people's opinions? - How long do you think it would take & how much would it cost to do it? - You are being totally unrealistic to expect this.

The survey the club carried out was comprehensive. 15% response is actually quite high for a survey, it is more typically nearer 5%.

The club apparently asked 40,000 opinions. Wasnt difficult for them. Firstly, if they actually did, they asked too many, and not the correct ones. Every business continues to make money on a repeat format strategy, then other things like word of mouth etc. The core consumer are approximately those who attended the sheff wed game. THEY are the clubs priority for repeat business. When you make them happier than happy, they encourage others to follow. Asking some 40,000 individuals (and not someone like me), probably at a time when the core arnt too pleased, is a farcical business strategy. I know many many very fringe "fans", who wait on the words i describe about our team, as to whether they will attend in future.

Its like asking people to buy fuel, when they havnt got a car, 40,000 :rolleyes: we cant even fit them in lol whos running our club?

The club HAVE the core customers in their grasp for 2/3 hours on every second saturday, it doesnt cost much to ask them what they think...

Personally, i think well paid suits are scared to ask, for they feel it could hurt their individual pockets.

If 15% is quite high, we have a desperate need to employ new people to look after the opinions of our fans. I`d like to see dedicated individulas, canvass fans opinion, show them the club care. Ask them, dont send them a glossy bit of paper. Its a bloody joke.

Here are 3 examples

1) We were consulted on the appointment of the next manager following Micky Adams departure. We read all the message boards to gauge fans opinion, researched all the track records of the potential candidiates (& published those details on our website) & gave our views to the club over several conversations. We mentioned Craig Levein's name to the club (we can't say he wasn't already under consideration, we don't know) but we named him after the club had mentioned to us about 30+ candidates.

2) We had given our views about the performance of key individuals within the club to all the clubs Directors over the last 2 years. We made it very clear how fans did not respect Paul Mace & the growing hostility to his marketing methods, while questioning performance over such things as the Pepsi MAx tournament. He has departed

3) The format of the Fans Consultative Commitee matches exactly what the Trust proposed back in June 2003, including availability on match days & publishing photos.

No we haven't got power, but we do have significant influence

Trust decisions are mainly taken by the Trust board (having all been democratically elected by members). On certain key issues we carry out e-mail surveys, in the vast majority of cases to members only, altho we did open a recent one up to all fans via message boards. The results of those surveys we then use as a guide. In the vast majority of cases the survey results have not given a clear cut answer, so the board then has to interpret & make the final decision.

However there are occasions when the Trust board will be asked for a viewpoint by the club on an idea, which will not go to general public knowledge. Some 'ideas' have been dropped following our reaction to them. Others have progressed to be fully launched.

We expect the FCC to be used for this type of sounding board. You have to accept the judgement of those who are representing you. If not, why not put yourself forward for the FCC next year or join the Trust (if you haven't already) & become active yourself.

How strong a view of the fans for craig levein as manager was there, compared to other names mentioned?

Cool, you got rid of that snottingham born paul mace, nice one :) I did see him at the club in july, probably collecting his pencil ;)

I`d suggest you have fan power, judging that you got rid of a paid employee. Its a great start.

May i suggest that after a survey not finding for a clear answer, that you ask again, giving the reason?

Why couldnt you go public on a issue raised by the club directly to you?

I am active here. The football club would not wana listen to me, because i dont feel anyone should have a paid job there. Besides, i do not feel a fans forum will make any major break through, but we live in hope.

Stating things like "Alot of fans have been shat on from a great height" is easy to claim, but in what way?

That is a vast assumption on your part, you are falling into the trap that your view is everybody's.

Their are 40 shareholders, all put money into the club. A few are via businesses, but the vast majority is from their own money. We have met the vast majority of shareholders & some are very proud that a lifetimes work has generated enough money so they can put some money into the club (to help save it) & don't want any return. No dividends have been paid out to shareholders.

We can tell you that some went to great personal financial risk to plough money in, so if they read what you have put it would be deeply insulting.

Did you put £10 into the Trust's coffers, & be one of over 3,000 fans who helped save the club?

What way would you encourage fans to get off arses then - what's your magic answer?

The view i get is that theres a us and them situation. Not all fans feel like that. They feel there the major contributor to the future prospects of the club, and then they make bad decisions and seemingly false promisies, like last season with MA. Sure, they dont have to go, but to alot of fans, its an adiction, and the club know that. I think back to the pleat days, the only reason he was sacked, was because of our protests. The club at the time were quite happy to carry on regardless. I appreciate theres different people there now, but the business cut thraot mentality is still the same, greed.

I cannot speak for everyone, it was an educated guess, pretty much like when you have to make a board decision.

Have you got concreate proof that no dividends have been paid out?

You know i dont mean what i say to be deeply insulting. Im afraid im one of those people who needs proof before believing something, from someone i hardly know. I dont expect to be shown it, but that doesnt mean i should believe it too.

I didnt enter into your trust with money, i didnt feel you had strong enough policies. I did however support the club through administration, both financially and physically.

There is no magic answer, thats a silly question. Looking at the club from the outside in, it seems to me to lower the prices. The more we have encouraging our team, the better chance we have of winning. As ive said, its all about repeat business. Please the hardcore, and they`ll be back for more. Please the fringe, and they`ll want more.

Lush,

Go and speak to Tim Davies in person if you have so many issues. Your what I call a no brainer.

Support your club, you have your chance to speak were you at the last open meeting?

DONT you DARE have a go at LISA.

Shes one of our 12 representatives, who takes her own time iron out any issues that people have.

She is a great voice.

Stop throwing your toys out of your pram! and get on with supporting the club, or support the team down the A6.

**I know you can fight your corner LISA, but Lush get a life!

:thumbup:

Lush,

Go and speak to Tim Davies in person if you have so many issues. Your what I call a no brainer.

Support your club, you have your chance to speak were you at the last open meeting?

Shes one of our 12 representatives, who takes her own time iron out any issues that people have.

She is a great voice.

Stop throwing your toys out of your pram! and get on with supporting the club, or support the team down the A6.

**I know you can fight your corner LISA, but Lush get a life!

:thumbup:

Well Said!

Go and speak to Tim Davies in person if you have so many issues.

What the hell are you onabout, and why are you threatening me. You do know thats behaviour worth a yellow card here ;) or atleast it was until they got rid of the rules :rolleyes:

If i thought talking to tim davies would help city, I`D DO IT.

I didnt "have a go at Lisa", i asked her some questions. It is her new role to receive them :rolleyes:

I wished her good luck, did you read that?

What the hell are you onabout, and why are you threatening me. You do know thats behaviour worth a yellow card here ;) or atleast it was until they got rid of the rules :rolleyes:

If i thought talking to tim davies would help city, I`D DO IT.

I didnt "have a go at Lisa", i asked her some questions. It is her new role to receive them :rolleyes:

I wished her good luck, did you read that?

No, I think its the way you are going about it. Lisa has told you, several times, in no uncertain terms what she can and cannot do as representative and what she does and doesnt know, yet you keep banging on and on. Just give it a rest now, she (and everyone else) knows your concerns.

Lush, you're just a complete mourn-face who hides behind anonymous username. There is absolutely no constructive input coming from your side. All you can do is complain and insult people who really care about the club and its behaviour towards the fans.

Lisa does great work, so does the Foxestrust.

If you have no idea what you're on about (and that is what you generally are), the best idea is not to post anything at all.

Your posts are just so random.

No, I think its the way you are going about it. Lisa has told you, several times, in no uncertain terms what she can and cannot do as representative and what she does and doesnt know, yet you keep banging on and on. Just give it a rest now, she (and everyone else) knows your concerns.

Are you replying to me as poster fox in a box, or katassi? ;)

She didnt tell me several times. She answered a question, and i found holes in her answer, like im finding holes in your statement. hey, make sure you dont keep banging on and on at me ;):rolleyes: give it a rest now, she and everyone else knows your concerns ;)

Archived