Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Music after we Score

The thing is, Leicester fans are reactive not proactive.

They'll respond to what is happening on the picth, so, if the team slack off and look like they can't be bothered for a large part of the match (like yesterday) then the fans will mirror that. Same if the team are looking nervous and/or disjointed, the fans will be nervous or won't get a cohesive chant going. If the team are in command, playing some incisive football and obviously want to score hen the fans react much more positively.

We, as fans, don't seem able (except on a rare few occassions) to be able to get a good chant going during these periods to try to boost the teams confidence. Hopefully that is something that will come back when we start getting a run of good results, the crowd will become more accustomed to singing/chanting and carry this over into the 'quiet' periods.

It won't happen, for a start people won't fork out extra cash to sit in the centre of the Alliance and Leicester stand and will take the Kop as a cheaper,easier option.

All this about getting the singers in the same place, well why hasn't it happened? We've been in the stadium now Three years surely people who want to sing must have identified where the best places are. Theres so much plastic around the ground now though, the previous people i've sat next to in the Kop have just come along because they can't get a ticket at Stamford Bridge, or Highbury. It annoys me that what was once a very well supported club is being turned into a joke, not just at home i've found, but the away match at Hull, we hardly sang at all for what was billed as a massive game with Peter Taylor etc turned out to be very poor from our away following.

So you think we should give up and play music instead, why not go the whole hog and play behind closed doors and let the players pick the music they want to play to. The fact is, that in the longer run the more you play music the more unlikely you are to get everyone singing spontaneously. The club will increasingly have more control over the crowd and we will end up with non-stop syncronised clapping, in fact we're well on our way to that already.

As for everyone being in the same place, listening to people on here and people I know and meet at pubs' every season there seems to be an exchange of fans from the Kop to L1 and visa-versa. Sighting for example the Kop as too quiet and L1 as too chavy/juvenile.

As you say it need some input from the club to generate a nucleus of vocal fans into one area either by ticket pricing, age restrictions or designating it a singing area ( stinks I know) etc.

I understand your frustration at the lack of vocal support but understand mine I don't go to the football to listen to or be manipulated by music and defininately the club/some supporters choice. Like you I want an atmosphere but I want it to be natuaral and spontaneous - improving performances and results may provide an impetus after all it has been on occasion a damn good atmosphere.

So you think we should give up and play music instead, why not go the whole hog and play behind closed doors and let the players pick the music they want to play to. The fact is, that in the longer run the more you play music the more unlikely you are to get everyone singing spontaneously. The club will increasingly have more control over the crowd and we will end up with non-stop syncronised clapping, in fact we're well on our way to that already.

As for everyone being in the same place, listening to people on here and people I know and meet at pubs' every season there seems to be an exchange of fans from the Kop to L1 and visa-versa. Sighting for example the Kop as too quiet and L1 as too chavy/juvenile.

As you say it need some input from the club to generate a nucleus of vocal fans into one area either by ticket pricing, age restrictions or designating it a singing area ( stinks I know) etc.

I understand your frustration at the lack of vocal support but understand mine I don't go to the football to listen to or be manipulated by music and defininately the club/some supporters choice. Like you I want an atmosphere but I want it to be natuaral and spontaneous - improving performances and results may provide an impetus after all it has been on occasion a damn good atmosphere.

Agreed, as a younger fan my opinions and preferences are likely to differ from the older generation of supporters, as much as i'd like it to return to how it was when I first started gracing the Kop end at Filbert Street and standing and singing at will with fellow supporters, todays restrictions arn't going to allow a lot of people to do that. Sadly its how footballs going, Stamford Bridge was once a cauldron of noise now it's like a library (According to my Chelsea mates). Hopefully the club will find other ways of getting a better vocal support from the Crowd and everyone will be happy.

Football fans have changed over the years. There are more people going who are relatively new to the game, and therefore don't know the songs, or don't want to participate. This is what happens when a sport becomes popular.

It shouldn't matter where people are sitting if you ask me. To create a better atmosphere, those who want to sing should be spread out, as the one thing I can't stand to see is one little corner giving their all whilst the rest of the fans are like mannequins. It also gives the non-singers an opportunity to hear the words, perhaps compelling them to join in.

And as Chimpo says, reactive, not proactive.

Well I actually liked the Kasabian tune!

Like the post Horn Gallop, it's unique to us.

And after two home games when it wasn't heard (because we didn't score) I couldn't get enough of it!

By the way it was nice to know that L1 got behind the team yesterday. When will they learn they will always be outsang by a decent away following.

Far better to have all the singers together in one place. And that place should be the Kop!

as i've said before the main problem is that the club deliberatly split the pen 1 and pen 2 up when we moved and now people cant be arsed to relocate their seats, i personally feel we, from next season, should turn the entire Alliance & Leicester stand in to a new "kop". And if the club are truely interested in creating a good atmosphere they would help this to happen

We suggested swapping the A&L & Kop after the first season in the stadium.

Main sticking point from the clubs viewpoint is the number of ST's it would potentially upset.

Obviously the Safety Advisory Group would be another issue.

It would be a good topic for a future Fans Consultative Commitee - for those present to weigh up the pros & cons

Archived