Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bayfox

Ticket sales.

Genuine question.

Infact I'll be honest the wife just asked the question.

With modern day ticket sales for away games essentially.

How does it work when you go down to the ticket office in person. Do you still get tickets there and then. OK seems a strange question. But bear with me.

I have brought online for about 3 years now and you get a map of the ground and can pick any seat. Yes.

So I assume in store they use the same system. Now ok that seems fine.

However once upon a time each till would have a pile of tickets and you got what you could.

So when you are now stood at a till and the guy serving logs onto the same system and sells you then 3 seats next to me that I have at that moment just picked online.

Who has the shit job if shorting through the tickets and handing them too you. Or do they still get posted out the same as online or over the phone.

Every time I go in I just ask for seats in the middle or towards the back. Depending on who you get serving sometimes they say they have to sell rows from the front first.

They then go in the back and bring the tickets out to you.

OK so they do stipulate at times they need to sell you tickets working from font to back etc.

And someone has to sort them to find the seat you just purchased.

Bit of a ball ache.

But I was wondering after the other half put the idea in my head.

When I go and get my away tickets, the person serving just disappears

into the office and comes back with the tickets!

I dont even question whether I can choose where I want,

I just accept what i'm given.

But you do get them, there and then!

When I go and get my away tickets, the person serving just disappears

into the office and comes back with the tickets!

I dont even question whether I can choose where I want,

I just accept what i'm given.

But you do get them, there and then!

See online you can pick any seat. I get they use the same system. But heading out back to find the tickets they just sold you seems a bit of a ball ache. No wonder the service in store is so slow.

Plus in the time someone has served you. 100s of tickets could need removing from the pile via the online system.

I know they can't sell any ticket twice as they use the at system in store. But what a shit job lol.

Yes I have bought them online before, and it is better if you want to choose

where you sit. (stand)

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to the ticket office in the morning or buying online.

I want to be at the front at Stamford Bridge (to be nearer the trophy)

so I think buying online is the way to go!

OK so they do stipulate at times they need to sell you tickets working from font to back etc.

And someone has to sort them to find the seat you just purchased.

Bit of a ball ache.

But I was wondering after the other half put the idea in my head.

Depending who you get serving you they tell you different things. There's a lad called Brad who works there, he's the most helpful so most of the time I just wait for him to serve me.

Stoke away this season I got tickets for row 2, I asked for further back and they said they have to sell front to back. Next day I went in again (fortunately it's on my way work) asked them to swap for the middle and that was fine. Like I said just depends what imbecile you get serving you.

See online you can pick any seat. I get they use the same system. But heading out back to find the tickets they just sold you seems a bit of a ball ache. No wonder the service in store is so slow.

Plus in the time someone has served you. 100s of tickets could need removing from the pile via the online system.

I know they can't sell any ticket twice as they use the at system in store. But what a shit job lol.

away tickets get sent in blocks bundled up and printed on one long strip (if you ever went in to buy home tickets on the day when we still had a separate ticket office booth system you would see they get printed there and then) starting at for example row and and going back from there.

so say you have block a b and c they are all separate bundles of tickets. the reason why some staff say they have to fill from the front is cuz they can't be arsed to go in the back and pull the tickets into one long huge snake and clean it up after just cuz @@Steve_Walsh5 here wants to sit in row P seat 37. 

they allocate the ticket, it reserves on the seetickets software on the till and @@Bayfox sees the seat go orange on his screen at home. the staff member then selects "collection" option on the postage section that pops up and the ticket is then ready to be paid for and it doesn't flag that the ticket still needs to be posted, it will see that the ticket has been bought and they just got wait for the guy tor girl to pick it up (in this case, the dude is in front of them) they take the payment and click "confirm paid" or "confirm booking" and it goes grey for anyone else looking. 

they then nip in the back and grab the ticket and give it you. 

for people booking online they get the guest version of the software on their browser, so they cant do as much as they can in store but they can pick wherever they want as the only other option is to have the "quick seats" option and it will just pick the 2 closest to the pitch and you can end up with webbo sitting in row a of block a but davieG sitting in row c of block D (it's not the smartest of systems)

they then reserve their tickets, do their bookings as usual and then if they chose to get their tickets posted it will still go grey but will go into another list on the staff side of the software called "awaiting postage."

later on in the day (around 3pm) a staff member has the job of getting that list up and getting the tickets organised. they print off all the booking confirmations (that letter that comes with your away tickets) and sees the block, row and seat numbers you need) 

so it sees Bayfox has 5 tickets booked, all block A row F seats 30-35. the person goes through the chain and finds these 5 tickets, they then break them up, remove the appropriate bar codes for concessions if necessary and put them in an envelope and sticks them on a pile. this is where sometimes you can end up with the wrong tickets (like i did in my case for man city away) and then when the fault is spotted they request a reprint from the away ground to be sent next day delivery to them and then pass it on (or ring you, admit the fault and ask you to collect at the stadium)

the pile of envelopes is then ran through the franking machine and sent 2nd class....seriously? we are a bloody premier league club and they cant fork out an extra 21p for 1st class delivery?! 

the tickets turn up and we are all happy!

and now i got to stop writing as the cat is trying to break a door downstairs so i need to boot it up the arse. 

away tickets get sent in blocks bundled up and printed on one long strip (if you ever went in to buy home tickets on the day when we still had a separate ticket office booth system you would see they get printed there and then) starting at for example row and and going back from there.

so say you have block a b and c they are all separate bundles of tickets. the reason why some staff say they have to fill from the front is cuz they can't be arsed to go in the back and pull the tickets into one long huge snake and clean it up after just cuz @@Steve_Walsh5 here wants to sit in row P seat 37.

they allocate the ticket, it reserves on the seetickets software on the till and @@Bayfox sees the seat go orange on his screen at home. the staff member then selects "collection" option on the postage section that pops up and the ticket is then ready to be paid for and it doesn't flag that the ticket still needs to be posted, it will see that the ticket has been bought and they just got wait for the guy tor girl to pick it up (in this case, the dude is in front of them) they take the payment and click "confirm paid" or "confirm booking" and it goes grey for anyone else looking.

for people booking online they get the guest version of the software on their browser, so they cant do as much as they can in store but they can pick wherever they want as the only other option is to have the "quick seats" option and it will just pick the 2 closest to the pitch and you can end up with webbo sitting in row a of block a but davieG sitting in row c of block D (it's not the smartest of systems)

they then reserve their tickets, do their bookings as usual and then if they chose to get their tickets posted it will still go grey but will go into another list on the staff side of the software called "awaiting postage."

later on in the day (around 3pm) a staff member has the job of getting that list up and getting the tickets organised. they print off all the booking confirmations (that letter that comes with your away tickets) and sees the block, row and seat numbers you need)

so it sees Bayfox has 5 tickets booked, all block A row F seats 30-35. the person goes through the chain and finds these 5 tickets, they then break them up, remove the appropriate bar codes for concessions if necessary and put them in an envelope and sticks them on a pile. this is where sometimes you can end up with the wrong tickets (like i did in my case for man city away) and then when the fault is spotted they request a reprint from the away ground to be sent next day delivery to them and then pass it on (or ring you, admit the fault and ask you to collect at the stadium)

the pile of envelopes is then ran through the franking machine and sent 2nd class....seriously? we are a bloody premier league club and they cant fork out an extra 21p for 1st class delivery?!

and now i got to stop writing as the cat is trying to break a door downstairs so i need to boot it up the arse.

I'm not sure I can even be arsed to read all that and have mainly no idea what you are going on about. How can being able to pick any seat. Be more or less than they can do in store.

And as for picking 5 seats in a row. I'm not that compliant.

For Chelsea I will be selecting 2 in lower tier. Adding them to the 10 minute basket. As which point I get they go orange. Coming back out. Selecting 3 on the front row of the upper tier. And 3 half way back before that shitty roof gets in the way.

Now if I go in store and do that. Surely I am causing some poor ****er out back a headache.

No?

But I get the explanation. So no longer do you get a bundle of tickets at each till like back in the day.

Some poor ****er is sat out back. Or numnuts on the till serves you then has to piss off for 5 mins to search through the tickets.

And that's efficiency for you? Fair enough.

Ps apologies I read that back and my tone sounds harsh it wasn't meant to be.

Yes I have bought them online before, and it is better if you want to choose

where you sit. (stand)

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to the ticket office in the morning or buying online.

I want to be at the front at Stamford Bridge (to be nearer the trophy)

so I think buying online is the way to go!

What trophy ?

That will be in Leicester buddy :)

Snugly in the board room since the previous weekend :)

I'm not sure I can even be arsed to read all that and have mainly no idea what you are going on about. How can being able to pick any seat. Be more or less than they can do in store.

And as for picking 5 seats in a row. I'm not that compliant.

For Chelsea I will be selecting 2 in lower tier. Adding them to the 10 minute basket. As which point I get they go orange. Coming back out. Selecting 3 on the front row of the upper tier. And 3 half way back before that shitty roof gets in the way.

Now if I go in store and do that. Surely I am causing some poor ****er out back a headache.

No?

But I get the explanation. So no longer do you get a bundle of tickets at each till like back in the day.

Some poor ****er is sat out back. Or numnuts on the till serves you then has to piss off for 5 mins to search through the tickets.

And that's efficiency for you? Fair enough.

Ps apologies I read that back and my tone sounds harsh it wasn't meant to be.

yeah did seem harsh :( you don't realise how much effort went into writing that! :( 

for your chelsea example i can bet you just get 1 letter with all your tickets in and all of the references on that piece of paper? that shows they printed the letter (using it as a delivery note) and just went through the piles and found your tickets. 

• 3 weeks later...

they allocate the ticket, it reserves on the seetickets software on the till and @@Bayfox sees the seat go orange on his screen at home. the staff member then selects "collection" option on the postage section that pops up and the ticket is then ready to be paid for and it doesn't flag that the ticket still needs to be posted, it will see that the ticket has been bought and they just got wait for the guy tor girl to pick it up (in this case, the dude is in front of them) they take the payment and click "confirm paid" or "confirm booking" and it goes grey for anyone else looking.

How the f**k do u know all that lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Archived