Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lush

CL`s plan?

CL said after the stoke game, that when we were 3-1 up and they were down to 10 men, that he couldnt believe us still being gun hoe for more goals, effectively the game should be won.

Until the sheff wed game, city had conceeded 11 goals in just 6 games.

Recently, sunderland, charlton and birmingham, had produced one shot on target v chelsea.

Im not suggesting for one minute we try and become chelsea right now, but the chelsea of the championship perhaps, hard to beat?

We entered into the cardiff and wolves games trying to stiffle the opposition and their home fans, expecting ourselves to have enough to nick a goal. Ok, that didnt happen, but mdv was very close (maybe SHOULD`VE scored in both games), but weve only conceeded one goal in 3 games now.

We all know that being hard to beat breeds confidence. Maybe if this is what CL is attempting (albeit it dont seem thrillingly entertaining) that it will breed confidence in winning games.

**1-0 to the Leicester, 1-0 to the Leicester**

CL said after the stoke game, that when we were 3-1 up and they were down to 10 men, that he couldnt believe us still being gun hoe for more goals, effectively the game should be won.

Recently, sunderland, charlton and birmingham, had produced one shot on target v chelsea.

Im not suggesting for one minute we try and become chelsea right now, but the chelsea of the championship perhaps, hard to beat?

We entered into the cardiff and wolves games trying to stiffle the opposition and their home fans, expecting ourselves to have enough to nick a goal. Ok, that didnt happen, but mdv was very close (maybe SHOULD`VE scored in both games), but weve only conceeded one goal in 3 games now.

We all know that being hard to beat breeds confidence. Maybe if this is what CL is attempting (albeit it dont seem thrillingly entertaining) that it will breed confidence in winning games.

Bloody hell. Said somewhere else this defensive cancer was endemic.

Now its got hold of Lush.

What happens when it spreads to the bedroom?

Is the fun going to end there too?

I`d rather us win 5-4 than 1-0 Thrach, but we aint going to entertain and win at the drop of a hat. Ok, we could work at it, but for 20 years now football (apart from brazil) has lost all recognition of entertainment unless a team wins, it would take years to get to.

No, im going to give CL the benefit of the doubt. Im going to put my trust in him and his "policy". If i do that, and he fails, i have carte blanche to critisize his efforts, and so will everyone else.

I`d rather us win 1-0 and get promoted, than lose 4-1 win 4-2 draw 0-0 then 2-2 etc.

Question: Do you think we have enough to keep it tight, gain a hard team to beat mentality and sill score goals, or do you think we should just attack?

The missus has no choice in the bedroom, i have plenty of handcuffs and whips lol its all good :)

I`d rather us win 5-4 than 1-0 Thrach, but we aint going to entertain and win at the drop of a hat. Ok, we could work at it, but for 20 years now football (apart from brazil) has lost all recognition of entertainment unless a team wins, it would take years to get to.

No, im going to give CL the benefit of the doubt. Im going to put my trust in him and his "policy". If i do that, and he fails, i have carte blanche to critisize his efforts, and so will everyone else.

I`d rather us win 1-0 and get promoted, than lose 4-1 win 4-2 draw 0-0 then 2-2 etc.

Question: Do you think we have enough to keep it tight, gain a hard team to beat mentality and sill score goals, or do you think we should just attack?

The missus has no choice in the bedroom, i have plenty of handcuffs and whips lol its all good :)

I put it simply Lush. I want to win 3-0 and get promoted. And 4-1 and 3-2 and 6-3.

Has no-one got the nerve to board the "bus" that West Ham use.

I put it simply Lush. I want to win 3-0

Everyone wants that... thing is you have to be realistic!!!!! How many times in our history have we beaten teams 3-0 every week and got promoted? You make it all sound like someone should just click their fingers to make it happen.

Everyone wants that... thing is you have to be realistic!!!!! How many times in our history have we beaten teams 3-0 every week and got promoted? You make it all sound like someone should just click their fingers to make it happen.

Dont even go there, I got moaned at and called a 'merchant of gloom' for being realistic! Realism isnt in Thracians vocab it seems :thumbup:

I put it simply Lush. I want to win 3-0 and get promoted. And 4-1 and 3-2 and 6-3.

Has no-one got the nerve to board the "bus" that West Ham use.

Why do you wana conceed 6 goals in 3 games?

whu could`ve lost 1st game v brfc 3-1, couldnt score against the hopeless nufc defence 0-0, lost at home to bolton 1-2, caught villa on a very bad defensive day 4-0 (even the hopeless harewood scored 3, completely gifted the 3rd from sorenson), villa were one punch from a count of ten at that stage. yes they won at fulham with an amazingly flookey own goal.

Tell me, when do they play man u, chelsea, arsenal, liverpool? infact, next game is arsenal at home, lets see how many they score and conceed. offer me a scoreline, i`ll go for 0-3.

Merchant of gloom!! Ha ha ha ha.... The merchants of gloom are the ones moaning 1000 times a day.

I'm a merchant of chill the feck out.

Precisely! Pots and Kettles spring to mind. Ive never once moaned about CL I merely stated, in not so many words, that we arent going to win every game 5-0 or whatever as you have done and suggested that we werent going to beat Wolves and got that 'title' for my trouble!

Yes and that first paragraph illustrates exactly how Levein's obsessive caution almost let them back into the game, Instead of breaking their hearts by continuing to pour forward we slipped into holding mode and they started to look threatening even with 10 men.

Yes and that first paragraph illustrates exactly how Levein's obsessive caution almost let them back into the game, Instead of breaking their hearts by continuing to pour forward we slipped into holding mode and they started to look threatening even with 10 men.

O'Neill used to put 11 men behind the ball when we were protecting a lead.

Why do you wana conceed 6 goals in 3 games?

whu could`ve lost 1st game v brfc 3-1, couldnt score against the hopeless nufc defence 0-0, lost at home to bolton 1-2, caught villa on a very bad defensive day 4-0 (even the hopeless harewood scored 3, completely gifted the 3rd from sorenson), villa were one punch from a count of ten at that stage. yes they won at fulham with an amazingly flookey own goal.

Tell me, when do they play man u, chelsea, arsenal, liverpool? infact, next game is arsenal at home, lets see how many they score and conceed. offer me a scoreline, i`ll go for 0-3.

Now, now don't go off at a tangent on me.

I've not suggested City should go gung-ho against the Arsenals and Manchester United's of this world with the players we have. I've said there is no-one in the Championship who warrants that sort of respect.

Mind you The Hammers might just as well go for strategic attack against the big boys cos they won't hold em out for a 0-0.

As for conceding goals I accept you're likely to concede more with fewer defenders, What's it matter? We get three points most times and the fans get entertainment all the time.

Thrach, attacking play isnt gun hoe. Gun hoe is unprofessional at 3-1. Dont you think craig wanted us to score another, of course, but at the expense of conceeding, no way.

I think CL`s philosophy is to put the opposition on the back foot, thus your in an attacking mode, and they lose confidence/we gain it, and were not defending for our lives all the time.

Now, now don't go off at a tangent on me.

I've not suggested City should go gung-ho against the Arsenals and Manchester United's of this world with the players we have. I've said there is no-one in the Championship who warrants that sort of respect.

Mind you The Hammers might just as well go for strategic attack against the big boys cos they won't hold em out for a 0-0.

As for conceding goals I accept you're likely to concede more with fewer defenders, What's it matter? We get three points most times and the fans get entertainment all the time.

This is by far the worst post ive read of you. Your usually making alot of sense, but in this one, i see very little.

Archived