Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Head Honcho

Warm Welcome

Adding a different angle to this thread:

The best reception I remember for any visiting X-Leicester player was Steve Claridge (and rightly so IMHO)

I also remember Sav initially got a fairly good reception - But then played for Brum exactly the way he played for us IE Totally committed (a little too much at times), Wound up oposition fans to the max - He also scored for Brum and celebrated his goal - Consequently there was a big backlash against Sav with the majority of Leicester fans saying they now hate him and he ain't welcome at Leicester

Personally I remember what Sav did for this club and I remain a fan of his

Adding a different angle to this thread:

The best reception I remember for any visiting X-Leicester player was Steve Claridge (and rightly so IMHO)

I also remember Sav initially got a fairly good reception - But then played for Brum exactly the way he played for us IE Totally committed (a little too much at times), Wound up oposition fans to the max - He also scored for Brum and celebrated his goal - Consequently there was a big backlash against Sav with the majority of Leicester fans saying they now hate him and he ain't welcome at Leicester

Personally I remember what Sav did for this club and I remain a fan of his

Sav didint score for them that day, if i remember correctly, it was Morrison and Forssell

Who mentioned anything about booing.

Most city fans dont like Forest,fine! I dont like Celtic,whats the problem?

Apologies. Is O'Neill also a Leicester reject ala Lennon then?

Forest is a local derby isn't it? We've never even played Celtic in a competative match.

Sav didint score for them that day, if i remember correctly, it was Morrison and Forssell

Indeed - I stand corrected - Had to go find a match report to confirm it

Sav set up the 2nd goal and ran away to the Brum fans licking the badge on his Brum shirt

Robbie Savage whipped in the ball at pace from the right and Forssell was on hand to head home from 10-yards

Match Report

Archived