Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Head Honcho

Warm Welcome

Somebody on another thread said they would like Birmingham in the next round so he can give Muzzy Izzet a warm welcome.

That got me wondering!Which player would you give a warm welcome to,and which one would be the Leicester Reject ?

For me it would be:

Robbie Savage and Muzzy For a warm welcome and definitely Lennon for Leicester Reject

Somebody on another thread said they would like Birmingham in the next round so he can give Muzzy Izzet a warm welcome.

That got me wondering!Which player would you give a warm welcome to,and which one would be the Leicester Reject ?

For me it would be:

Robbie Savage and Muzzy For a warm welcome and definitely Lennon for Leicester Reject

I think you got the names lennon and savage mixed up..... or at least i hope you did.

For me it would be:

You silly sod.

Lennon was a better midfielder than Savage and Muz.

Why say he's a reject? Ridiculous.

Hello City fans!

I have just been appointed as the Leicester City Correspondent on ESPN's Soccernet web site. I would be interested in your thoughts, opinions etc for articles. If anbody is interested, the link is http://soccernet.espn.go.com/et/corr/corre...e=eng.1&cc=5739. Thanks

I think you got the names lennon and savage mixed up..... or at least i hope you did.

yep I agree. Lennon was a rock for us - and stayed with us as long as could be expected, maybe longer.

savage was a hard worker but I think the fame got to him and he thought he was bigger than the club. The fact that he jumped ship as soon as he could following our relegation confirmation just confirms that.

Muzzy you couldn't really blame - he played his heart out for Leicester and even came off teh transfer list on occasions. Just remember the board had to sell him to cut wages - he was one of the higher paid players and although it would have been great had he stayed on with us, but it would have been costly for the club...

Supedaj, Savage was sold as quickly as possible by the club because of our impending administration and the efforts to pay our debts. True he wanted to play at the highest level, a level he is more than capable of, however, the club were just as happy to sell Savage as he was to play at the top level.

I would give all three of the midfielders mentioned above a warm welcome. Good servants for the club who took us to a level of success we all dream of seeing again.

You silly sod.

Lennon was a better midfielder than Savage and Muz.

Why say he's a reject? Ridiculous.

I never said he wasn't a better Midfielder.

I didn't make my choices on ability.

I picked Savage because i was/am a Savage fan.It's a pity there's no one with the hunger he had,at the club now,not once did i ever see him give less then 100%.

I chose Lennon cause he went to Celtic full stop.

So before you start abusing me get yer facts right first...Cheers

Doh! Forgot about Wise........Probably still be Lennon though.

That defies all logic. Lennon was a vital part of the teams sucess for years on end and one of our best ever players. We also got a lot of money for him.

DW on the other hand never gave a sh*te about the club, didn't try when he played and his law suit tipped the club over the edge into receivership. I gather you don't like Celtic, but that's taking things too far!

Simon

wouldn't waste my time giving wise a bad reception as he plays on a bad reaction from the crowd same as savage but i actually like savage so i wouldn't boo him.

Except Wise i dont particulary hate any former city player i'd give Ade some shit to try and screw his confidence up so he doesn't score a hat trick against us. But i'll give any former leicester player a good reception who comes back to the walkers

yep I agree. Lennon was a rock for us - and stayed with us as long as could be expected, maybe longer.

savage was a hard worker but I think the fame got to him and he thought he was bigger than the club. The fact that he jumped ship as soon as he could following our relegation confirmation just confirms that.

Muzzy you couldn't really blame - he played his heart out for Leicester and even came off teh transfer list on occasions. Just remember the board had to sell him to cut wages - he was one of the higher paid players and although it would have been great had he stayed on with us, but it would have been costly for the club...

I started this thread with somewhat tongue in cheek but it seems some members have taken it much too seriously.

They are obviously much too young to remember the day's when every visiting ex-player would be greeted with the chant "Leicester Reject Leicester Reject" Even Lineker got the treatment on his return,he saw the funny side as we all did.It's a pity you boy's can't.

I never said he wasn't a better Midfielder.

I didn't make my choices on ability.

I picked Savage because i was/am a Savage fan.It's a pity there's no one with the hunger he had,at the club now,not once did i ever see him give less then 100%.

I chose Lennon cause he went to Celtic full stop.

So before you start abusing me get yer facts right first...Cheers

That makes it worse.

Why has a Leicester fan got something against Celtic?

Would you boo Mr O'Neill too then?

Archived