Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

Steve Walsh

Having just re-read SW's biography HERE THERE AND EVERYWHERE for about the ninth time, I have to express that he is my favourite player to have ever pulled on a city shirt and perhaps embodies everything that we're missing at the moment.

Passion, determination, ruthless efficiency and goals.

Having just re-read SW's biography HERE THERE AND EVERYWHERE for about the ninth time, I have to express that he is my favourite player to have ever pulled on a city shirt and perhaps embodies everything that we're missing at the moment.

I'd follow suit - But I don't read - Scrap that idea then :ph34r:

You're probably too young to have had the chance to judge Walshie alongside some of City's other greats (Ian King was probably the best post-War centre-half to have played for City and David Gibson was held in awe by all who watched him) but, yes, "favourite" player is a tag he might wear alongside anyone.

He is JUST the kind of talisman leader we could do with on the pitch right now though he was in some cracking good company, character wise, at the time.

Maybe it's early days but City seem to lack characters as such - and it shows particularly at free#kicks and corners.

MON's boys fairly terrorised defences from set pieces and that includes Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool. It really was a feature when they launched the stormtroopers but today's team is a different drummer and maybe it will emerge to have its own character, lead by its own favourites.

Can't see a Walshie there though...

I am looking forward to hopefully seeing him manager of this club 1 day

Nah, he's more suited to the Birch role. Come on at HT and cheer up the crowd. Hanging around the training ground joking with the players, getting to know their families, their wives.......

:o:ph34r::P

Archived