Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jonbluefox9

Just a little statistic

The team that started for us today had made 206 starts for Leicester City, prior to today, between them. Joey Gudjonsson and Dion Dublin were joint top interms of most starts for the club with 43 each, which is less than the number of league games in a Championship season. Four of the players that started today have played less than 10 games for Leicester City. The back five excluding Dublin and Maybury because he wasn't on long enough, had started 43 games between the four of them (Kisnorbo, Johansson, McCarthy, Douglas). The strikers had started 20 games although one was making his first start.

I dont think he was making a point, It was just some strats But It does hoghlight how little time the players have had to jel together.

Or did it also highlight how the same players tend to be chosen (as starting 11)?

That's why I was asking...

It was to highlight the length of time the squad has been together step. The turn around of players as we all know has been massive over the last few seasons and I'm sure it can't be easy for the team. I see defensive errors which have absolutely nothing to do with what Levein has told them to do or the tactics he's decided to play with. Shoddy back passes from Dublin and McCarthy falling short and causing mayhem at the back. Full backs picking the ball up with space infront of them and just launching the ball over the top. Before Maybury was sent off he had about three touches of the ball and everytime he launched it over the top and lacked composure. I am sure Levein didn't tell him to look long everytime. I also think the midfielders ignored their positions a lot of the time. When we did have the ball at the back there seemed like we had no midfield. That maybe a reason why the defenders were looking long all the time. One of the most annoying things though is when three players from the same team all go up to win the same ball in the air. That tells me they're still on different wavelengths or they're just not communicating. For me there's too many quiet players out there.

And for the people saying "another fact is we lost 2-1", well another fact is we were down to ten men for most of the game and imo we matched QPR.

It was to highlight the length of time the squad has been together step. The turn around of players as we all know has been massive over the last few seasons and I'm sure it can't be easy for the team. I see defensive errors which have absolutely nothing to do with what Levein has told them to do or the tactics he's decided to play with. Shoddy back passes from Dublin and McCarthy falling short and causing mayhem at the back. Full backs picking the ball up with space infront of them and just launching the ball over the top. Before Maybury was sent off he had about three touches of the ball and everytime he launched it over the top and lacked composure. I am sure Levein didn't tell him to look long everytime. I also think the midfielders ignored their positions a lot of the time. When we did have the ball at the back there seemed like we had no midfield. That maybe a reason why the defenders were looking long all the time. One of the most annoying things though is when three players from the same team all go up to win the same ball in the air. That tells me they're still on different wavelengths or they're just not communicating. For me there's too many quiet players out there.

And for the people saying "another fact is we lost 2-1", well another fact is we were down to ten men for most of the game and imo we matched QPR.

and another fact is that wehad chances to win the game.

Players won't clock up many appearances if Levein doesn't stick with a settled side. After 10 games, Levein should be fielding a side that he believes is his best. (injuries permitting) How many different line ups and combinations have we seen this season?

The stats do highlight the number of new players we have, so of course it will take time for the team to gel. However, even when we do start to 'click', I don't think we have the ability to score enough goals to rise above mid table mediocrity. The defence and midfield don't seem capable of scoring often enough. de Vries is not a natural goal scorer, more of a retention and lay off player. Hammond has never proved himself. (and scored his first ever English competitive goal yesterday, about bloody time) Hume has never played at this level, and while he looked promising yesterday, does he have the ability to score the goals required? It remains to be seem, but I'm not confident.

Defending and attacking set pieces is also a bastard. Levein has been here for nearly a year and still not sorted it out.

Players won't clock up many appearances if Levein doesn't stick with a settled side. After 10 games, Levein should be fielding a side that he believes is his best. (injuries permitting) How many different line ups and combinations have we seen this season?

The stats do highlight the number of new players we have, so of course it will take time for the team to gel. However, even when we do start to 'click', I don't think we have the ability to score enough goals to rise above mid table mediocrity. The defence and midfield don't seem capable of scoring often enough. de Vries is not a natural goal scorer, more of a retention and lay off player. Hammond has never proved himself. (and scored his first ever English competitive goal yesterday, about bloody time) Hume has never played at this level, and while he looked promising yesterday, does he have the ability to score the goals required? It remains to be seem, but I'm not confident.

Defending and attacking set pieces is also a bastard. Levein has been here for nearly a year and still not sorted it out.

Too right! Remember in the premiership when we got relegated? Everyone was saying how good we were at set pieces and that whenever we got one, we looked like scoring?

Not nomore :( <_< :mad:

I think it's a valid set of stats as it shows that we haven't got a core to the team that has survived the changes, it is a preety new team front to back.

Nobody is arguing that the way we are playing is not geood enough, but we do need to bear in mind that the squad we have now are on massively less money that they were when CL arrived and as a part of this cost-cutting virtually all of the senior pros have depatrted, hence CL is almost starting from scratch.

One key difference rom the MA era is that MA bought for the short term (due to circumstances) so most of the players he bought were as good as they were going to get.

We now have a young cost-effective squad that will improve over time.

I wish we had a settled line-up and I wish the performances were better, but I am reconciled to the fact that it could take a while before we get the best line up settled and a while after that before it gels together.

I am amazed at all the CL out talk on this board, the last thing we need is another manager and another quick fix.

Simon

I think it's a valid set of stats as it shows that we haven't got a core to the team that has survived the changes, it is a preety new team front to back.

Nobody is arguing that the way we are playing is not geood enough, but we do need to bear in mind that the squad we have now are on massively less money that they were when CL arrived and as a part of this cost-cutting virtually all of the senior pros have depatrted, hence CL is almost starting from scratch.

One key difference rom the MA era is that MA bought for the short term (due to circumstances) so most of the players he bought were as good as they were going to get.

We now have a young cost-effective squad that will improve over time.

I wish we had a settled line-up and I wish the performances were better, but I am reconciled to the fact that it could take a while before we get the best line up settled and a while after that before it gels together.

I am amazed at all the CL out talk on this board, the last thing we need is another manager and another quick fix.

Simon

Agree with that.

Archived