Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BruinFox

Minutes Silence

34 minutes ago, DB11 said:

Not diversity? Really? Our ancestors fought in the war for freedom and so we could express ourselves. Not diversity is what Hitler was trying to impose. Very narrow minded comment 

When you have clubs competing to put on a bigger spectacle than others that misses the point of the occassion in my view - a short, calm service is more appropriate. I also think that everyone doing the same thing is more meaningful, having many varied approaches would mean they're all a bit disunited which again doesn't fit the occassion for me.

Your reference to Hitler is beyond ridiculous, to the point where I'm not sure you mean it sincerely. There are many examples in life where people doing the same thing is more effective than people doing different things, and none of them would be seen as restrictive or authoritarian.

8 hours ago, Harry - LCFC said:

When you have clubs competing to put on a bigger spectacle than others that misses the point of the occassion in my view - a short, calm service is more appropriate. I also think that everyone doing the same thing is more meaningful, having many varied approaches would mean they're all a bit disunited which again doesn't fit the occassion for me.

Your reference to Hitler is beyond ridiculous, to the point where I'm not sure you mean it sincerely. There are many examples in life where people doing the same thing is more effective than people doing different things, and none of them would be seen as restrictive or authoritarian.

Well I was referring to the last World War so not really 

The noise I heard was made by a handful of Albion fans singing down in the concourse unaware of events taking place on the pitch. All Albion fans taking their seats respected the silence immaculately and those near the entrance were shushing the revellers down below, who then fell silent. We respect silences wherever we go. Judging by the posts above it seems like this a recurring problem which could be simply remedied by making sure there is an announcement on the concourses preparing people for the silence. 

On 07/11/2016 at 17:21, Voll Blau said:

Odd thing to put...

Sorry, I wasn't being political. I said 'lefties' because there are a few left-leaning groups that I know of who have expressed discomfort with the poppy in the past. But it was just a throwaway line, I wouldn't normally refer to lefties as lefties!

Archived