Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Shoot on sight....

The problem we have is obviously that we're not scoring enough goals !! There have been certain games this season that when we've got into an excellent opportunity to shoot - with sight at goal - the players have passed and not had an effort.

It appears as though confidence is the key, but we should learn to know that when the goal is within sight, it's better to have a go than not at all !!!

I know we couldn't afford him but one striker I believe is fantastic at doing this is Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, who doesn't appear to care if he misses - possibly because he feels that he will score next time.

And for gawds sake lads......

SHOOT !!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem we have is obviously that we're not scoring enough goals !! There have been certain games this season that when we've got into an excellent opportunity to shoot - with sight at goal - the players have passed and not had an effort.

It appears as though confidence is the key, but we should learn to know that when the goal is within sight, it's better to have a go than not at all !!!

I know we couldn't afford him but one striker I believe is fantastic at doing this is Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, who doesn't appear to care if he misses - possibly because he feels that he will score next time.

And for gawds sake lads......

SHOOT !!!!!!!!!!!!

There do seam to be scared of having a go

There do seam to be scared of having a go

In a way you can understand it with Levein's selection policy. People play well and he's still likelyu to drop them or leave em on the bench (which amounts to the same thing).

Sheehan, Spearman, Hammond, Hume have all suffered from this. Were I a Levein player I'd wouldn't have a clue how to please him except, perhaps, to carry on like Tiatto.

i c wot u mean but hughes, stearman both had cracking shots just wide in the 1st half against brighton from outside the area. joey had 1 in the second half which the keeper had to parry away. but hume + hammond + de vries seem to be scared to shoot. i saw tiatto had a 30 yarder saved against derby. the only long range effort i remember de vries having was against forest at the walkers, and that was in like...march?!! it went just wide but it was agood shot.

i c wot u mean but hughes, stearman both had cracking shots just wide in the 1st half against brighton from outside the area. joey had 1 in the second half which the keeper had to parry away. but hume + hammond + de vries seem to be scared to shoot. i saw tiatto had a 30 yarder saved against derby. the only long range effort i remember de vries having was against forest at the walkers, and that was in like...march?!! it went just wide but it was agood shot.

surely his first goal against Blackpool the other week was long distance as it was a good 30yards out

true enough but it was hardly a rasping drive that just seems to rise and rise untill it hits the roof of the net and the KOP go wild. it was a 30 yard lob with the goalie nowhere near his goal. a bit like Ricardo Fuller vs sheep shaggers. 40 yard lob cos lee camp was off his line, nominated for goal of the month of "the championship". tbh i think there having a laugh there were much better, anybody could lob lee camp from 40 yards. it was hardly like leroy litas overhead kick. i want some smashing goals at the walkers like connollys last yr against preston.

I agree but the problem is as soon as the players start having a shot from distance, the fans have a go again. Joey G is a prime example of this, he is always prepared to have a go from distance, but because he is rarely on target the fans have a go at him for it.

true enough but it was hardly a rasping drive that just seems to rise and rise untill it hits the roof of the net and the KOP go wild. it was a 30 yard lob with the goalie nowhere near his goal. a bit like Ricardo Fuller vs sheep shaggers. 40 yard lob cos lee camp was off his line, nominated for goal of the month of "the championship". tbh i think there having a laugh there were much better, anybody could lob lee camp from 40 yards. it was hardly like leroy litas overhead kick. i want some smashing goals at the walkers like connollys last yr against preston.

Agreed. There's never any really good goals at the Walkers, not recently anyway. Sidwell's for Reading last year was probably the best of the season at the WS. ;)

In a way you can understand it with Levein's selection policy. People play well and he's still likelyu to drop them or leave em on the bench (which amounts to the same thing).

Sheehan, Spearman, Hammond, Hume have all suffered from this. Were I a Levein player I'd wouldn't have a clue how to please him except, perhaps, to carry on like Tiatto.

if i was CL then i would play a spearman in defence all the time :huh:;)

Archived