Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Ryan Smith

The rule is:

(e) PLAYERS SENT OFF UNDER LAW 12 (1), (2) and (3)

A player who is dismissed from the Field of play for Violent Conduct, Serious Foul Play or spitting at an opponent or any other person whether he has previously been cautioned in the match or not, will be suspended automatically from all domestic League, League Cup, FA Challenge Cup, FA Challenge Trophy, LDV Vans Trophy, Play - off matches and all Non First Team Matches commencing on the 14th day following the match in which he was sent off and until such time as his Club's recognised First Team has completed three matches in approved Competitions during the period covered by its opening match in The FA Premier League, The Football League and The Football Conference (National) and ending with the final match in which the Club is playing in a domestic Competition organised by The Football Association or The FA Premier League.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/Pr...02/09/24876.htm

It's a shame the cup game isn't sooner as he's not going to play in that anyway. As it's not it's more like he's suspended for four games.

The rule is:

It's a shame the cup game isn't sooner as he's not going to play in that anyway. As it's not it's more like he's suspended for four games.

Surely tonight's reserve game should count though? Or if it doesn't, does that mean he could play in the reserves for us tonight?

I read the report from the game he got sent off in and it seemed very harsh, it's a shame Arsenal didn't appeal but I suppose if it only effects first team football and not the reserves that there wasn't much point for them.

It's a mockery

I like your thinking, but he's banned for 3 league games. I imagine Arsenal won't have 3 league games any quicker than we have. If he had to serve them at Arsenal it would probably be November by the time he'd served it.

I can't believe that if you get sent off in a reserve game you serve your ban in the league. Does that mean he can play in the reserves for us tonight? If not then it should count as one match of hsi three match ban and then he'll be back for the Cov league game.

How about we use his ban up for the following:

oct 15 city v watford

oct 18 city v bunley

then technically send him back for

oct 22 arsol v man city

then re-sign him straight after the game for

oct 23 city v cov

How about we use his ban up for the following:

oct 15 city v watford

oct 18 city v bunley

then technically send him back for

oct 22 arsol v man city

then re-sign him straight after the game for

oct 23 city v cov

That would be sweet, but i've got a feeling we wouldn't be allowed to do that. I'm sure Levein would have been made aware of it if we could. I personally think tonight's reserve game should count towards his supsension, if not then he should play as i'd go down and watch the wizard with pleasure.

If reserve games counted, not many would serve a first team full ban.

For instance, maybury would`ve been allowed to play the HR V derby, and we`d have won the game, instead joey f`d up.

:D

What I meant was if you get sent off in a reserve match then reserve matches should be allowed to be used as part of the suspension, infact the first team shouldn't come in to it.

I find it pathetic. Smudger has got to play against Cov, he'd rip Heath and Impey to pieces.

Oh right, he got sent off in a reserve game. Yes, he should serve his ban for 3 reserve games only.

Having said that and being devils advocate, if your naughty and cant play reserve games, how can you deserve a first team place...your sort of not worthy.

Still, he`ll enlighten our youngsters in the reserves.

Oh right, he got sent off in a reserve game. Yes, he should serve his ban for 3 reserve games only.

Having said that and being devils advocate, if your naughty and cant play reserve games, how can you deserve a first team place...your sort of not worthy.

Still, he`ll enlighten our youngsters in the reserves.

Apparently it shouldn't have been a straight red anyway and Arsenal didn't appeal because they probably didn't think he'd be playing first team football within the near future anyway. I reckon had they known, they would have appealed and it might have been rescined (spelling)

Archived