Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Reserves tonight

Anyone going to the reserves match at Rugby tonight and, if so, do you know how to get to the ground?

Sadly I cannot give you directions, :(:huh: , but there is this from the OS. ;):thumbup:

Gerrbrand Set To Take On Sky Blues

Patrik Gerrbrand has been named in the Leicester City reserve team line up to take on Coventry City at Rugby Town on Tuesday night (7pm).

Gerrbrand completed his comeback from an ankle injury when he was introduced as a halt-time substitute in Leicester's 1-1 draw with Derby County at Pride Park on Saturday.

And now the big Swedish defender will be hoping to get further match minutes under his belt as the City second string take on the Sky Blues.

Fellow first team squad member Joe Hamill is also named in the squad as the Foxes look to build on last week's 2-2 draw with West Ham.

Louis Dodds, who bagged a hat-trick of the under 18s against MK Dons at the weekend, will be partnered in attack by England under 16 international Ashley Chambers.

City: Conrad Logan, Liam Norval, Joe Mattock, Scott Lycett, Patrik Gerrbrand, Adam Wykes, Joe Hamill, Tommy Tejan-sie, Louis Dodds, Ashley Chambers, Ricky Muggleton

Subs: Matt Goodwin, Carl Pentley, Max Gradel, Andy King, Eric Odhiambo.

Cancel that I have found directions. :D:D;):thumbup:

Ground Address

Butlin Road

Rugby

Warwickshire

CV21 3SD

Directions To Butlin Road

Exit the M6, Junction 1 (or M1, Junction 19), and follow signs towards Rugby (first exit on the roundabout). Then go straight over the next two roundabouts until you come to a main ‘Mr Kipling’ Roundabout. Take the first exit on the roundabout, which follows downhill to a mini-roundabout, where you should carry straight on.

You should come past housing on both sides of the road before a large field, however, you should continue along this road (Boughton Road/Butlers Leap) until you come to its end at a T-Junction.

Turn right here, and continue up the hill past the golf course on the left and take the second left turning, which is at a mini roundabout (Butlin Road). Carry on down here until you come to cemetery gates when you should take a left turn at the top of the road and then a quick right, but the ground will be in view already.

Source

What i'd like to know is where's James Graham and Jay Smedley, both seem to have disappeared in the past few months.

I wonder why Chambers isn't off on international duty? I imagine Magunda and Porter are that's why their not in the ressies.

I wish I could go tonight, bit busy though.

Cheer 'em on for me Thracian

What i'd like to know is where's James Graham and Jay Smedley, both seem to have disappeared in the past few months.

I wonder why Chambers isn't off on international duty? I imagine Magunda and Porter are that's why their not in the ressies.

Smedley and Graham must be injured. :(:unsure::huh:

Can't get after all. Had two motors break down in one day, can you believe. Second one simple requirement - new plug leads, supplier a) sends wrong ones, b) declares it doesn't, after all, stock the right ones.

Result: Into a second day off the road, just over something simple because nowadays every part you ever get has to be supplied through people who've never got em and have to order them from someone either miles away or who cannot see the part they are trying to replace.

Yes, everyone has computers but if you input the wrong information which seems to be very easy, then you get the wrong thing.

Nor can you get the bits from a scrapyard like you used to. Result, lots of wasted time and frustration.

Can't believe I'm missing the Reserves over a set of plug leads.

Lost 2-0. :(:huh::unsure: <_< From the OS. ;):thumbup:

Young Foxes Fall to Coventry

A youthful Leicester City reserve line up went down 2-0 at the hands of Coventry City at Rugby Town FC on Tuesday night.

The Leicester side contained just two players with Championship experience, while youngsters Joe Mattocks and Tommy Tejan-sie both made their first starts for the second string on the night.

The Foxes had a golden opportunity to take the lead with the game goalless during the opening period of the contest, but 15-year-old striker Ashley Chambers was unlucky not to hit the target with his shot from close range.

Coventry then took control of the contest and gained the lead, but Chambers could count himself unlucky not to equalise when he saw his 25-yard drive come back of the crossbar.

Coventry would extend their lead before the break, and although Leicester put in an improved performance in the second period they would be unable to breakdown the home side's defence.

Speaking after the game, reserve team coach Kenny Black said: "After a poor first half we have come out in the second period and done well.

"We struggled in defence in the opening period of the game, but the lads have put in a better performance in the second half.

"From a first team point of view, both Patrik Gerrbrand and Joe Hamill came through the full 90 minutes which is good news. That will keep them ticking over.

"We had a couple of young lads making their debuts for the reserve team on the night and they will learn a lot from the game. It's a steep learning curve for these boys and they must now prove to us that they can bounce back from results such as these."

City: Conrad Logan, Liam Norval, Joe Mattock, Scott Lycett, Patrik Gerrbrand, Adam Wykes (Eric Odhiambo 70), Joe Hamill, Tommy Tejan-sie (Ricky Muggleton 65), Louis Dodds, Ashley Chambers (Max Gradel 80), Levi Porter.

Subs not used: Matt Goodwin, Carl Pentley.

Unlucky lads! We must be about bottom of the league in the reserves, but it doesn't surprise me considering the size of our first team squad.

Chambers sounded lively again, unlucky with a 25 yard ripper by the sounds of it. He's still scored 2 goals in 4 starts for the ressies and one of those he was subbed after a few minutes because Henderson was sent off.

Report From Bruin off of Fox Fazine

went to Rugby on Tuesday. Missed the first 10 minutes. (Thought I'd missed 20 till Cov scored the first, and the PA annoucer timed it at 14 mins.)

Not a great deal to report really. It was one of those games where there was much urgency in the on-field talking, but little in the play.

City were listless in the first 45, though they did have a quarter hour spell where they knocked the ball around without actually threatening much, but one got the feeling that Cov being 2-0 up at this stage had decided to conserve energy for the second half.

For the record,Cov's first goal was the result of quick and tidy midfield passing culminating in a somewhat special 25 yarder on the turn. The second was more typical of the Sky Blues and even more reminiscent of City's first team, coming as it did from a goalmouth scramble after the defence failed to deal with a corner kick.

City were a lot brighter in the second half - they could hardly have been more lethargic - probably having the edge in possession and play. They were though perhaps second best in performance, organisation and experience on the night.

Lacklustre then.

Departmentally this lot mirror their seniors with defenders who are strangers; anonymous in midfield and impotent up front.

Conrad Logan: Vocal; half a dozen good - excellent saves.

Liam Norvel: Played right back in this game having swapped with Scott Lycett from the last time I saw them - Lycett is better in both positions.

Patrik Gerrbrand: Star of the night; second look at him having seen him at Bury. I was impressed that night and I'm impressed now. Get this bloke in the first team quick Craig. I said QUICK!

Scott Lycett: Organised the defence well; got better as the game went on. Dunno if the swap was an experiment or not, but I've only ever seen him at right back before.

Joe Mattock: Promising; v young and came through well; offerred copious words of advice from teammates but played his own game to the benefit of the side. Like it.

Joe Hamill: Wtf? On a par with his namesake.

Adam Wykes: Got to toughen his act up; he and TT below were like a pair of swing doors - Cov piled through at will.

Tommy Tejan-sie: See above; only a nipper though, so we'll reserve judgement.

Levi Porter: Mmmm! If he's gonna make it he'd better start showing his paces sharpish.

Louis Dodds: Versatile; nice footballer; short for a striker, but he dropped back into m/f for final third to accommodate Muggleton and that's when City began to up the ante; worth a punt this lad.

Ashley Chambers: Hit the bar with a long-range effort but other than that needs to keep focussing; good prospect nonetheless.

Subs:

Ricky Muggleton: Tried both as m/f then striker; what's he like as a defender I wonder? Beautiful high knees in the warm up though.

Eric Odihambo / Max Gradel: Didn't have long enough to show. Both ran around energetically but expecting them to get into the game at a late stage when the m/f had not shown all evening is asking a little too much.

That all right for ya Dawg?

BLUE ARMY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived