Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MarkDeVirus

Mental Health Piece

Just written a piece relating to the comments made by Piers Morgan the other night. As it's Mental Health Awareness week, I've tried to be pretty open and honest so would appreciate anyone who has a spare moment, giving it a read. Cheers

https://danteclarkeblog.wordpress.com/2017/05/11/piers-morgan-medieval-views-are-wrong-be-open-and-discuss-mental-health/

Great piece mate. I completely agree.

I've been suffering for the past 2 years but have finally seeked help recently after some advice on another great thread here  https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/104745-depression/

It makes my blood boil with Piers Morgan. He's a clown in general but you would think they'd be sensitive to certain areas.

With such a following, what may seem like a cheap comment to gage a reaction, the impact that could have on vulnerable people suffering is dangerous and that's completely inconsiderate of him.

It's encouraging to see more celebrities coming out recently though, hopefully that can help change the stigma in time.

The problem is there are people I have spoken to who simply don't "get" it and often they won't know the extent to our problems until they've faced them. Myself included, I didn't know a lot about mental health until I feared something was up.

Some sort of support system or awareness academically from a young age is a great idea you mentioned. I would love to have had the opportunity and I hope my kids will

52 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Great piece mate. I completely agree.

I've been suffering for the past 2 years but have finally seeked help recently after some advice on another great thread here  https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/104745-depression/

It makes my blood boil with Piers Morgan. He's a clown in general but you would think they'd be sensitive to certain areas.

With such a following, what may seem like a cheap comment to gage a reaction, the impact that could have on vulnerable people suffering is dangerous and that's completely inconsiderate of him.

It's encouraging to see more celebrities coming out recently though, hopefully that can help change the stigma in time.

The problem is there are people I have spoken to who simply don't "get" it and often they won't know the extent to our problems until they've faced them. Myself included, I didn't know a lot about mental health until I feared something was up.

Some sort of support system or awareness academically from a young age is a great idea you mentioned. I would love to have had the opportunity and I hope my kids will

Thanks pal, you've definitely done the right thing in seeking help. Very brave of you. I bottled it up for a number of years and my mental state only worsened because of it.

Regarding Piers Morgan, you'd think he'd use his position in a positive way in relation to mental health stigma, but obviously not.

Exactly, it shows that it has no bearing on wealth or occupation and it can affect literally anyone. Completely agree with you on academic support system/awareness, one of the reasons why I chose not to open up.

Think there's a real problem at education, and you can understand why young people decide to keep it to themselves, I certainly portrayed it as a weakness. There's compulsory physical education from primary ed', you're taught to eat healthily and stay active, but there's an ignorance and very little awareness towards mental health when it's just as important.

Feel free to message me anytime if you want a chat.

6 hours ago, MarkDeVirus said:

Just written a piece relating to the comments made by Piers Morgan the other night. As it's Mental Health Awareness week, I've tried to be pretty open and honest so would appreciate anyone who has a spare moment, giving it a read. Cheers

https://danteclarkeblog.wordpress.com/2017/05/11/piers-morgan-medieval-views-are-wrong-be-open-and-discuss-mental-health/

Great piece mate. Good on ya for writing it and for raising awareness :thumbup:

Excellent piece there pal. Piers Morgan is a cvnt... always has been, always will. Nothing wrong in seeking help rather than 'manning up' as Morgan put it. Hopefully people will disregard his comments and seek the help they need.

Archived