Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
joachim1965

neo natal death support

Hi all, 

On monday 16th May 2016 a truly amazing thing happened, I got to watch my beloved Leicester City show off the Premier League trophy. 

As I stood on London Road and watched the bus go by I was filled with an immense feeling of pride, but sadly this was not the only emotion I was feeling as this day will always be remembered by me for something totally different.

In the early hours of Monday my grandaughter was born prematurely at 22 weeks and although she was perfect in every way her lungs were just too underdeveloped and she sadly passed away shortly after she was born. Her name was Daisy.

As you can imagine everyone concerned was absolutely devastated.

When something like this happens , parents and relatives are at a loss as to what to do next because as hard as it is there are practical things that need to be sorted. 

Sands (still born and neo natal death support) are a fabulous charity that provide information and support for bereaved parents , they also provide counselling free of charge , provide rooms in local hospitals and fund research into the cause of neo natal death.

On sunday 10th September my wife and I will be taking part in the Great North Run in memory of Daisy and will be raising money for Sands.

I have set up a fundraising page which is www.justgiving.com/Ricky-kent1 please feel free to donate if you wish, I only have a modest target, but the more the better.

Cheers.

That's tough mate, what a terrible thing to happen to you all. Great to see you're raising money for such a great cause.

Good luck with the run. Just a small token donation from me to help you on your way to your target.

Izzy.

Sorry to hear that, it sounds unimaginable to have gone through, particularly for the parents of course. 

Good luck with Great North Run, I've done it the past couple of years and it's such an incredible event. Seeing all the wonderful charities taking part and such huge crowds is always emotional. The last mile is fantastic too, going downhill towards the beach and along the seafront in front of thousands of people and the red arrows is an experience that lasts with you. 

I will do my best to remember to donate when home later! 

Good luck with the run.  SANDS are a fantastic charity.  They supported me after my 8 month old son passed away in the neo natal unit.  

These times are hard but its fantastic to see that you have inner strength to raise money in memory of Daisy.  

Sad news indeed...  good luck with run and well done on making creating a positive outcome from a desperately sad situation...  I've lobbed a small amount in to help you on your way

all the best,

Ben

Archived