Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scow

Mawene

Micky Adams is keen to hand trialist Youl Mawene a tougher test before making a decision on his future.

Mawene has been training with City and played the 90 minutes against FC Espoo in Finland on Tuesday.

Adams was impressed with what he saw as City won 3-0, but the City manager wants to see the Frenchman against some tougher opposition before he decides whether to offer the former Derby County defender a longer-term deal.

Director of football Dave Bassett said tomorrow's friendly at Barnsley could provide the perfect test. "Youl did very well in Finland, but Micky wants to give him a tougher test," he said.

Source - http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/scripts/news/...ls.asp?id=15065

Let's hope he does impress against Barnsley. He would be a great addition to the squad. If Elliott is out for the start of the season, then Mawene would provide able cover for him.

Sign him up twat. He didnt give the likes of Pressman, Hignett, Gillespie any tough tests he just went straight for them. Stop panicing about his age and sign him, simple as that.

egsacilly, its crazy, why does he sign hignett, and not a player of the year last seaosn? idiot

People seem to be getting all excited about him as he is a young player, but after watching him today I think Dabizas will do just as good a job if not better.

How many of you have watched him play?

See's him play once and its another fantastic spot on judgement, who can argue with that?

Hmm some odd things being posted  <_<

I making an opinion based on 1 game, he may of had a poor game today. But people are raving about him because he is a young defender and won Derby's player of the year yet I bet most haven't seen him play, but if he was 10 years younger you wouldn't wanna know.

See's him play once and its another fantastic spot on judgement, who can argue with that?

Hmm some odd things being posted  <_<

I making an opinion based on 1 game, he may of had a poor game today. But people are raving about him because he is a young defender and won Derby's player of the year yet I bet most haven't seen him play, but if he was 10 years younger you wouldn't wanna know.

I've seen him play for Derby 3 or 4 times - Impressed me everytime I've seen him play. Friendlies are not the best way to judge a player, hardly competitive. :rolleyes:

he has got to be better than heath , so as stearman .....heath is not aggresive enough to play centre half

Bobby Moore was hardly aggresive and he was arguably the best centre half that there's ever been ;)

he has got to be better than heath , so as stearman .....heath is not aggresive enough to play centre half

Bobby Moore was hardly aggresive and he was arguably the best centre half that there's ever been ;)

People say Heaths gonna be great, i'll give him some more time cos hes young, but everytime i see him, never impressed, nervous, and terrible distribution, but i'll give him a chance to prove him sen.

You would expect his distribution to be better as I'm sure he started off as a midfielder. He's never really had a good run in the 1st team when it has been winning. Let's see how he develops this season, fussy we can't afford to be!

Archived