Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Laptop reccomendations?

I need a new laptop which can be lightweight, for portability, long battery life (8 hours plus), for university notes and not be too pricey, mid-range £300-£400 would be acceptable. I was looking at an Acer Swift 1 but some reviews said the processor wasn't the best, all I would be doing is typing up essays and at times have quite a few tabs open. Also, I currently have a Chromebook and I don't really want another as I prefer word. Any suggestions? 

I have a HP pavilion (can't recall which variety) which I use mainly for browsing, uni notes and football manager. Have had it around 2 and a half years and cannot fault it at all. Still very speedy and does everything I need it to with no hiccups or faults. 

Think it may be this one https://www.pcworldbusiness.co.uk/catalogue/item/N164500W?

Not available anymore but I'm sure you could find something very similar. 

9 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I need a new laptop which can be lightweight, for portability, long battery life (8 hours plus), for university notes and not be too pricey, mid-range £300-£400 would be acceptable. I was looking at an Acer Swift 1 but some reviews said the processor wasn't the best, all I would be doing is typing up essays and at times have quite a few tabs open. Also, I currently have a Chromebook and I don't really want another as I prefer word. Any suggestions? 

I have an Asus Transformer T300 Chi - it's one of those transformable ones so you can take the keyboard off and use it as a tablet. Had it a year or two and still runs really well. Really lightweight and SSD hard drive so loads up and transfers data quick. Windows 10 so runs all the normal software and has a really high-resolution display

The only thing is battery life - 3-4 hours is to be expected, but you could boost it by a couple of a hours having a USB power bank handy