Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Gist

Who would you choose?

Yeah i think kisnorbo had a good game today in his suitable position but i dont like to see joey get dropped when hes been on form just lately

same here, but will weso be as good as kisnorbo come december/january?

its hard to say but what ive seen of him he looks quite promising

We've got to keep Hughesy in the middle. Apart from his first game back against Sheffield Wednesday, I think it was, he's not looked like the same player out wide. I've heard Levein say in the past that Williams is the most skillful player at the club but he doesn't show it on enough occasions for me. I've never seen Hughesy give less than his best when he's played for City so if anyone deserves to play in their favourite role it's him. i hadn't been too impressed with Kisnorbo at the back but I haven't seen him play in the last two games and it sounded like he did quite well in both. I would stick with those two for the time being and if Weso shows himself to be good enough then that's an added bonus.

Hughes as the creative man and Joey as the defensive man. I would play them on tuesday and they are the two i would pick at the moment going by form. Weso will need a bit of time to come back and regain match fitness but i reckon he would be able to play in the middle. However, both pairings would be lightweight and could struggle against some teams, so maybe Kisnorbo. I do like Williams but he isnt on form at the moment and tbh, he seems as if he cant be assed so i wonder how long he will be at leicester for.

We've got to keep Hughesy in the middle. ... I've never seen Hughesy give less than his best when he's played for City so if anyone deserves to play in their favourite role it's him.

Seconded (very strongly so) :)

i hadn't been too impressed with Kisnorbo at the back but I haven't seen him play in the last two games and it sounded like he did quite well in both. I would stick with those two for the time being ...

Yeah, it has to be expected that it may take several games for players to "find their feet", fit in within a team and regain match fitness... so I hope Kisnorbo will go from strength to strength now...

Don't write Williams off yet. Being dropped might be just what is necessary to jerk him in to action.

With wide players now available, freeing up our mids to play there, there is healthy competition with Kisnorbo/Gudjonsson/Williams/Hughes vying for a place, and Weso back soon.

I'm worried that, if Williams is put into the side, Levein will still want to accomodate Hughes, and therefore will play him on the right wing. Then Tiatto will almost certainly be placed on the left wing. Those two are not wingers, and it shows. If Levein wants to put Hughes in the side, he should do a straight swap!

He was dropped a couple of weeks ago and still came back to play apparently his worst game ever against Derby.

Did Williams play well last season? I thought he did well in pre-season (in particular against Oxford, if I remember correctly), but I am still to be impressed by him in the championship this season...

Did Williams play well last season? I thought he did well in pre-season (in particular against Oxford, if I remember correctly), but I am still to be impressed by him in the championship this season...

Nope. Pretty much like this season, last season he showed flashes of class but was mostly lethargic and playing as if he didn't care.

He was dropped a couple of weeks ago and still came back to play apparently his worst game ever against Derby.

Was he completely dropped though? I thought he was on the bench? I suppose it doesn't make much of a difference, but perhaps being completely dropped might be a sufficient dent to his personal pride to shock him in to action.

Or am I clutching at straws here?

I'm worried that, if Williams is put into the side, Levein will still want to accomodate Hughes, and therefore will play him on the right wing. Then Tiatto will almost certainly be placed on the left wing. Those two are not wingers, and it shows. If Levein wants to put Hughes in the side, he should do a straight swap!

good post your right he needs to keep hughes in the centre :thumbup:

Archived