Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gamesmaster

team V burnley

has maybury ever played well at LB? hes not having a great season in his prefered position, so keep johanson there.

Johanson is shocking at left back. Maybury is better on the right but has always been at least competent on the left and has scored some good goals getting forward from their.

Johanson is shocking at left back. Maybury is better on the right but has always been at least competent on the left and has scored some good goals getting forward from their.

yeah thats true he did, 2 i think. it was explained by graeme le sex about carragher who could pass down the left for always going inside on his right foot, we need left footers on the left, and right blah blah

I'm hoping that in the long run Gerrbrand is going to be the key central defender, although like you I haven't formed a personal opinion just based on his pedigree. The choice then will be who plays alongside him. If he has sufficient pace then Nils would be OK, if not it will need to be Paddy/Stearman with Nils being Gerrbrand's deputy.

Of course if Gerrbrand proves to be slow as well then we really need Stearman and Paddy fast tracked to be the pair.

Gerrbrand is NOT slow, I can assure you that having seen him play at least 50 games with Hammarby.

/g

I think for now we need to keep the same line up so we can maintain some sort of consistency. I don't particularly like the idea of Johansson at left back, but let's not change that position again! We've had Maybury, Gilbert, Sheehan, Kisnorbo and Johansson all play there. I personally think that Sheehan is our best option there, but Levein seems reluctant to choose him.

Sounds good over Gerrbrand, CL just needs to give him games!

As with Adams, I think Levein has favoured players, and one of them is Maybury, there is no doubt in my mind that CL will try to accomodate him for the Burnley game, whether it be right back or left back. Which is a shame really, because I'd like to see Stearman and Sheehan paired on both sides. However, if Maybury refinds last seasons form, I've got no qualms about him being in the side.

There is no need to stick with the same side, there were certain aspects that worked very well but it was not exactly a flawless performance.

I'd be tempted to keep the same midfield as they had real shape and balance that I have not seen much this year.

In defence Nils was shocking and is clearly not sa left back and Dion might not be able to play 2 games in so few days.

Hume was far more dangerous than Hammond when he cam eon so I think he will be given his chance.

......................Douglas

Stearman..Gerrband..Nils/Dion...Maybury

Sylla........Kisnorbo..Hughes.....Hammill

.................De Vries...Hume

I agree there, spot on.

I think for now we need to keep the same line up so we can maintain some sort of consistency. I don't particularly like the idea of Johansson at left back, but let's not change that position again! We've had Maybury, Gilbert, Sheehan, Kisnorbo and Johansson all play there. I personally think that Sheehan is our best option there, but Levein seems reluctant to choose him.

what would it say about the signing of gilbert if sheehan was successfull?

Maybury left back. What an appalling compromise. This team is starting to be made for Sheehan. Why use a hack when you can have a thoroughbred?

Well obviously i'd rather play Sheehan there but that isn't going to happen so i'd rather have Maybury there than Nissa, Kisnorbo, Gilbert, etc.

You can't expect Levein to keep it the same. After all, we beat Sheff Wednesday and then changed the team for the next game!

and then lost at cardiff :(

CL should just play sheehan or gilbert people dislike gilbert but given the chance i bet he could be decent for us then play nissa were he is best suited

According to today's Mercury, Levein has indicated that barring injuries it will be the same team as saturday.

Was Williams completely dropped or injured?

i asume he was dropped

According to today's Mercury, Levein has indicated that barring injuries it will be the same team as saturday.

Was Williams completely dropped or injured?

The bloke is utterly blinkered where the left-back position is concerned. Not only is Sheehan the best choice anyway - and by a distance. But Nils is NOT and never will be a decent left back. What I want to know from Leicester is what on earth Sheehan has suddenly done wrong?

Have faith Thracian, he will be involved. Levein said after the Plymouth game that he had high hopes for him.

It's getting hard. Were Sheehan in competition with genuinely capable left backs I could at least understand what's going on but Levein would seem to prefer playing non-natural left backs out of position than a genuinely quality player that is vitually ready made. If that were me I'd be gutted. It's not even as if the replacements are looking the part. They aren't. And this is not just me saying so.A HUGE per cent of fans rate Sheehan as the best man for the job. Are they ALL idiots.

Archived