Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MrSpaM

God Of War

Managed to beat the Valkyrie Queen, she was tough, took me a few tries but once I got her attack patterns it wasn't too hard. I've finished Muspelheim so now I need to do Niflheim then find the rest of the collectibles. Will defo have to keep hold of this game for the DLC. A bit annoying that they cant just have a complete game like you used to get. None of this DLC crap.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Are any of the trophies tied into the difficulty settings?

If not, I will grind the platinum once I get it.  I'll put it on my summer holiday to-do list.

No, you can play in easy mode ;)

13 minutes ago, silebyboy said:

Can I borrow it off you now please?

Wait for a sale :P

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm enjoying it so far but am still getting used to the slower pace of the fighting mechanics.  Plays very differently than the previous games, much, much slower.

Just took down the second troll after a minor upgrade on the axe with relative ease although it took a while.  Ranged attacks to the chest seemed to work best.

I can imagine with a Pro this would look almighty but even without this is the best game graphically I have seen through my TV so far.  Better than Horizon imo.  It's all good.

14 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I'm enjoying it so far but am still getting used to the slower pace of the fighting mechanics.  Plays very differently than the previous games, much, much slower.

Just took down the second troll after a minor upgrade on the axe with relative ease although it took a while.  Ranged attacks to the chest seemed to work best.

I can imagine with a Pro this would look almighty but even without this is the best game graphically I have seen through my TV so far.  Better than Horizon imo.  It's all good.

It does get faster paced later but not like the other GOW games. I would suggest due to the camera angle being different it would be quite hard to make it as fast paced. It still has a really good fighting mechanic.

One thing I never really used is my shield. Always went Gung ho with the axe with ranged attacks. Later on in the game I was dying quite a lot as I wasn't learning enemies moves and how to counter them. The shield ends up being crucial. So I would recommend getting good with the shield. I've seen youtube videos where people don't even get scratched as they block and counter everything.

• 3 weeks later...

I am finding this game either too easy or impossible due to being under levelled when veering off track.

It takes the edge off it for me so, I've said it before, I'll say it again, Horizon Zero Dawn at this point in time is still the best game on PS4 imo.

I'm enjoying it for sure but it's lacking something.

Just escaped Hellheim for the 2nd time.

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I am finding this game either too easy or impossible due to being under levelled when veering off track.

It takes the edge off it for me so, I've said it before, I'll say it again, Horizon Zero Dawn at this point in time is still the best game on PS4 imo.

I'm enjoying it for sure but it's lacking something.

Just escaped Hellheim for the 2nd time.

Surely it’s supposed to be impossible if you veer off track? Need to get stronger to take on the stronger enemies?

absolutely loved god of war. I also loved Horizon zero dawn. PS4 has so many incredible games. 

For me, Uncharted 4 is up there as the best game I’ve played on PS4. Loved that game from start to finish

13 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Surely it’s supposed to be impossible if you veer off track? Need to get stronger to take on the stronger enemies?

absolutely loved god of war. I also loved Horizon zero dawn. PS4 has so many incredible games. 

For me, Uncharted 4 is up there as the best game I’ve played on PS4. Loved that game from start to finish

I wanted to take my time getting through the main storyline and so have taken as many opportunities as possible to veer off track.  I've not looked into any guides/walkthroughs at all but at a rough guess I'm currently 2/3 of the way through the story and have only done about 10 favours/side quests.  Just returned from Helheim and about to go back to Tyr's vault.  

The difficulty curve seems off to me.  From the outset the difficulty curve was set just right but now that I have upgraded Atreus when possible to do so and a few runic attacks, coupled with the blades, I now feel too overpowered for the story quests.  Of the side quests available that I've stumbled across, two Valkyries, a dragon and a couple of those realm portals, I'm totally underpowered though.  Hence why for me it's taken the edge of the gameplay a little and I feel as if I'm going through the motions with regards to the story.  HZD on the other hand always had you on your toes, regardless of what level you were - in terms of the gameplay in that I haven't played anything better.

6 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I wanted to take my time getting through the main storyline and so have taken as many opportunities as possible to veer off track.  I've not looked into any guides/walkthroughs at all but at a rough guess I'm currently 2/3 of the way through the story and have only done about 10 favours/side quests.  Just returned from Helheim and about to go back to Tyr's vault.  

The difficulty curve seems off to me.  From the outset the difficulty curve was set just right but now that I have upgraded Atreus when possible to do so and a few runic attacks, coupled with the blades, I now feel too overpowered for the story quests.  Of the side quests available that I've stumbled across, two Valkyries, a dragon and a couple of those realm portals, I'm totally underpowered though.  Hence why for me it's taken the edge of the gameplay a little and I feel as if I'm going through the motions with regards to the story.  HZD on the other hand always had you on your toes, regardless of what level you were - in terms of the gameplay in that I haven't played anything better.

You can certainly beat valkyries etc. You just have to die a few times in order to study there moves. You can kill everything without getting hit. Your shield is the most crucial thing In the whole game. If you master the shield then you will find the side quests easier. 

I just left the side quests til the end. Still loads to do after the main story that requires a lot of skill

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 18:32, kingcarr21 said:

You can certainly beat valkyries etc. You just have to die a few times in order to study there moves. You can kill everything without getting hit. Your shield is the most crucial thing In the whole game. If you master the shield then you will find the side quests easier. 

I just left the side quests til the end. Still loads to do after the main story that requires a lot of skill

I've finished the main story now.  It was ok, nothing special, certainly didn't have me as engrossed in it in the same way HZD did.  

I'm now left in a very pretty but fairly sparse world the way I see it.  Open world games only keep me really interested whilst there's a significant part of the main story to go alongside the sides, but with this one it clearly isn't going to go that way.  I'll stick with it for now, and aim for the platinum but can't see myself going with this game beyond that milestone.

It's a solid 8/10 for me this one, I'm not convinced by the plethora of perfect 10s from review houses either, they're overinflated imo and have heaped too much praise on it.  I was expecting gaming brilliance, but it didn't quite meet my expectations.  >_<