Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MrSpaM

God Of War

On 4/22/2018 at 19:55, Costock_Fox said:

Sounds like the best option is to get new friends.

I've taken option B) and decided to buy a PS4 lol 

Got a fair few exclusives that I haven't played yet which should be cheaper now so lots to look forward to. 

God of war is amazing. Seriously the gameplay is fantastic. I am playing it on the second hardest level and I seem to do fine for one on ones but once their is a group it can be absolutely nails. 

19 hours ago, Christoph said:

I've taken option B) and decided to buy a PS4 lol 

Got a fair few exclusives that I haven't played yet which should be cheaper now so lots to look forward to. 

God of war is amazing. Seriously the gameplay is fantastic. I am playing it on the second hardest level and I seem to do fine for one on ones but once their is a group it can be absolutely nails. 

I've died a few times on Normal mode. Its nice to have a challenge. I managed to kill the first purple health bar enemy I encountered on my 4th attempt. He was a 1 hit kill.

It reminds me of Dark Souls which I didn't have the patience for. Im not sure I could tolerate GoW on the hardest setting lol 

I had the most irritating moment the other day.

I got to a 'challenge' point where you had to kill 100 enemies without dying which took me nearly an hour. I got to the last enemy which was a traveller and he killed me with literally 1% health left.

I haven't played it since then.

easily game of the year for me though.

4 minutes ago, glenny_fox said:

I had the most irritating moment the other day.

I got to a 'challenge' point where you had to kill 100 enemies without dying which took me nearly an hour. I got to the last enemy which was a traveller and he killed me with literally 1% health left.

I haven't played it since then.

easily game of the year for me though.

Ive just used the Bifrost for the first time so I guess ive still got ages to go. Just need to get off of fortnite so I can play this some more

A little tip that someone told me, which has been a massive help. If you activate a quick travel gate but don’t use it you refill your health.

A few others that weren’t immediately obvious:

you don’t need to hold L3 to sprint, just tap once, helps avoid accidentally triggering rage. 

Yellow rocks can be destroyed by hitting explosive pits nearby.

You can upgrade enchantments with xp points

just finished the main story for this yesterday. I've done the majority of exploration, just got to find the rest of those flippin birds to get a platinum for it.

The ending was slightly underwhelming in one way but leads nicely onto more GOW games.

The game itself is easily the best game I have played in the last few years. 

21 hours ago, glenny_fox said:

just finished the main story for this yesterday. I've done the majority of exploration, just got to find the rest of those flippin birds to get a platinum for it.

The ending was slightly underwhelming in one way but leads nicely onto more GOW games.

The game itself is easily the best game I have played in the last few years. 

Ive just met Mimir (the bloke stuck in the tree) How far would you say I am in the main story? Really enjoying it so far. Think i've found about 13 birds so far so still plenty more to find

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

Ive just met Mimir (the bloke stuck in the tree) How far would you say I am in the main story? Really enjoying it so far. Think i've found about 13 birds so far so still plenty more to find

I'd say that's probably 1/3 of the way through the story, maybe a little more

1 minute ago, MrSpaM said:

I'd say that's probably 1/3 of the way through the story, maybe a little more

Good, still plenty more to get stuck in with. The skill tree isn't very big though, i've maxed out Atreus as much as I can. I've found he is vitally important in this game. I've barely touched the Shield skill tree and tend to use the range attacks with the Leviathan.

Im only playing on normal setting so once ive finished ill give the hardest setting a blast.

4 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Good, still plenty more to get stuck in with. The skill tree isn't very big though, i've maxed out Atreus as much as I can. I've found he is vitally important in this game. I've barely touched the Shield skill tree and tend to use the range attacks with the Leviathan.

Im only playing on normal setting so once ive finished ill give the hardest setting a blast.

There are more skills you can't see on the tree yet, I won't go into it too much because there's some huge spoilers involved

17 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

There are more skills you can't see on the tree yet, I won't go into it too much because there's some huge spoilers involved

Ahh that's good then, I was thinking I must be close to the end because of the skill tree but I had only visited one realm. Thought I was going to tank the rest of the game maxed out lol.

Just answer me one question, Are there many MASSIVE boss fights? So far I would have thought I would have done more big fights against big **** off creatures

9 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Ahh that's good then, I was thinking I must be close to the end because of the skill tree but I had only visited one realm. Thought I was going to tank the rest of the game maxed out lol.

Just answer me one question, Are there many MASSIVE boss fights? So far I would have thought I would have done more big fights against big **** off creatures

TBH there aren't that many boss fights against huge enemies, not on the level of the opening of the third game anyway, this is the one criticism for the game I have personally

Edited by MrSpaM

14 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

TBH there aren't that many boss fights against huge enemies, not on the level of the opening of the third game anyway, this is the one criticism for the game I have personally

That's a shame, its why I loved GoW 3 so much. Still really enjoying this game though and im sure some DLC will come out that will include some big ass fights

There's pretty much zero boss fights against the humongous enemies like in previous GOW.

This one is more about boss fights against little enemies that do a ton of damage. I suspect that's to do with having a much closer camera.

The skill tree becomes less and less important as the game goes on. I maxed it at about half way (not giving any spoilers away either)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Getting further into the game now. Really enjoying it especially after being reacquainted with an old friend :D

Im loving the little references to previous GoW games.

Freya - 'Have you ever been to the land of the dead?'

Kratos - 'Not this one.'

I now wonder if there will be more GoW games made now Atreus is in the equation

4 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Getting further into the game now. Really enjoying it especially after being reacquainted with an old friend :D

Im loving the little references to previous GoW games.

Freya - 'Have you ever been to the land of the dead?'

Kratos - 'Not this one.'

I now wonder if there will be more GoW games made now Atreus is in the equation

Well I don't really want to spoil anything but the ending, and the subsequent secret ending leaves it wide open for a sequel

Edited by MrSpaM
  • Like 1

Really getting into this now, Managed to climb Musphelheim and beat the final level, ive finished Brok and Sindri's quests so after a little more exploring I can carry on with the main quest which I feel im not too far away now. All ill say is im not quite at the land of the giants yet.

Will look forward to completing all the side quests, I may even go for platinum trophy on this (I only have 1 lol)

22 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Really getting into this now, Managed to climb Musphelheim and beat the final level, ive finished Brok and Sindri's quests so after a little more exploring I can carry on with the main quest which I feel im not too far away now. All ill say is im not quite at the land of the giants yet.

Will look forward to completing all the side quests, I may even go for platinum trophy on this (I only have 1 lol)

It’s a great game and I was well up for platinuming it but once you’ve finished the game it’s quite dull exploring with no enemies to fight trying to find one of Odin’s Ravens. I’m going to finish the Valkyrie quests and see how close I am.

40 minutes ago, Captain... said:

It’s a great game and I was well up for platinuming it but once you’ve finished the game it’s quite dull exploring with no enemies to fight trying to find one of Odin’s Ravens. I’m going to finish the Valkyrie quests and see how close I am.

Yea I can imagine the ravens being a pain to find lol. Do enemies disappear then? Or are you just too over powered that they may as well not exist?

Are all the realms accessible by the end of the game?

15 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Yea I can imagine the ravens being a pain to find lol. Do enemies disappear then? Or are you just too over powered that they may as well not exist?

I managed to platinum it which I'm sure it's the first game i've actually fully completed.

Not all of the reals are accessible. There are quite a few that aren't. And the enemies don't disappear once you've completed the game, I just found myself running past them to find the last bleeding ravens (youtube was a huge help in that)

3 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Some enemies are still about but once you kill them they generally stay dead unless there is something still to do there. I’ve done quite a bit of wandering without encountering any enemies.

You can revisit everywhere in the game but there are 2 realms still locked, either for DLC or a sequel. 

For the ravens they do make make a distinctive noise so it’s good to listen out for. You can hear it clearest in Odin’s hidden chambers, I thought it was the noise of the Valkyrie until I realised there was a raven in each chamber and killing it stopped the noise.

Edited by Captain...

This game just gets better and better, when I think i'm about to visit Jotunheim.... no, another mission, all I will say is finding Mimir's eye and the subsequent battles after it, Wow, jaw dropping.

I've decided to go around and do some of the side quests, the Valkyries are a right pain, i've defeated 4 of them, the first was solid but the next 3 I beat with ease so I thought here we go ill do all of them. Well i've gone up against Eir and she has battered me. So im gonna have to build up my rage before I battle her again.

My overall stats puts me at 7. What is the highest it goes to?