Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Just because they are Leicester.....

We have over these last few seasons..seen 5 Leicester players,get the nod for England's first team..

Vardy..now retired

Gray...mentioned in dispatches

Maddison...Maybe this evening...

Chilwell....once chosen nearly forgotton,then close to MOM. Still a novice in a well covered position.

Maguire...Deserved and is one of our best!!!

So Vardy.. probably from the 5, the one player who could/did make the difference,though not used often enough!!

Maguire...we have some dissenters  on this forum,that post highlighting  1-2 errors/mistakes of negatives,but conveniently forget,

His 5-6 top tackles/intervention during any game. Not recognising at PL and international level he is still learning...his peak comes in 1-3 seasons time.

Chilwell...with a smirk on my face,and free deliveries of humble pie...'I told you so'. Too many posters quick on the trigger with moaning bullets!!!

Even now hes young and still will develope further..Unfortunately his England career path is full of players with also high quality as WB/FB

Gray:  potential still waiting to explode...Will he be good enough for an England-Shirt!!  ??? Time will tell  .though I believe he will be a top PL player.

Maddison...great potential,but because I come from the old school of farts....Isn't it a bit too early,shouldn't he be taking his apprenticeship

with at least 1 full season of PL,before English manager comes a knocking...

I think it's great,another Leicester recognition....but

from all the above,are some of us  being too defensive, or too bias...or maybe just honestly pragmatic. !!

Strangely enough,we used to have a fine array of other home international players always in our ranks....not anymore!!!

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Strangely enough,we used to have a fine array of other home international players always in our ranks....not anymore!!!

The other home nations are pretty weak at the moment imo, there are very few stand out players that i would have, there are of course a few exceptions but over all they are very poor.

35 minutes ago, Cujek said:

The other home nations are pretty weak at the moment imo, there are very few stand out players that i would have, there are of course a few exceptions but over all they are very poor.

Many used to be the backbone of the old First Division...even first years of the PL....

One could chose 2 teams from home nations players from the top flight...

Those days seem long gone...:unsure: