Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willy37

reason for poor start

does anyone else feel that a possible reason for us doing so bad at the minute is that cl is constantly changing the team, therefore the players not being able to establish partnerships with oneanother. Also i have noticed, unlike in recent years we do not have a stlye of play. for example over the years we have known to be a hardworking, phyiscal side etc or under mickey adams when we had dickov we had plenty of movement up front. Also i have noticed that we seem to use our defenders as our main playmakers, as much as a respect dion he is not the greatest with the ball at his feet, we resort to hoofing the ball up to no avail. anyway thats my ramble done

does anyone else feel that a possible reason for us doing so bad at the minute is that cl is constantly changing the team

i doubt it. we beat watford 2-1, then we used the exact same squad against burnley yet lost 1-0

we just need to buy 1 or 2 more players when in january, we still dont have a solid cb (yes i know dublin has been great but he is 36 and surley wont be able to manage playing every game of the season).

We haven't been playing well, enough, we haven't been taking as many as the chances we should have took, IMO the squad need to be settled in the same which they aint and there is no confidence there

I have a suspicion that our poor start is somehow linked to the fact that we're playing shit.

you might have something there.

one question is why doesn't craig like playing leftbacks, we have had right backs and centre backs at lb for most of the season, go figure.

We're not clinical enough in the final third, the midfield isn't creating enough chances for the strikers, we've got a centre back at left back and if the opposition only have one shot on target all game it seems to go in. Apart from that everything's fine.

Seriously, Burnley's keeper had very little to do all game and then, right at the death, he pulled of a great save from Paddy Mac's header. If the roles had been reversed I think Rab would've conceded. I would rather see Henderson play. I thought we looked exactly as bad as we did against Brighton but we drew 0-0 in that game with Henderson in goal. Last night we played just as badly but lost 1-0 with Rab in goal. I also don't see the need of having a holding midfielder playing when the opposition have everyone behind the ball. When you're away from home and under pressure then a holding midfielder can break up the opposition's attacks but when the opposition aren't attacking you may aswell have two attack minded central midfielders.

Apart from last night he's been forced to change the side most games, but i actually think he made a mistake last night by not changing the team, he should have started with Williams.IMO

Be we can all be critical and clever with hindsight. :)

Everyone's been saying how rubbish Williams is. I'm sure most people would have dropped him.

We're not clinical enough in the final third, the midfield isn't creating enough chances for the strikers, we've got a centre back at left back and if the opposition only have one shot on target all game it seems to go in. Apart from that everything's fine.

Seriously, Burnley's keeper had very little to do all game and then, right at the death, he pulled of a great save from Paddy Mac's header. If the roles had been reversed I think Rab would've conceded. I would rather see Henderson play. I thought we looked exactly as bad as we did against Brighton but we drew 0-0 in that game with Henderson in goal. Last night we played just as badly but lost 1-0 with Rab in goal. I also don't see the need of having a holding midfielder playing when the opposition have everyone behind the ball. When you're away from home and under pressure then a holding midfielder can break up the opposition's attacks but when the opposition aren't attacking you may aswell have two attack minded central midfielders.

A bit harsh to blame Rab for the defeat! lol He had nothing to do all game and wasn't at fault for the goal. Yes we definitely didn't need Kisnorbo playing the holding role, especially with Burnley's negative tactics. We needs another central midfielder who could pass it forward and support the attackers - even Tiatto would have been a better option in centre midfield. Levein has to learn that when the likes of Burnley come here and play 4-5-1, his blue eyed boy Kisnorbo is not the man we need.

Archived