Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gené and Tonic

We need a goal scorer

It's sad to see that our top striker at the moment is MDV. He isn't even a natural goal scorer, he should be playing as the holding striker who finds the pass to pick out other players.

Hume isn't a natural goal scorer either, and as for Hammond, well, imo he has been a bit of a waste of money. Chambers can't be relied on at this stage in his career either.

All we can hope for is that Levein still has some money left in the bank, and maybe if the Williams rumours are true, we can get someone in who has a real eye for goal. Fryatt would be good, Tyson might be a bit out of our league, same with Abbott. Any ideas about a realistic target? We need someone. One of the reasons we are where we are is because we haven't got a regular goalscorer in the side.

It's sad to see that our top striker at the moment is MDV. He isn't even a natural goal scorer, he should be playing as the holding strker who finds the pass to pick out other players.

LMAO! lol

de Vries as a holding striker your having a bubble. He cant even run never mind supporting the 2 strikers and picking out passes.

If anyone should be playing the Attacking Mid / Holding striker role it should be Hume as he has the awareness and a great strike on him.

have you watched the games, de lump is there to win headers, he doesnt, he is our top scorer yes, but it took him 7 games after connors had left the club to do so.

where as in the 1 game i saw elvis and hume together (derby away) they provided a genuin thret.

MdV signifies everything thats wrong with levein regeim, he's too loyal to peolple who just arent producing, such as twatto, williams, though i am a fan of his and nisse (sheehan or gilbert are far better at LB). the sooner MdV breaks a leg the better

the sooner MdV breaks a leg the better

:o not nice. Levein should just learn when is best to use him. He is best coming off the bench.

But the fact that he is our top scorer is sad. We need someone in in January. I don't know what his price range is but Matty Fryatt for Walsall is still only 19, scored 15 last season and is doing quite well this season too. He says he would rather go to a championship club at the moment than a premiership club.

Grant Holt is doing well in League 2 as well. Any others?

Either way, Levein needs to bring in a striker in January, De Vries isn't a goalscorer, Hume is a creater, and Hammond is a big disapointment despite his workrate.

:o not nice. Levein should just learn when is best to use him. He is best coming off the bench.

But the fact that he is our top scorer is sad. We need someone in in January. I don't know what his price range is but Matty Fryatt for Walsall is still only 19, scored 15 last season and is doing quite well this season too. He says he would rather go to a championship club at the moment than a premiership club.

Grant Holt is doing well in League 2 as well. Any others?

Either way, Levein needs to bring in a striker in January, De Vries isn't a goalscorer, Hume is a creater, and Hammond is a big disapointment despite his workrate.

the only way he wont play is if he's injured, thats why he dint start at derby

have you watched the games, de lump is there to win headers, he doesnt, he is our top scorer yes, but it took him 7 games after connors had left the club to do so.

where as in the 1 game i saw elvis and hume together (derby away) they provided a genuin thret.

MdV signifies everything thats wrong with levein regeim, he's too loyal to peolple who just arent producing, such as twatto, williams, though i am a fan of his and nisse (sheehan or gilbert are far better at LB). the sooner MdV breaks a leg the better

Who say's so?

Not all forwards are there to win headers, Gary Lineker hardly headed the ball during his whole career and that was intentional, but other players knew this and took into account when passing to him.

How many times do people need to be told it's not his greatest strength, he admits it, CL admits it all we have to do now is get the other players to recognise it and stop hoofing the bloody ball upto him, maybe by then the fans will get the message.

Who say's so?

Not all forwards are there to win headers, Gary Lineker hardly headed the ball during his whole career and that was intentional, but other players knew this and took into account when passing to him.

How many times do people need to be told it's not his greatest strength, he admits it, CL admits it all we have to do now is get the other players to recognise it and stop hoofing the bloody ball upto him, maybe by then the fans will get the message.

I think one of the reasons our defenders were/are hoofing it up to De Vries is the lack of midfield support in our team. Apart from Joey G, none of the midfielders offer any support to their defenders or look for space when one of the defenders has got it. It therefore leaves very little alternative but to hoof, and when you're 6ft 5 (or whatever De Vries is) then he's the natural target. If we get our midfielders to look for the ball and move off the ball, we can them pass through midfield.

We would have lost 1 - 0 if you had it your way.

Lee Trundle is a good striker for swansea joint top scorer in league 1.

I think he would be a good sigining if we can get him.

yeh he would be a great striker but he is very commited to his club

Lee Trundle is a good striker for swansea joint top scorer in league 1.

I think he would be a good sigining if we can get him.

Maybe a bit too old for Levein's liking, plus he might be a bit out of our price range, as Sheff Wed had a 750k bid rejected.

Fryatt all the way! :D Plus he is born in Nuneaton, so he may have an affection towards Leicester ;)

Archived