Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Stewards bringing it on themselves!

Is there a charter for STEWARDS>>?????

Id like to see personally a copy of what training the have had. They see nothing more than thugs at times.

Pub bouncers now have a charter I feel that LCFC should adopt this stance.

If they were to treat me with disrespect thed end up in court I know my rights! and also a paying customer I'd hate to be treated like a thug.

Not happy! :mad:

Lisa,

Surely the 'Showsec' guards have to file a report, can you see if TD will be open enough to make this transparent and let actually know WHY the Security Gaurd felt it an issue to eject some vocal fans.

I think that someone should hand a copy of the TAYLOR REPORT to both the Stewards and Police.

Hillsborough happened through mismangement by the police and this was farcicle.

Abuse is one thing but inciting the rest of the crowd is another!

LISA!

Unfortunately, the Taylor Report also tells fans they must be seated during the game.

Stewarding was mentioned at the last meeting, when we discussed the QPR match and the problems with L1. We all agree it can be heavy-handed, and one member also had a printout from a website guide to away grounds that also mentioned what a bunch of jobsworths our stewards are. Details should have been passed onto Kevin Barclay.

All the stewards are employed by the club, Showsec are no longer used. I believe there is a charter, I recall something from my Fans Forum days a few years back.

As for the police, I don't think that football clubs are able to tell them what to do. If they see what they believe to be an offence, then the stewards rarely override this, from what I recall of my SK1 days.

I can ask to have this put on the agenda for the next meeting. If it makes it, if anyone uses any other forums where fans from other clubs comment, and you've seen fans saying what a byunch of tossers the rds are, then that would be great, 'cos if it's not just us they might think it's not just us moaning.

I THINK WE SHOULD ARRANGE A STAND UP PROTEST ALL THESE THREATS OF CLOSING THE GROUND DOWN DONT HOLD UP I PAID £25 TO WATCH A MATCH AND SUPPORT MY TEAM NOT SPEND MOST THE GAME AGUEING WITH STEWARDS IT IS GETTING BEYOND THE JOKE KNOW IM SICK OF THEM CREATING TROUBLE NONE OF THEM SEEM TO HAVE A CLUE HOW TO HANDLE A FOOTBALL CROWD WE NEED TO COMPLAIN TO THE CLUB (COME ON FOXES TRUST) WE NEED THIS ISSUE SORTING I KNOW ITS ALL GONNA KICK OFF SOON AND THAT WILL LAND THE CLUB IN MORE TROUBLE IN THE LONG RUN, STAND UP SOD THE SAG AND THE STEWARDS

I bought my ticket on the day of the game in L1 and i was told when i bought my ticket "be carefull of the stewards cos i sold this ticket last week and a steward wouldnt let the guy in!!! said it was a season ticket seat when it wasnt! if he does this get his name and number and we will sort it out" what if i miss kick off!!

Why havnt you sorted it out pre game "because the stewards dont listen"

SAG = S.C.U.M.

The club could LOSE its liecence by the county council if fans continue to stand up.

Abide by the rules, and everything will be alright.

What exactly are the rules?

Is it a problem if fans stand up for 30 seconds or so (e.g. after a goal or a missed opportunity)?

It seems impossible not to do it!

What exactly are the rules?

Is it a problem if fans stand up for 30 seconds or so (e.g. after a goal or a missed opportunity)?

It seems impossible not to do it!

This is where the safety angle becomes a farce.

Fans are allowed to jump up & celebrate a goal or react to some drama on the field (sending off etc). Interestingly as fans movements would be more exaggerated at this time, this must also be the most likely to fall over & get injured.

However if there is no excitement fans shouldn't just stand, yet in this case they are more likely to be fairly motionless & hence least likely to be injured.

But don't forget we have to sit down for our own safety

:rolleyes:

I just think the worlds gone mad!!!

This is the KOP! if you can't sing, shout and swear theres no point going.

As for Standing how can Cardiff still be allowed to have standing at their shed of a ground and Leicester with a far more up to date stadium not be allowed to have an area of standing.

As per usual people at the top who have never been to a game in there lives are ruining the game for the majority who remember standing in Pen 3 down Filbo.

The club could LOSE its liecence by the county council if fans continue to stand up.

Then you wont be able to sit or stand...

Abide by the rules, and everything will be alright.

Agreed about the atmosphere, we need a standing section.

I just think the worlds gone mad!!!

This is the KOP! if you can't sing, shout and swear theres no point going.

As for Standing how can Cardiff still be allowed to have standing at their shed of a ground and Leicester with a far more up to date stadium not be allowed to have an area of standing.

As per usual people at the top who have never been to a game in there lives are ruining the game for the majority who remember standing in Pen 3 down Filbo.

We could have a standing area, but stadiums need to be all seater in the premier league, so if we went up we would have to close it or put the seats back in. Also I think the capacity of our stadium my prevent a standing area not sure.

This is where the safety angle becomes a farce.

Fans are allowed to jump up & celebrate a goal or react to some drama on the field (sending off etc). Interestingly as fans movements would be more exaggerated at this time, this must also be the most likely to fall over & get injured.

However if there is no excitement fans shouldn't just stand, yet in this case they are more likely to be fairly motionless & hence least likely to be injured.

But don't forget we have to sit down for our own safety

:rolleyes:

This "safety" issue is a complete farce. Who decides whats excitement and what isnt. For me, the whole game is exciting (well thats my excuse lol )

lcfcsoul66, we wouldnt need to swear if the refs were allowed to do their job properly, and joey, tiatto didnt get booked so easily.

How about standing at the front, theres plenty of room, and it could be round most of the ground.

As it is an old stadium with terracing, then they can keep standing, however if they were to be promoted to the PL, they would need to go all-seater within so many years (assuming they stay up).

If that stand was redeveloped, or if they moved to a new stadium, then it would have to be all-seater.

I really enjoyed my days out at footy win or loose. A bit of harmless banter a few drinks. Now I don’t know if it’s worth it.Im told to shut up if I sing and thrown out for standing up if I get excited (I know) or taking the mick out of opponent’s fans. The new stadium has certainly created some crap atmospheres which is mostly down to the traffic warden mentality by the stewards.By the way, are they on a bonus for fans kicked out from ground.I just don't notice the stewards being as bad at most other grounds.

Archived