Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Stewards bringing it on themselves!

In the Kop where trouble kicked off - It was all thanks to Security/Police/Stewards. They we're standing up chanting (Nothing abusive) just having a good time, prehaps they we're pissed up but i'm sure there's many fans in the stadium pissed up, anyway they we're vertually next to the box when the CCTV/Police keep a look out, there were people in the box telling a steward to calm these fans down, Thats all it needed really a steward to say calm down, If it was up to me I don't think it even needed that, they we're just doing what fans do, anyway the people in this box obviously called back-up and police when it wasn't needed the back-up went to them and started yanking them down, there was no need, anyway one fan was being pulled down by this back-up and then something was obviously said to this fan by the back-up he went mad started pushing, punching the back-up/stewards, one of the stewards was pushed down the steps he just rolled down (Did look quite nasty at the time but he got up, and from the looks of what happened, all the stewards/back-up/police deserved everything they got) and thats what happened in that part of the Kop for people that were wondering what was going on.

But the thing is what was done about the other fans standing up, why was this group just singled out? They we're chanting but don't the club want a better atmosphere around the stadium? Also not 1 thing, was done about Coventry fans standing up? All this situation needed was for the standard steward to say calm down - If that, the steward bought this trouble on themselves when there was no need!

In the Kop where trouble kicked off - It was all thanks to Security/Police/Stewards. They we're standing up chanting (Nothing abusive) just having a good time, prehaps they we're pissed up but i'm sure there's many fans in the stadium pissed up, anyway they we're vertually next to the box when the CCTV/Police keep a look out, there we're telling a steward to calm these fans down, Thats all it needed really a steward to say calm down, If it was up to me I don't think it even needed that, they we're just doing what fans do, anyway the people in this box obviously called back-up and police when it wasn't needed the back-up went to them and started yanking them down, there was no need, anyway one fan was being pulled down by this back-up and then something was obviously said to this fan by the back-up he went mad started pushing, punching the back-up/stewards, one of the stewards was pushed down the steps he just rolled down (Did look quite nasty at the time but he got up, and from the looks of what happened, all the stewards/back-up/police deserved everything they got) and thats what happened in that part of the Kop for people that were wondering what was going on.

But the thing is what was done about the other fans standing up, why was this group just singled out? They we're chanting but don't the club want a better atmosphere around the stadium? Also not 1 thing, was done about Coventry fans standing up? All this situation needed was for the standard steward to say calm down - If that, the steward bought this trouble on themselves when there was no need!

Thats what was going on i couldn't see anything!! But that is Stink that they picked just you all out, out of the whole Kop!! :nono:

Looked like jobsworth's justifiying their own existence to me.

Talk about over the top. I thought someone had wrapped a chairleg round someone's head or something similar judging by the furore it created.

At one stage there was 8 or 10 steward trying to eject one or two fans and why on earth the police needed to get involved in such force I don't know cos it was stupid, inflamatory and could easily have sparked a riot.

Isn't it ironic that players get booked for taking their shirts off or celebrating behind the goal.

How provocative is a troop of 6 to eight police racing round the pitch perimeter to deal with an utterly minor infringement?. It's a wonder they didn't shoot the fan. What the hell are we coming too?.

A calm, quiet word by one tactful steward would probably have handled the situation quickly and amicably.

It was never a big deal anyway. Coventry fans have been called w.....s before. Bound to have been. Imagine watching their team for a whole season. What else would you be called?

The club could LOSE its liecence by the county council if fans continue to stand up.

Then you wont be able to sit or stand...

Abide by the rules, and everything will be alright.

Agreed about the atmosphere, we need a standing section.

Just thought about this again!

Thing that make me laugh is that in the concourse before the game there was a blue bottle bin left outside the door to the bar, It had no lid and the bin was full of glass, budwiser bottles, wine bottles, e.t.c

And it was just left there, fans were walking past it, e.t.c. I had to tell one of the steward, I said "There's a bin down there full of glass bottle - don't you think its abit dangerous"

What does it take for one fan to take a bottle out of the bin and start bottling people or save it till after the match bottle a away fan and start a riot, e.t.c...is it really up to fans to help stewards, when stewards are the to "help and keep it a safe environment"?! :rolleyes:

The club could LOSE its liecence by the county council if fans continue to stand up.

...but its ok for the stewards and police to let away fans stand up!

what an atmosphere today. after the 30th minute ofcourse. some great chants going on especially loved the cov slums one. excellent, lets keep it up. and maybe we will do preston over?

where did you sit today

i was sitting in the kop lol and all i saw was a load of coppers running to the other end of were i was sitting and a man being carried away the person in front of me told me that a load of cov fans started a fight lol i also spoke to the bloke that got thrown out after te game

anyone see the 2 fans run onto the pitch then run out of the stadium chased by stewards and everyone started chanting..... easy! easy! easy

class :P

was top quality that lol

the steward should just leave it it was harmless fun when he had ran for him to go on after was pathtic very funny though

was top quality that lol

the steward should just leave it it was harmless fun when he had ran for him to go on after was pathtic very funny though

but his job is to make sure that no one runs on the pitch, the club can get fined for this. even though it was funny you never know what these guys could have had on them, weapons etc

yeh i know what you mean safety is important but i meant once he had left the pitch and was running off up the stairs there was no need for him to carry on chasing him although that added to the humour :D

The Safety Advisory Group in Leicester is one of the strictest in the country (this is known nationally). Its about time some common sense was involved, its a football match not a classical concert

The Safety Advisory Group in Leicester is one of the strictest in the country (this is known nationally). Its about time some common sense was involved, its a football match not a classical concert

There is no way on earth that the SAG or Council will shut the ground, the public backlash would see to that, it is all veilled threaths that just need to be challenged by supporters. If it isn't then they will continue to take liberities.

FT time to organise a 90 minute standing demo :thumbup:

...but its ok for the stewards and police to let away fans stand up!

But how do you get the away fans to sit when the home fans are standing, and there's more of them?

Swings and roundabouts.

(I'm not justifying them, BTW, it's just our argument when we go away, which is valid :P )

I think fans get a tough ordeal from the stewards. the fans pay good money to watch there team play and yet the stewards treat the fans like dirt. If the stewards started treating people/fans like humans or even better paying customers, many issues could be dealt with very amiccably. Instead the stewards have far the worst customer services in any private service or business and this leads to further frustration from the fans which adds fuel to the fire.

But how do you get the away fans to sit when the home fans are standing, and there's more of them?

Swings and roundabouts.

(I'm not justifying them, BTW, it's just our argument when we go away, which is valid :P )

Lisa,

Surely the 'Showsec' guards have to file a report, can you see if TD will be open enough to make this transparent and let actually know WHY the Security Gaurd felt it an issue to eject some vocal fans.

I think that someone should hand a copy of the TAYLOR REPORT to both the Stewards and Police.

Hillsborough happened through mismangement by the police and this was farcicle.

Abuse is one thing but inciting the rest of the crowd is another!

LISA!

Archived