Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertuk

Nice scooter

17 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Proper good exhibition this, would highly recommend. 

Apparently it has reunited some of the old guard from the 60's, and there were scooters from all over the East Midlands at the opening weekend, so the scooter clubs have strengthened links.

I was more of the long hair n motorbikes persuasion in me youth, so I never understood Mod culture, but I relate to the Northern soul links that came through at the exhibition.

I had this idea that they all listened to the small group of British bands associated with the Mods, but the reality was that it was very outwards looking, and to some extent, aspirational. American music, Italian bikes and style, late nights and early mornings, proper wages for young people, first coach home, thrills, pills and bellyaches.

British youth culture has evolved, but the Mods were recognisably (erm) modern. Apart from the proper wages for young people, of course. ;)

• Like 2

On 19/05/2019 at 15:48, Col city fan said:

Good job it only comes out in the summer

Ride it in the winter it’d rust up to Hell and wouldn’t run

:P

You got a pic btw?

Edited by STEVIE B
No picture