Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gené and Tonic

Tyson turns down Wednesday move

From BBC Sport

Tyson turns down Wednesday move

Wycombe striker Nathan Tyson has turned down a move to Sheffield Wednesday, despite the clubs agreeing a £700,000 fee for him.

Wednesday boss Paul Sturrock said: "We agreed a fee with Wycombe and Nathan came up for talks. But we didn't even get as far as personal terms with him.

"He seems to feel that Sheffield Wednesday is not the right club for him at this point in his career.

"He's got family in the south and I do feel that is a consideration for him."

Sturrock added: "I'm disappointed but the chairman, chief executive, the coaching staff and I will now sit down and plan our next victims.

"We'll have another go in the next few days and while we're all disappointed, we respect his decision."

Suppose it's good for other teams in the championship. But also shows he may be out of our price range!

Forest have put a bit in now - http://www.nottinghamforest.premiumtv.co.u...~732702,00.html

Nottingham Forest today confirmed they have made an offer for Wycombe striker Nathan Tyson.

The 23 year old has bagged 11 goals so far this season and is widely regarded as one of the most exciting prospects currently playing outside the Premiership.

Tyson, who earlier this week rejected the opportunity of a move to Sheffield Wednesday, has attracted the attention of a number of clubs and Forest have become the latest to express a firm interest.

Forest manager Gary Megson has been monitoring the progress of a host of players and, as part of the rebuilding process he has undertaken at The City Ground, is determined to strengthen his squad yet further.

Forest have made what the Club describe as a "substantial offer" for the former Reading man but have refused to reveal the exact details of the bid.

Tyson's goals have helped propel Wycombe to the top of the Coca-Cola League Two table.

It wont be long before a bigger championship team put a bid in for him i think hes just waiting for the best team to come in for him

It wont be long before a bigger championship team put a bid in for him i think hes just waiting for the best team to come in for him

Birmingham have reputedly agreed to sign him in the january window- so he'll be back in the championship next year by the look of it!

Archived