Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Fan

It's all going tits up for Forest......

Manager Gary Megson invited two fans into the dressing room to voice their frustrations after Nottingham Forest's dismal 3-0 defeat by Yeovil.

John Enever and Andrew Peel approached Megson and he allowed them to let off some steam after the match.

"We told him it was unacceptable and he said 'I completely agree with you - would you like to tell the players for yourselves?'," Enever told BBC Sport.

"We thought he was calling our bluff, but at the end of the game in we went."

Forest were trailing 2-0 to Yeovil at half-time when Enever and Peel spoke to Megson as he returned to the dugout after the interval.

The pair then followed Megson into the away dressing room and spoke to the players for five minutes.

"He asked us not to make it personal or abusive and we stuck to that. The players were shocked but we tried to keep it constructive," Enever told BBC Sport.

I felt it was important for the players to understand why the fans are getting upset

Nottingham Forest boss Gary Megson

"We said 'the majority of Forest fans genuinely want you and the manager to do well, but that's not going to happen without basic application'.

"Gary Megson phoned me on Monday to thank use for what we'd said. He said he agreed with us 110% and that he would use it as a foundation for the rest of the season."

Forest, European champions in 1979 and 1980, have dropped down the divisions in recent seasons and are currently 11th in League One.

Megson took over last season but was unable to prevent the club's relegation from the Championship.

"I decided to do it because I felt it was important for the players to understand what the supporters are thinking and why they are getting upset," said Megson.

"The supporters didn't rant and rave, they were very eloquent and sensible. The players listened and I didn't disagree with anything they said."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...est/4374226.stm

Saw an article on Sky Sports News last night. One of the guy's who went in to the dressing room was interviewed back at Yeovil's ground. The chap was very eloquent and would have spoken well in the dressing room. It shows how badly things are going when Megson say's that he could not disagree with anything the chaps said to the players.

I would like to think that I could display my passion for Leicester to the players during a half time team talk and would hope that some reaction would be given back.

Saw an article on Sky Sports News last night. One of the guy's who went in to the dressing room was interviewed back at Yeovil's ground. The chap was very eloquent and would have spoken well in the dressing room. It shows how badly things are going when Megson say's that he could not disagree with anything the chaps said to the players.

I would like to think that I could display my passion for Leicester to the players during a half time team talk and would hope that some reaction would be given back.

Mine would just involve throwing a teacup at Gareth Williams and storming out lol

Mine would just involve throwing a teacup at Gareth Williams and storming out lol

Just a teacup?! I'd bloody throw a few heavy textbooks and some training cones at him, not to mention kick some boots on his face! lol

Just a teacup?! I'd bloody throw a few heavy textbooks and some training cones at him, not to mention kick some boots on his face! lol

Got to ration the weapons, Anish.

I've got to have some ammo left for Momo Sylla,Kisnorbo and Gilbert :devil:

Archived