Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Canero to USA?

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=96811

After deciding Dundee was a better opportunity than to fight at City, now he could be on his way to New York.

Good luck to the fella, although he seems to have completely lost the plot if he's thinking that Noo Yoik is the best thing for his career. If he got homesick in Leicester, why go another 3,000 miles? You do get bigger portions at McDonalds over there, however.

I wonder if he regrets leaving Killie who, by all accounts, are a decent side these days?

Good luck to the fella, although he seems to have completely lost the plot if he's thinking that Noo Yoik is the best thing for his career.

Perhaps not for his career, but for his bank balance?

If he got homesick in Leicester, why go another 3,000 miles? You do get bigger portions at McDonalds over there, however.

Why, is he a regular there? I would have not thought so...

Not a bad little article--it's got all its facts straight.

However, none of the writers that cover Metro here have mentioned this Canero rumor, nor has the editor of MetroFanatic.com, who's usually three steps ahead of the rest of the fans when rumors like these develop.

Also, I'd bet on Mo Johnston not returning next year--team general manager Alexi Lalas has recently said that he's looking to bring in a "big-name, foreign" coach for next season and Johnston doesn't seem to be getting along with Lalas (although I'm sure he'd stay as head coach if offered the job).

We'll wait and see.

Not necesarilly, American sports all have salary caps and the highest paid players are on nothing compared to ours!

MLS has a slary cap of $1.8 million per season. That is for a squad of 20ish. Unless you are the Metros or LA in which case it doesnt apply to you as they are whingey gits.

If Canero comes over he will be lucky to get $100k.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/socc...ls.salaries.sa/

Bear in mind these are slightly out of date but you get the idea.

Not necesarilly, American sports all have salary caps

All do except for baseball.

and the highest paid players are on nothing compared to ours!

In regards to soccer, yes, but not in the big American sports. Roy Keane's infamous contract is worth #100,000/week, right? That's about US $9,000,000/year. I'd guess that there are about 70 players in Major League Baseball that have annual salaries that are equal to or higher than Keano's (probably about 8 percent of the league). New York Yankees 3rd baseman Alex Rodriguez makes about US $22 million per year. I think about the same percentage of NBA players makes salaries that equal or top Keane's.

Those numbers blow MLS salaries away. No player in MLS makes US $1 million/year. As placidcasual said, Canero would have to consider himself extremely lucky if he signed a deal worth more than $100,000/year--about #1,200/week. I don't think he wants to make the move to help pay for his new seaside estate in Antigua, it's just that nobody else wants his lazy ass so he's got to try to find a team somewhere. And as for the "whingy gits" comment, 1) LA gets away with the huge Donovan salary because Donovan is the crybaby and the league would do anything to coddle him and 2) Metro has a very young roster, most of their players aren't even on 50K/year, Guevara, Djorkaeff and Galvan Rey all may leave and a few of their other veterans will have to take pay cuts, so they have no worries of pushing the salary cap limit in 2006.

Archived