Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Have your say on VAR

We hope everyone on this thread has completed or will do the survey, the last section gives the opportunity to make individual points (although they are more difficult to summarise) it would be interesting if any consistent themes occur from completing that section

Edited by Foxes_Trust

I don’t think VAR is worth it in its current form - I’m not bothered if the other team scores when they’re 0.2mm millimetres offside , some go for you and some don’t and I was fine with that. The glaring mistakes obviously not, but with the law as it is, you can’t ignore one and not the other because it’s less obvious.

offsides are the biggest issue for me - it was never meant to be this closely scrutinised when the law was written - football is just so over analysed as a whole now. The law should be changed - football has become so tedious this year. Yes, you can argue that by the letter of the law, more correct decisions have been made. But it’s completely unenjoyable, was it worth it?

I don't think the offside law can change. You can forever keep changing the yardsticks for offside and we will keep having the same level of debate or controversy with VAR taking that yardstick to the finest detail. Rather I'd like to see football use VAR in a similar way to cricket, where the linesman makes the decision and VAR only overrules if it is clear and obvious which could be if the whole players body is offside. The clear and obvious bit of the law just needs to be defined more. 

The handball and penalty decisions are much more controversial but again the issue is down to human interpretation of the technology. The lack of consistency is quite alarming but we had the same without VAR, but if there was something that I'd hope to enhance with technology it would be to improve consistency on these types of decisions. 

• Like 1