Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Why football is facing major change, despite 'toxicity' of Project Big Picture plan

46 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think culturally and sport wise that we're very different to Americans. I think the average Liverpool or Manchester City fan would miss domestic football,

I'm pretty sure their plan for a Euro Super League does not mean them leaving the PL rather that it replaces the Champions League which becomes a virtual closed shop.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

The Nations League is a total flop. This will go the same way.   I really cannot see how say a Leicester fan will pay Sky or BT anything to watch Arsenal V Porto. I personally would not bother watching a free stream of that match-up ! 

After 1 year of novelty value, this will fail.

It makes me smile when they advertise up coming games during matches. Last night in our game they were advertising the weekends games on BT and I'm sitting there thinking how many ManU/City fans will be watching this and how many LCFC and Zorya fans will be making a note to watch this game?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, davieG said:

I'm pretty sure their plan for a Euro Super League does not mean them leaving the PL rather that it replaces the Champions League which becomes a virtual closed shop.

In that case I've misunderstood it. Early doors a few years ago when first muted, it was supposedly going to be a full breakaway. I think there's a long way to go yet.

31 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

In that case I've misunderstood it. Early doors a few years ago when first muted, it was supposedly going to be a full breakaway. I think there's a long way to go yet.

Well I wouldn't put my house on it but I think that's what they put in their 'Big Picture' and their reasons for reducing the PL to 18, dumping the Community Shield, FL Cup and minimising the FA Cup.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, davieG said:

Well I wouldn't put my house on it but I think that's what they put in their 'Big Picture' and their reasons for reducing the PL to 18, dumping the Community Shield, FL Cup and minimising the FA Cup.

Bloody terrible really isn't it! Utterly selfish. Perhaps the rest should vote to boot them out the Premiership and if they wanted to return they'd have to start in the Championship 🤣🤣

• Like 1

14 hours ago, davieG said:

But with the NFL draft system and what seems like a more equitable sharing of revenue there's more of a level playing field. These 'top' European Teams are sucking in all the income which enables them to attract all the best players it's about as uneven as you could possible make it already and they now want more!

It’s uneven when they play against burnley. But the disparity resolves itself quite a bit when you’re playing Real Madrid. They want more because it’s a business to them. Why shouldn’t they want more? You have a system of sport that rewards the winning teams by promoting them to more profitable competitions and relegating the losing teams to a tier with less money and less attention, yet you are shocked and appalled when those teams use that wealth to protect their position and fight tooth and nail to keep anyone else away from it? I love the promotion/relegation system because it makes everything more real. In theory, the teams all have to fight for survival and so they fight harder. But a side effect of that system is that the biggest teams eventually have the ability to dominate and get whatever they want because they’ve been rewarded with the money to do it. The greed that is being clearly displayed is a natural reaction to a system that allows itself to be taken advantage of. 

On 03/12/2020 at 20:20, Webbo said:

fck em. Let them piss off to a European super league. Let's see how happy they are when they're mid table every year.

That argument is becoming tired for certain clubs.Arsenal haven’t won anything significant apart from FA Cups for years now.Getting on towards a generation,Yet fans still flock to support them.So nothing has changed.Repeat for Spurs,though they are a club on the up.