Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hejammy

Whatsapp/Facebook

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

What happens when Signal ends up getting bought out by a big tech company? Is it just going to be an everlasting cycle now?

Pretty much unless our governments around the world put peoples privacy first and force big tech to give us options to opt in or opt out of collecting our data. Highly unlikely to happen given they want to know what  we do as well.

I would gladly pay a yearly fee to use whatsapp if I knew (and it was confirmed on a regular basis by ethical hackers via audits or something) that my data was not being collected.  If whatsapp could offer a free version whereby you accept to their data collection policies then perhaps that's an option for others who don't care or can't afford to pay for apps. I understand you could also look at that and say why do those who can't afford to pay not have options. I understand that too and perhaps there is a way around that. Maybe limited functionality or who knows. Someone smarter than me can figure it all out lol

For me,  the best option  will always be to allow people to choose. Whatsapp is but the other option is not really a great one for many.

Time for BBM to come back? Let me drive over to waterloo and see what Blackberry are up to. Be back in an hour lol.