Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bryn

12 years ago today...

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I wasn't comparing. But these players also contributed to us, just at different levels. Hobbs/Morrison were superb for us.

Dyer is a hero, I proudly sang his name away at Burton last season.

All of them made us proud to support LCFC again.

I get you. I know the likes of Fryatt and Hume aren't Vardy or Mahrez quality but they were the bright sparks that gave it all for us when that was our level. And let's face it, long before King Power came in, that was our level after so much mismanagement. 

Edited by LC/FC

On 20/01/2021 at 16:34, bovril said:

We overrated players in that team because of the dross we'd got used to. Case in point being Matt Fryatt who doesn't have a great record above the 3rd tier. As others have said, Pearson did a great job getting the team to 5th in the Championship.

Sometimes we kind of do the opposite now where after being spoilt for years we underestimate just how good some of our current players are. 

I remember Matty Fryatt being absolutely superb in the first half of the 09-10 season before getting his jaw broken vs Doncaster and missing virtually the entire 2nd half of the season.

He was creating goals as well as scoring them. Easily could have got 20 league goals that season had it not been for injury the way he was playing.

He also got 16 league goals in a Championship season for Hull which isn't bad at all.

Like Hobbs, Forest killed his career though. I think he even considered legal action against them.

Edited by Sampson