Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milky

Simon Grayson the manager?

Grayson should be regarded as one of City's best players in the last 25 years.

He was a good solid Defender who only left to join Villa for a £1.3 million profit after playing for us for six very successful and enjoyable seasons, which included 2 promotions.(and relegations) :whistle:

I admit he's not a Legend but we could do with a few players with his attitude now in our Midfield!

Grayson should be regarded as one of City's best players in the last 25 years.

He was a good solid Defender who only left to join Villa for a £1.3 million profit after playing for us for six very successful and enjoyable seasons, which included 2 promotions.(and relegations) :whistle:

I admit he's not a Legend but we could do with a few players with his attitude now in our Midfield!

I certainly won't be! He might have been at this club for a number of years and in his last season showed that he actually could be a footballer, but most players show that straight away and not take 6 years to do it. One of the best players in the past 25 years? You've obviously not been spoilt with much success from City players in the past then? :D

I certainly won't be! He might have been at this club for a number of years and in his last season showed that he actually could be a footballer, but most players show that straight away and not take 6 years to do it. One of the best players in the past 25 years? You've obviously not been spoilt with much success from City players in the past then? :D

How many City players do you know who have played in 4 play-off finals

and been voted player of the season twice?

No mean feat when you consider the players in the squad at the time!

How many City players do you know who have played in 4 play-off finals

and been voted player of the season twice?

No mean feat when you consider the players in the squad at the time!

I'm just going on my opinion of him and I thought he was a poor footballer. How the hell he got Player of the season once, let alone twice is beggar's belief. Time is a great healer but I still remember how bad he was, he's up there with Andy Impey for the most inept footballer who continued to play week in, week out during a quite successfull spell for Leicester City.

I'm just going on my opinion of him and I thought he was a poor footballer. How the hell he got Player of the season once, let alone twice is beggar's belief. Time is a great healer but I still remember how bad he was, he's up there with Andy Impey for the most inept footballer who continued to play week in, week out during a quite successfull spell for Leicester City.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/TheFACup/New...ool_Preview.htm

I believed you, but I still don't know how he got 2 player of the year awards, they certainly can't have been decided on by the fans as I recall he wasn't that well liked at the time. I remember a number of occasions when fans would be out of their seat shouting abuse at Grayson, but when you look back on his career and look at the stats it does indicate he had a great career here, which is far from the truth if you ask me.

I believed you, but I still don't know how he got 2 player of the year awards, they certainly can't have been decided on by the fans as I recall he wasn't that well liked at the time. I remember a number of occasions when fans would be out of their seat shouting abuse at Grayson, but when you look back on his career and look at the stats it does indicate he had a great career here, which is far from the truth if you ask me.

I don't doubt you did. I just thought you'd find that interesting :thumbup:

It does show how subjective football is though, doesn't it?

I don't doubt you did. I just thought you'd find that interesting :thumbup:

It does show how subjective football is though, doesn't it?

It does! In a several years time aswell when people look back on Grayson's career it will be noted down that he was actually relatively successful and fair play to the chap. One thing you can't take away from him is the hard work he put in, he strived to improve and eventually he did. I still can't forget how frustrating he could be but to be fair his last season with us was solid enough and that's at premiership level which is no mean feat.

Consistently solid, reliable and committed. That was what was required of him and that's what he delivered. How often did MON use people to the very best of their strengths, just like his erstwhile mentor Brian Clough.

I wish Levein could do the same. I'll be more than interested to see the effect of his "forwards focus" over the last fortnight but up to now he doesn't seem to get the best out of attackers in the way he does defenders.

Indeed. we seem to have two parts of the same team...the defensive part which is fine and the attacking part which is not.

Sadly there seems to be no natural linkage between them. The reasons why seem pronounced to me - and to others - but not to the manager.

We need attacking defenders and midfield players who can pass the ball accurately either to feet or into spaces which our players are running into and who will themselves continue to join/back up the attack. This barely happens at all either in open play or from dead ball situations.

Unless changes are made we will continue to have a season made up predominantly 0-0's, 1-0's and endless dour draws?

Archived