Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milky

Simon Grayson the manager?

Simon Grayson has just won his first game in charge at blackpool 5-2!

has the leicester great got what it takes? or was it just one of those occasions of players stepping up performance to impress a new man. will it last? i hope it does.

has the leicester great got what it takes? or was it just one of those occasions of players stepping up performance to impress a new man. will it last? i hope it does.

Good luck to him, they were losin 2-1 the last i saw!! Good come back! :thumbup:

The sending off of the S****horpe captain after half an hour affected the game completly. But it is still nice to see Larry doing well. My blackpool supporting flatmate was very happy with the whole thing. I just wish Leicester would knock five past someone soon

just because the oppo go down to 10 men doesn't automatically = a caining. we'e seen it many times before that it can be difficult against 10. fair play for netting 5, i don't think we would do that against 10, though we did manage 4 against stoke, but stoke did actually give us a scare when they scored with the 10. oh well, who cares.

A good result, and I hope Larry has a successful career as a manager ahead of him. If he does, I hope he doesn't forget us!!

As if he would dare forget you Lisa ! :smile: But yes , I hope he does well , I am sure he would see a warm welcome back at the Walkers if he came visiting again.

I remember Teeno accosting him at one away game last season. Think it might have been the Charlton game but I could be talking sh it.

It was Blackburn!!

As if he would dare forget you Lisa ! :smile: But yes , I hope he does well , I am sure he would see a warm welcome back at the Walkers if he came visiting again.

:o Me? Do you know something I don't?

Come on. Let's not devalue the name "legend". Simon was an honest-to-goodness footballer. Played generally alright for Leicester. But he was never a legend. Might become one as a manager. We'll wait and see. But people like MON, Steve Walsh, Steve Claridge, Peter Shilton, Gordon Banks, Davie Gibson and a few others were legends.

Simon Grayson, nothing against him at all and all cheers and clapping if he returns, but he was just a decent player. He was never a legend.

Best of luck to him, though as a manager (except when he's playing us).

Come on. Let's not devalue the name "legend". Simon was an honest-to-goodness footballer. Played generally alright for Leicester. But he was never a legend. Might become one as a manager. We'll wait and see. But people like MON, Steve Walsh, Steve Claridge, Peter Shilton, Gordon Banks, Davie Gibson and a few others were legends.

Simon Grayson, nothing against him at all and all cheers and clapping if he returns, but he was just a decent player. He was never a legend.

Best of luck to him, though as a manager (except when he's playing us).

I'm glad someone's finally said it. :huh: A good clogger in his day. He could run about, tackle quite well, and send an aimless 50 yard pass into touch with ease, like any good LCFC centre/full-back player should be able to.

Quite a hard man too, which made him popular.

I'm glad someone's finally said it. :huh: A good clogger in his day. He could run about, tackle quite well, and send an aimless 50 yard pass into touch with ease, like any good LCFC centre/full-back player should be able to.

Quite a hard man too, which made him popular.

He was shocking when he first come!

However under the god like handling of Martin! The boy come good!

An didn't we sell him for a couple of million! Good business that as i think we paid a pitance for him?

Steady but never a legend!

There is of course a chance I'm talking complete sh ite.

Think we sold him for £1.25 mill.

He was out of contract and a decent offer from Villa came in which was (I assume) more than MON offered., I think at the end of the 1996/7 sesaon when he was easily our most improved player, went from being a carthorse to looking like a decent defender. The way BL described it, him and Doug Ellis had been very impressed by the way he played at the Coca-Cola final then a few weeks later BL saw him on the list of out-of-contract players that gets circulated so he got on the phone and the deed was done. It was just before Bosman kicked in so we got a fee. I think it is a real shame he left because he was doing the job MON wanted him to in the side and making a great contribution, and to be honest his career never really hit the same heights again, he was never a regular at Villa once BL left and he has never settled anywhere else.

I remember his goal in the Semi. I think it was the 3rd Goal of his entire career!

Simon

Tell you what. Judging by his popularity with Blackpool Reserves and the way he got them playing some proper football he might be a decent long shot bet as a future City manager.

There are many such people who love their football but never had the silky skills to ever become a top star. But, given the chance as managers, they'll work endless hours to stay in the limelight they would have liked but which was usually going to pass them, by on the pitch.

I wish him all the good luck going - especially if he ever comes here.

Grayson was a dreadful footballer but it just shows what a genius Martin O'Neill was. He turned a person who I wouldn't even class as a footballer in to a never say die battler who got results on the pitch when he played. £1.25 million was another robbery in football, but we never got caught. Martin O'Neill - The biggest blagger and thief in football.

He got £1.5 million for Joachim when he'd not had a good game for a year or so. £1.25 million for Grayson which was daylight robbery. £11 million for Emile Heskey, the biggest heist of them all. There were a few other 'jobs' he did aswell and never got caught. Now he's a LEGEND not Grayson.

Archived