Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tommy

Guus Hiddink

Australia coach Guus Hiddink is emerging as a possible contender to replace Sven-Goran Eriksson as England coach. (Daily Star)

Ok, so its from the Daily Star, but if it were to become true, or to remain as just speculation ( which I think it is), what would you think to this?

He's one of the all time greats in my book of managers. He's achieved results pretty much everywhere. Bringing South Korea to the semi's of a world cup is absolutely extraordinary and he's been as good since with PSV and now Australia...

I'd rather an English manager do it.

Allardyce, McLaren, Curbishley, Pearce, Hoddle, Jewell + Pardew would all be good choices.

I wouldn't mind Boothroyd or Newell.

Of course, I wouldn't mind O'Neill either :D

But not Taylor!

:blink:

Allardyce - his acheivements speak for themselves.

Hoddle - Attacking play. Didn't do too bad first time round.

Pardew - I guess you haven't seen any West Ham performances this year then? He's a good attacking minded manager

Boothroyd - ditto Pardew

Newell - ditto Pardew and Boothroyd, plus he would motivate the players well!

If your good enough, you're experienced enough ;)

Since when. Newell and Boothroyd manage in the Championship, its hell of a step up from there to the Premiership, as we have found out on several occasions. Its then an even further step up from the Premiership to international level. I don't think that Newell and Boothroyd would be able to cut it, they are more suitable managing at the level they are now.

He's one of the all time greats in my book of managers. He's achieved results pretty much everywhere. Bringing South Korea to the semi's of a world cup is absolutely extraordinary and he's been as good since with PSV and now Australia...

His sides are effective without playing the best football. :huh::unsure::whistle::ph34r:

Archived