Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gené and Tonic

Are you looking forward to any of Leicester's games?

Me neither.

It's hard to believe that one game this season we scored four goals.

Four goals in 90 minutes. That would take us 90 games now.

On the plus side, we'd only let in 90 goals in those 90 games, losing all but four of them one nil and scraping a draw in four 'difficult' games 1-1

Me neither.

It's hard to believe that one game this season we scored four goals.

Four goals in 90 minutes. That would take us 90 games now.

On the plus side, we'd only let in 90 goals in those 90 games, losing all but four of them one nil and scraping a draw in four 'difficult' games 1-1

Yeah. The number of games we lose by the only goal or stutter to a low-score draw makes a really good case for the keep it tight brigade!. The facts are we're two points above the relegation spots and playing lousy football.

Anyway it's all going to change in my view unless Levein is in suicide mode because it'll only take a 10 per cent swing now and Levein will have more fans wanting him out than wanting him to carry on.

What would you do in that position?

Well I might try listening for a start. I'd reload the team with the accent on attack and I'd try (properly) to score some goals.

That doesn't mean I'd play gung ho football. Levein's instilled some sound principles into the deefensive psyche and there's no need to waste em. But we have to have defenders who can attack (and we've got them) and we have to have midfielders who can pass the ball forwards - and accurately.

Finally there's all that attacking practice. There was evidence of a greater willingness to shoot against Burnley - and if they can develop that to shooting on target it would help.

But there's really got to be a bit of devil and a bit of imagination. Much of the work should centre on pass and move skills...work that creates space. He might also develop various ploys for when Smith is being double banked by markers.

When that happens there must be space available - so long as we're not still playing four against one at the back. We have to push up again...and the only way we can do that successfully is with our fit, fast, young full-backs working on a pivot.

Archived