Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxyPV

ADHD

1 hour ago, marbles said:

Good lord.  Why does it take so long to have someone checked?

It’s not good enough, you have to battle every step of the way. At times you’ll get rejected and have to appeal (we were told that they’ll often reject applications as a lot of people won’t come back so it shortens the list). Each step is such a long process, 2/3 years to get my lad diagnosed, we were recommended an educational healthcare plan, applied and rejected despite his report stating he needs it. Was recommended that he needs medication, you’d expect then that it’s a simple process of someone prescribing them to him, no, we had to wait for over a year, this was all while his exams were looming so we were desperate to get them before then. The appointment then got cancelled as the person we were seeing was off ill so we had to wait another 3 months for the prescription. I think the services are generally underfunded and undermanned.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

It’s not good enough, you have to battle every step of the way. At times you’ll get rejected and have to appeal (we were told that they’ll often reject applications as a lot of people won’t come back so it shortens the list). Each step is such a long process, 2/3 years to get my lad diagnosed, we were recommended an educational healthcare plan, applied and rejected despite his report stating he needs it. Was recommended that he needs medication, you’d expect then that it’s a simple process of someone prescribing them to him, no, we had to wait for over a year, this was all while his exams were looming so we were desperate to get them before then. The appointment then got cancelled as the person we were seeing was off ill so we had to wait another 3 months for the prescription. I think the services are generally underfunded and undermanned.

Totally agree. The system does seem broken. 

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, FLAN said:

Hi @Vlad the Foxdid you use these guys?

No not in the end/yet. My daughter has had an appointment with cahms, and we’re trying to get her education sorted, there’s a lot in the pipeline but nothing moving fast. 

My wife did say that adhd and autism 360 are meant to be one of the more reputable ones however. She’s the one who’s really clued up on this and is the one fighting for things for my daughter and son.