Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cobbo

Hume hungry for tomato soup

Hume Hungry For Goals

All Iain Hume wants is a goal - and he doesn't care how it comes about as long as he sees the ball nestle into the back of the opponents' net.

The Canadian international striker has helped himself to just one goal so far following his move from Tranmere Rovers back in August.

Hume bagged in the 1-1 at local rivals Derby County last month but the 22-year-old is confident that more will follow sooner rather than later.

He said: "If anyone has watched some of the games that I have played in then they will have seen that I have hit posts and have had keepers pull off great saves.

"It's just one of those things. I just need one to hit me on the back of the head, bounce off my thigh or something stupid. I need a goal to get me going again.

"After the Derby match we had an international break which kind of took the wind out of my sails a bit, but hopefully if I can get involved again against Watford tonight then I can add to my tally."

Hume was a part of the side who returned from Vicarage Road with a deserved 2-1 victory last month.

He hit the post late on in that game and added: "The Watford line-up is pretty much the same as it was when we faced them last month apart from a couple of players so we know what we are going to be up against.

"But we have already beaten them so we will be going into the match full of confidence.

"We know that we are playing well in defence and midfield, it is now just a case of our strikers being more ruthless and scoring more goals and that includes me.

"Mark (de Vries) has got eight goals but the next player down the list is Joey Gudjonsson with two. As a striker that is not what you want to see.

"We lacked a bit of ruthlessness in front of goal against Burnley but hopefully we can put that right against Watford."

Hume was on target however for Canada last week when his 69th minute strike handed his country a 1-0 victory over Luxembourg.

"It was a poor game if I am honest but my first international goal means the world to me.

"My international career is up there for me. I want to play as many games for Canada as I possibly can.

"I love playing for them and hopefully I can continue doing just that for years to come."

OS

I think it's what we all bloody want chum!

I like Hume and I think he will be a quality player, if not for us then another team. He has all the attributes to be a successful player. I also think people underestimate how good he is as a striker and once he gets a few goals he'll be a handful. If we give him the right service then he'll score goals for us, i'd even say he's more direct than Connolly was. Connolly often drifted out wide and that meant he'd miss out when the ball came in to the box, but Hume is equally as good at dropping deep and running at defences or staying on the shoulder of the defender and breaking free.

Don't rule Hume out as a striker, he's far more natural up there than in midfield I think. If he can score from 30 yards then he should find it just as easy to score from shorter distances aswell.

Let's get behind the lad (support wise) and make him know how much we love him.

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUME

I like Hume and I think he will be a quality player, if not for us then another team. He has all the attributes to be a successful player. I also think people underestimate how good he is as a striker and once he gets a few goals he'll be a handful. If we give him the right service then he'll score goals for us, i'd even say he's more direct than Connolly was. Connolly often drifted out wide and that meant he'd miss out when the ball came in to the box, but Hume is equally as good at dropping deep and running at defences or staying on the shoulder of the defender and breaking free.

Don't rule Hume out as a striker, he's far more natural up there than in midfield I think. If he can score from 30 yards then he should find it just as easy to score from shorter distances aswell.

Let's get behind the lad (support wise) and make him know how much we love him.

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUME

Right from the start I think you've seen Hume as a striker and I've seen him as better coming from the hole just behind the strikers - but whatever, the situation at City is that we have to do what's best with what we've got.

And right now we haven't got anyone scoring goals.

Hume is too good a player to leave out and is the one potential scorer who has never really been given a chance up front (apart from Chambers) and I don't understand it.

Even in the limited time he's played he always looks busy and dangerous. His movement causes endless problems for defenders and he links well with others.

He needs to play and he'll certainly have my backing wherever they put him.

Right from the start I think you've seen Hume as a striker and I've seen him as better coming from the hole just behind the strikers - but whatever, the situation at City is that we have to do what's best with what we've got.

And right now we haven't got anyone scoring goals.

Hume is too good a player to leave out and is the one potential scorer who has never really been given a chance up front (apart from Chambers) and I don't understand it.

Even in the limited time he's played he always looks busy and dangerous. His movement causes endless problems for defenders and he links well with others.

He needs to play and he'll certainly have my backing wherever they put him.

I don't think he's a centre forward but in this day and age attackers aren't the old stereotypical striker they used to be. It also depends on what formation the team plays. Hume plays a little bit like Rooney in that he comfortably drops deep one minute then the next he'll be in the thick of it in the box and he loves it. He doesn't look lost upfront and played alongside the right sort of centre forward he should be great for us. I think he's got the potential to score 15-20 goals a season and we need to make him our number 1 striker and let him have a dozen or so games to settle him down.

I don't think he's a centre forward but in this day and age attackers aren't the old stereotypical striker they used to be. It also depends on what formation the team plays. Hume plays a little bit like Rooney in that he comfortably drops deep one minute then the next he'll be in the thick of it in the box and he loves it. He doesn't look lost upfront and played alongside the right sort of centre forward he should be great for us. I think he's got the potential to score 15-20 goals a season and we need to make him our number 1 striker and let him have a dozen or so games to settle him down.

Sounds alright to me. Any chance we could start tonight?

Hume ought to be playing every game atleast until we get another striker. Just for the plain fact that we have very few other options. I think he would have more success if we played to his strengths!!

Archived