Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AjcW

EFL Cup 22/23

17 hours ago, Raj said:

You should be proud and keep the support up for your club.

Alot of fans, probably including me will no doubt give you all stuck for the regime of your owners, but it's not your fault and you'll be there longer than them and will be there longer too.

Aye, the owners deserve nothing but opprobrium, but digging out the fans for supporting their team is an odd choice. I'm mates with a Man Utd fan and he was baffled by the scenes in Trafalgar square until I reminded him that, for us, a Cup Final is a rarity. So thousands travelled without tickets, just to soak up the atmosphere in the capital. 

I'm sure if the vile owners get what they want and we become as successful as possible, some fans will become jaded by a League Cup Final, but until that day comes the majority of the Newcastle fanbase will be giddy as schoolkids any time we get a sniff of silverware.