Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AjcW

EFL Cup 22/23

7 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

Amanda Staveleys a right weirdo 

Comes across as slightly fake.

Am sure she's all smiles in front of the cameras, but wouldn't be surprised at all if she's pretty stern away from it..

Edited by Wymsey

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

I didn't see much wrong with it but they are piling on on twitter.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Is that it lol

I felt the same when I saw it, seems like its strange people who dislike Newcastle are trying to find any odd thing to sling at them

19 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

@TheFish A good evening to you sir.image.thumb.jpeg.f99facca4d62e70b0d89a3f6a0d03e4e.jpeg

Wasn't to be. After getting over the initial disappointment I can't help but be proud of the team and the fans that was still singing in the 80th minute at 2-0 down. 

Goes to show the difference between the elite teams and us, we had a lot of the ball, played some good stuff but only really tested De Gea twice. But their experience, their quality shone through at the right moments. They scored from an excellent set piece and a deflection, but I don't feel robbed or owt. Casemiro epitomises the difference, he's a player so used to winning he knows exactly how to play the game and not the occasion. Ten Hag had the strength in depth to deal with our specific threats by swapping Dalot for Wan Bissaka. Howe was still relying on Murphy and Ritchie from the bench. 

The positives are; this is the first full season after the takeover and we're way ahead of schedule, we didn't meekly roll over and accept defeat as we did in our last domestic finals (cough 20yrs ago cough), and I doubt we'll be waiting another 20yrs before another Cup Final appearance at Wembley.

Had to laugh at the Man Utd fans celebrating the end of their 'drought', mind you. Six whole years, the poor lambs. 

20 minutes ago, TheFish said:

Wasn't to be. After getting over the initial disappointment I can't help but be proud of the team and the fans that was still singing in the 80th minute at 2-0 down. 

Goes to show the difference between the elite teams and us, we had a lot of the ball, played some good stuff but only really tested De Gea twice. But their experience, their quality shone through at the right moments. They scored from an excellent set piece and a deflection, but I don't feel robbed or owt. Casemiro epitomises the difference, he's a player so used to winning he knows exactly how to play the game and not the occasion. Ten Hag had the strength in depth to deal with our specific threats by swapping Dalot for Wan Bissaka. Howe was still relying on Murphy and Ritchie from the bench. 

The positives are; this is the first full season after the takeover and we're way ahead of schedule, we didn't meekly roll over and accept defeat as we did in our last domestic finals (cough 20yrs ago cough), and I doubt we'll be waiting another 20yrs before another Cup Final appearance at Wembley.

Had to laugh at the Man Utd fans celebrating the end of their 'drought', mind you. Six whole years, the poor lambs. 

19 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Good to see Newcastle making a late bid to Forest for the ‘we lost but we stayed until the end and made some noise’ trophy 

Knew that was coming 

4 hours ago, TheFish said:

Sorry, I'm a bit lost. I shouldn't be proud of the atmosphere that Newcastle fans created? Even though we were, at that point, surely going home empty handed?

You should be proud and keep the support up for your club.

Alot of fans, probably including me will no doubt give you all stuck for the regime of your owners, but it's not your fault and you'll be there longer than them and will be there longer too.

• Like 1