Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
gagandeep

how to run a club

i read this article on sunderlands website.

McCarthy said: "He is another young lad I have had watched in the past year and who I have watched myself in the reserves. I've seen him on a number of occasions and always liked him.

"Short-term, all of the lads I have signed could go straight into the team, I have no doubt about that. But I'm also laying the foundations for the next three or four years.

"I could still play a very experienced team, but I am quite excited about the young lads I have been able to bring to the club this summer."

this is the way to run a club, not signing old players, laying the foundations for 3.4 years. after reading that i think connoly will probably go to sunderland.

this is the link http://www.sunderlandtoday.co.uk/ViewArtic...rticleID=824538

If McCarthy is such a fan of youth why isn't Piper in his starting eleven,Ok he's been injured a lot but when he was fit Piper was rarely used only as a sub.

Towards the end of last season Piper was on the bench after injury because he hadn't played 2 games back to back for about 2years and needed breaking in. From what I've read McCarthy is a very big fan of Piper.

It seems strange to me that McCarthy is trying to sign Connolly when he had Smith who I thought was a similar player and IMO equally as good.Maybe because he's Irish.McCarthy for me is a long ball manager,Sunderland seemed to pump the ball up to Kyle all the time when I watched them,OK MA isn't adverse to the 'hoof' either but hopefully we will try and keep it down a little more this season.As regards age I'm really not that bothered but we need to either buy potential or bring some through because like it or not we will always have to sell players and at the moment we have very few players who are going to bring in any transfer funds,who would you say is worth the most money out of the current squad? Scowcroft....I think that speaks volumes.I think Tiatto is a good signing,Dublin for a season or 2 fine but Wilcox?and surely Pressman was some kind of joke?or maybe the old pals act had something to do with it,wasn't Shirtliff at Sheff Wed with him?I just see no point in signing him,if he's only there to play 2 or 3 games then why not Logan and if Walker got injured then get someone in on loan.

Bent was one of our highest earners last year.

If you took someone like Sullivan say on loan for two months nxt season, he'd probably cost us as much as Pressman is for the year.

Pressman looked okay today. As I said before, one fabulous save. He'll contribute in terms of coaching etc too.

He'll be good for us.

seems the same people who moan about one year contracts and in built clauses are arguing the case for taking on mercenaries through the loan system.

Plus, it's okay McCarthy talking a good game bit Mickey has achieved more in club management. He walks the talk.

I think Micky has forgot about the loan system, look how well Bent worked out for us last season. Wheres our loanees for this season? Nowhere to be seen!  :ph34r:  :blink:  :angry:

remember how late on we got Bent...

hopefully do the same this year :)

I think Micky has forgot about the loan system, look how well Bent worked out for us last season. Wheres our loanees for this season? Nowhere to be seen!  :ph34r:  :blink:  :angry:

I don't think Everton will let him go...... ;)

Shat it you :angry:

;)

you know what I meant...

Shat it you :angry:

;)

you know what I meant...

Yer. :lol: :ph34r:

i read this article on sunderlands website.
McCarthy said: "He is another young lad I have had watched in the past year and who I have watched myself in the reserves. I've seen him on a number of occasions and always liked him.

"Short-term, all of the lads I have signed could go straight into the team, I have no doubt about that. But I'm also laying the foundations for the next three or four years.

"I could still play a very experienced team, but I am quite excited about the young lads I have been able to bring to the club this summer."

this is the way to run a club, not signing old players, laying the foundations for 3.4 years. after reading that i think connoly will probably go to sunderland.

this is the link http://www.sunderlandtoday.co.uk/ViewArtic...rticleID=824538

Your talking crap.... do you know how many yougsters we already have in the squad. If we hadnt signed the older players you would only of had nalis, elliot and walker over 30!!!!!!!!!

Plus, just cus you sign a young player it doesnt mean hes any better than a 31 year old.

We have a good mix.....

Archived