Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AFC

** Ryan Smith **

Pires' pass to Henry yesterday anyone. :whistle:

Smith has been outstanding in the last couple of games but the standard of this division is shocking. He has a lot to prove if he is to make it at Arsenal but there is certainly evidence that he has the ability to do so. Lets hope we are first in line if he doesn't.

BY THE WAY HE HAS BEEN PLAYING FOR US.. IT ISNT JUST LIKE HE IS HERE TO EARN ONEY ITS LIKE HE REALLY WANNA PLAY SO I BET HE LIKES IT HERE ;) N WHEN HE SCORED HE WAS WELL HAPPY - soz about caps :(

Thats a bit harsh Jay.. Seriously if you're good enough you'll play simple as that.. The trouble is players like Bently and Pennant had alot of hype but ultimately they were'nt good enough.. Ashley Cole quite clearly was and Smith also has the lot.. Wenger always looks at attitude as well as talent.. The only player I believe that could have done a job for us, was Sidwell, but ultimately he isn't as talented as Cesc!

it's harsh but probably true!!!!!

in close to 10years Wenger has only managed to bring through one English player in Ashley Cole if your acadamy is really that poor especially for one of the top 2 premiership sides over that time then you should sack them all!!! players need games to progress and Wenger will not offer them that option

I see him as the natural replacement for Pires/Ljungberg.I know wenger rates Smith very very very highly...In fact he said was too good to play for the reserves (he must be good,cause our reserves would finish mid-table premiership easily)

Would be interested to know how he compares to walcott from southampton ?? Here many people rate Ryan Smith higher ?? Is he future england material ??

Unfortunately for you i see Smith coming back from his loan spell at the end of the season....so enjoy !!

Good luck for the rest of the season !!!!!!!!

Personally Smith is the best player in this league by a country mile. Forget Theo Walcott who was totally overshadowed by Smith when we played them a few weeks ago and to be honest it was a fairly quiet performance from Smith that game aswell.

This lad is the real deal and he's playing in a pretty poor team to be fair at Leicester. We do have the talent to be a top 6 team but haven't showed it, but Smith has been outstanding for 99% of his time here and has given me more happy memories in 2 months than any Leicester player has since Stan Collymore.

He seems to have an amazing attitude aswell, seems very confident in his ability but not arrogant at all and really loves and appreciates playing football. In a team like Arsenal he'd be even better and it would scare me to think how good he could be. If we can have him until the summer then I think he'll have the necessary experience to handle the premiership, which he'll do with his eyes closed.

If he isn't playing for England in 2 years time then i'll be astounded.

He's a potential world beater.

I don't see why Arsenal wouldn't let him stay here for the entire season. He seems to be enjoying his football here, is putting in good performances, has established himself as a definite starter when available.. which certainly wouldn't be the case at Arsenal.

It can surely only benefit Arsenal and Smith in the long term and Leicester in the short term for him to stay. And that's one bit of short termism I AM a fan of.

Archived