Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AFC

** Ryan Smith **

your not havin him back so dont ask ;)

he is a craker, seriously though would he ever get a game with you??? (no)

he is fast, good at skills, not afraid to have a shot at goal, loves the fans!!!! ummmmm weaknesses he aint ours to keep thats the only weakness i see hehe!!!

Strengths - Pace, balance, A real footballing brain, see's passes etc and has a fair few tricks up his sleeve. Also jee's up the fans at Corners etc which is great to see.

Weaknesses - Defensively at times, sometimes forgets to track back when our left backs are in a bit of trouble, but that will come, he tracked back a lot more yesterday than in previous games i've seen and his work rate was brilliant, if he carries on like yesterday he won't look out of place on Arsenals left side although I hope it'll be Leicesters left side in the future, I can dream eh.

strengths ?? weaknesess ??

He`s bloody rubbish, cant pass, cant dribble, cant take on their whole team and set hume up to score with a brilliant flick, hes just rubbish, no doubt you`ll just off load him onto a weaker club, ah well we`ll take him, it is christmas, the time for charity, but you just remember this favour ok, and if we need another goalie for instance...

strengths ?? weaknesess ??

Strengths... where do you start.. I suppose you see a lot of talent week in week out so he might just be an average prospect for you. To us he has everything that we have lacked for such a long time. A player who can beat his man, bring the crowd to there feet, he has confidence and an arrogance which you shouldn't get until your 28! The guy is great.

Weaknesses... Well, he can be none existent if he hasn't got the ball, but that’s more our other players not passing him the ball than him. He obviously is going to have some inexperience in certain situations.

So what’s your perspective of the guy? Is he well known for being a hot prospect or just another youngster?

Strengths... where do you start.. I suppose you see a lot of talent week in week out so he might just be an average prospect for you. To us he has everything that we have lacked for such a long time. A player who can beat his man, bring the crowd to there feet, he has confidence and an arrogance which you shouldn't get until your 28! The guy is great.

Weaknesses... Well, he can be none existent if he hasn't got the ball, but that’s more our other players not passing him the ball than him. He obviously is going to have some inexperience in certain situations.

So what’s your perspective of the guy? Is he well known for being a hot prospect or just another youngster?

I see him as the natural replacement for Pires/Ljungberg.I know wenger rates Smith very very very highly...In fact he said was too good to play for the reserves (he must be good,cause our reserves would finish mid-table premiership easily)

Would be interested to know how he compares to walcott from southampton ?? Here many people rate Ryan Smith higher ?? Is he future england material ??

Unfortunately for you i see Smith coming back from his loan spell at the end of the season....so enjoy !!

Good luck for the rest of the season !!!!!!!!

I see him as the natural replacement for Pires/Ljungberg.I know wenger rates Smith very very very highly...In fact he said was too good to play for the reserves (he must be good,cause our reserves would finish mid-table premiership easily)

Would be interested to know how he compares to walcott from southampton ?? Here many people rate Ryan Smith higher ?? Is he future england material ??

Unfortunately for you i see Smith coming back from his loan spell at the end of the season....so enjoy !!

lets just hope he goes on a really bad run of formm... wengre finks.. 'whats he doing not good enuff to be in our books' then signs for us... then he turns back to the smithy we know!! :D:P nah i think hes a great player.. ive been going down city for a while now and he is defo one of the most exciting players i have seen in a leicester shirt!! i really hope he stays... he is the type of player to put bumbs in the seats... so if we did go in debt for him... surelly it would be better for the future of the club?? to be fair pennant IS a better player than him.. and pennant did enjoy life at brumy and wanted to stay... lets hope the same thing happens with our smithy!! if we get promoted this season *i aint saying i think we are going to* but IF we do... smith will stay unless he is a 1 man team :P but he really does love it here.. that shirt that he gave away will be worth ALOT in afew years i tell ya :)

He`s bloody rubbish, cant pass, cant dribble, cant take on their whole team and set hume up to score with a brilliant flick, hes just rubbish, no doubt you`ll just off load him onto a weaker club, ah well we`ll take him, it is christmas, the time for charity, but you just remember this favour ok, and if we need another goalie for instance...

I agree with Lush. Most of the others must have been watching a totally different player/match/club or they were so totally out of their minds for whatever reason that they were seeing things - and all of em illusions.

This boy could no sooner play for the great Arsenal than Filbert Fox. People have mentioned his dribbling but that's only cos he looks such a baby - you wouldn't even expect him to feed himself just yet, never mind doing so without spilling a bit.

Indeed he feels so strange and out of place in a real first team football shirt that he gave his away after the Sheffield match, obviously being much more comfortable in his winter coat.

Nor would he ever fit in at the Gunners socially. He's English for heaven sake. Barely speaks a word of French or Spanish as far as I know.

Give him time (takes about 10 years to learn a language properly!). We can help him that way in Leicester - we'll have him back to you speaking a dozen languages - but, like I said, you'll need to be patient.

His youth in another factor. It's not just his age but his level of maturity. Honestly, he needs constant comfort and he's never going to get that among those season professionals at Arsenal.

Against Sheffield he even had to hug the manager/coaching staff at one stage...just to make sure that comfort was close at hand.

No Ryan is no Gunner just yet. Not for a long time I'd say. Can we give you a ring when he's ready?

I think we all know deep down that he will return to Aresnal and probably set the world on fire. I think it will be a bit like beckham and Portvale, We can say "Ryan Smith played for us!" It would be great for our club to know that we had some input in his development.

As for Walcott, I personally don't know much about him. If he was a better prospect than Smith, then he must be the new Geroge Best! As for Smith playing for England, is grass green?

ADMIN!!!!! Please delete all the Ryan Smith posts relating to his strengths. He HAS NONE. They are all imbeciles. Imbeciles I say. Posters really should have more responsibility than to go misleading people, even Arsenal fans :whistle::whistle::whistle: .

SMITH IS CRA................................P..P......PPPPPPPPP! Ah, that's better.

ADMIN!!!!! Please delete all the Ryan Smith posts relating to his strengths. He HAS NONE. They are all imbeciles. Imbeciles I say. Posters really should have more responsibility than to go misleading people, even Arsenal fans :whistle::whistle::whistle: .

SMITH IS CRA................................P..P......PPPPPPPPP! Ah, that's better.

Oh Ryan Smith, I thought he was on about Brian Smith, you know that guy in our reserves that's breaking through ;) Nah, Ryan's crap I'm afraid

lets just hope he goes on a really bad run of formm... wengre finks.. 'whats he doing not good enuff to be in our books' then signs for us... then he turns back to the smithy we know!! :D:P nah i think hes a great player.. ive been going down city for a while now and he is defo one of the most exciting players i have seen in a leicester shirt!! i really hope he stays... he is the type of player to put bumbs in the seats... so if we did go in debt for him... surelly it would be better for the future of the club?? to be fair pennant IS a better player than him.. and pennant did enjoy life at brumy and wanted to stay... lets hope the same thing happens with our smithy!! if we get promoted this season *i aint saying i think we are going to* but IF we do... smith will stay unless he is a 1 man team :P but he really does love it here.. that shirt that he gave away will be worth ALOT in afew years i tell ya :)

I never actutally rated Pennant - bad bad attitude - not as good as he thinks he is - hence ending up at brum.

I think we all know deep down that he will return to Aresnal and probably set the world on fire. I think it will be a bit like beckham and Portvale, We can say "Ryan Smith played for us!" It would be great for our club to know that we had some input in his development.

As for Walcott, I personally don't know much about him. If he was a better prospect than Smith, then he must be the new Geroge Best! As for Smith playing for England, is grass green?

really really pleased for the Smith - as you may/may not know,smith tor a cruciate about 2 years ago..and i've heard (from a couple of people who know him well) he's still lacking a bit of confidence.

if hes lacking confidecne at the moment.. then my favourite band is the Spice Girls...

Yep - Spoke to Neil Blanfield (arsenal reserve team coach) 2 weeks ago,who said that Smith still felt only about 90% confident going into challenge an opposing team player

Yep - Spoke to Neil Blanfield (arsenal reserve team coach) 2 weeks ago,who said that Smith still felt only about 90% confident going into challenge an opposing team player

I can believe that actually. On Tuesday night against Watford he had tracked back to cover at left back and when faced by the Watford winger one-on-one, Smith just stuck a leg out behind himself in an attempt to win the ball. He didn't look confident enough to go into the challenge 100% committed.

The only weakness he has is that he has an English passport!!!

if he was French or Spanish he would have played more games for the first team by now!! which is a sad state of affairs if you ask me!!!

Wenger seems happy to play Youngsters he has brought from overseas but not homegrown ones

Hi guys,

You Leicester city fans really know how to judge a player... Can't beleve you've sussed how poor he isalready!! We sent him to Leicester cos we thought his lack of footballing ability wouldn't be so blatantly obvious.. Maybe we should have loaned him to Coventry or even a division 1 team....

Seriously though, I'm chuffed to bits he is playing well for you guys.. It seems he has a real rapport with the fans and has a alot of respect for Levein who has given him this chance.. I personally feel it makes sense that you keep him for the whole season and if all goes well you may get a play off spot.. Then who knows!!

I'm sure Smith won't be sold by us though.. I know Arsen and the coaching staff rate him really highly.. Its true not many English guys (except Cashly Cole) have broken through, but in all honesty none of them have been good enough.. Smith is more talented than Pennant and doesn't have his bad attitude.. As for Bentley, he just believed in the hype that he was the next Bergkamp.. He has good touch but he has no pace or power which means he struggles.. Van Persie is on another planet to Bentley.. Bentley doesn't even make Blackburns starting 11.. On a side note, you guys should have signed Spicer, we sold him to Bournemouth last season and this Summer he joined Burnley for a really good price and it seems he is doing the bizz, would have complimented Gudjohnsen really well)

Anyway I hope you go on a good run now and Smith keeps turning on the style!!

The only weakness he has is that he has an English passport!!!

if he was French or Spanish he would have played more games for the first team by now!! which is a sad state of affairs if you ask me!!!

Wenger seems happy to play Youngsters he has brought from overseas but not homegrown ones

granted with flamini - who is like a headless chicken on speed.

Thats a bit harsh Jay.. Seriously if you're good enough you'll play simple as that.. The trouble is players like Bently and Pennant had alot of hype but ultimately they were'nt good enough.. Ashley Cole quite clearly was and Smith also has the lot.. Wenger always looks at attitude as well as talent.. The only player I believe that could have done a job for us, was Sidwell, but ultimately he isn't as talented as Cesc!

I honestly believe Smith is better than Reyes from what i've seen of him, although i've never really been impressed with Reyes, and Pires, is way past his best now, you won't notice him gone if Smith takes his place.

I just hope when he returns to you (at the end of the season not in January Arsene :( ) you hold onto him, don't loan him out again (although if you are to, we'll happily take him), or sell him to the likes of Charlton/West Ham, give him a chance. He wouldn't let you down, he'll set the Premiership and Emirates Stadium alight and will fit perfectly into your style of play. :D

He's also the obvious answer to Englands left midfield problem.

Best player i've seen playing for us in years.

I honestly believe Smith is better than Reyes from what i've seen of him, although i've never really been impressed with Reyes, and Pires, is way past his best now, you won't notice him gone if Smith takes his place.

I just hope when he returns to you (at the end of the season not in January Arsene :( ) you hold onto him, don't loan him out again (although if you are to, we'll happily take him), or sell him to the likes of Charlton/West Ham, give him a chance. He wouldn't let you down, he'll set the Premiership and Emirates Stadium alight and will fit perfectly into your style of play. :D

He's also the obvious answer to Englands left midfield problem.

Best player i've seen playing for us in years.

Pires' pass to Henry yesterday anyone. :whistle:

Smith has been outstanding in the last couple of games but the standard of this division is shocking. He has a lot to prove if he is to make it at Arsenal but there is certainly evidence that he has the ability to do so. Lets hope we are first in line if he doesn't.

Archived